Edit my plans please! December trip

Sillysidewalker

IMG_8719.JPG
I'm not sure if this should be in planning or a pre-trip but I figured I would post and someone would correct me. So here goes...

We are going on our first Holiday Disney trip squeal! The Who: DH ,closet Disney lover, Princess obsessed DD's 7(Jet) 4 (bear) 4 (ninja) Trains & Pluto obsessed DS (tank)2. MIL & FIL. The When: Dec 15-19. The Where: AOA (Little mermaid) first night, Contemporary 3 nights. Disney Dining Plan. Our ADR window opens on the 18th so trying to roughly plan.

Our flight lands at 8:10am at MCO. We would like to drop our travel bags at AOA and then head over to 1900 Park Fare for character brunch. Bear is Alice in Wonderland obsessed. She has been her twice for Halloween. In my humble opinion she makes a perfect Alice.
My goal is 10:30 or 11:00am. Is this time doable?

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
My kids prefer meet and greets to rides so that is pretty much our trip. I get tired of standing in the lines which is the reason for all the character meals. Thank you for the compliment on my kids. I am planning on trip reporting so I will try to tag you with any tips. When is your trip?

Our trip is December 24-28! It will be my husband, myself, and our almost three year old (by then) daughter who is also princess obsessed!

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I am in love with this photo!!! Plans sound good.. not sure if you've seen the Frozen Sing a Long.. but it's adorable.. might want to add it in.

Thank you! She is our free spirit and I just love her little personality. We did frozen sing along last trip and the girls loved it. I may have got a little teary eyed seeing how happy it made them. I head the little mermaid one may be retired which is why I choose this one but I may need to squeeze in both. You know how well these over packed schedules work ;).

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
So as the park hours are trickling out I am thinking of changing a few plans. We want to keep our park days the same. Previously I had planned to do the Bon Voyage breakfast on Sunday before Hollywood Studios. Now there are extra magic hours that day at Hollywood Studios so I don't think we want to get to the park that late on an EMH day. So thinking of switching this to our Epcot morning. Questions what is the best way to get from AOA to the Boardwalk? Also would we be able to make it to 9:00am park opening if we had a 7:30am ADR?

Upvote 0

21stamps

So as the park hours are trickling out I am thinking of changing a few plans. We want to keep our park days the same. Previously I had planned to do the Bon Voyage breakfast on Sunday before Hollywood Studios. Now there are extra magic hours that day at Hollywood Studios so I don't think we want to get to the park that late on an EMH day. So thinking of switching this to our Epcot morning. Questions what is the best way to get from AOA to the Boardwalk? Also would we be able to make it to 9:00am park opening if we had a 7:30am ADR?

I always recommend Uber.. but a few people on this site have said that your hotel can provide you with transportation to an ADR. Definitely check with the front desk on the night before!

As far as the adr at 7:30.. it's a coin flip. You could get seated right away and be finished in time.. or you could wait to be seated for awhile.

Upvote 0

Roknrollrghostr

@21stamps beat me to it, but I agree with everything she said! I also never know how to gauge character meals. I usually plan 2 hrs for meals, that way I'm not cutting things too close. Luckily you will be super close to the back entrance of Epcot so you will get there quickly.

Upvote 0

GVentola

I'm getting exhausted just reading your itinerary. ;) It sounds like too much to cram in to a few days, and I'm afraid your mother-in-law or maybe even all of you will be dead on your feet going to restaurant to park to restaurant again. I would say, allow plenty of time to get from one destination to another, and make sure to keep hydrated, and rest for several minutes now and then--just listen to the area music being played in the section you're resting in, and when it starts repeating itself, then is a good time to get back into action. No matter how you plan on doing your vacation, I wish you and yours are wonderful, magical trip.

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Ugh so all my plans for ADR's have completely fallen through. We couldn't get ANY of them. Of course the 11:45 Park Fare was available on arrival day I took it just out of desperation but I know everyone told me what a bad idea this was. Ugh I am starting to regret a December trip. I know there are cancellations but with how quickly everything booked I am getting nervous these may be Park closure days. Yikes!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom