Edit my plans please! December trip

Sillysidewalker

IMG_8719.JPG
I'm not sure if this should be in planning or a pre-trip but I figured I would post and someone would correct me. So here goes...

We are going on our first Holiday Disney trip squeal! The Who: DH ,closet Disney lover, Princess obsessed DD's 7(Jet) 4 (bear) 4 (ninja) Trains & Pluto obsessed DS (tank)2. MIL & FIL. The When: Dec 15-19. The Where: AOA (Little mermaid) first night, Contemporary 3 nights. Disney Dining Plan. Our ADR window opens on the 18th so trying to roughly plan.

Our flight lands at 8:10am at MCO. We would like to drop our travel bags at AOA and then head over to 1900 Park Fare for character brunch. Bear is Alice in Wonderland obsessed. She has been her twice for Halloween. In my humble opinion she makes a perfect Alice.
My goal is 10:30 or 11:00am. Is this time doable?

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Picture inserting newbie. Need to read how to insert in the appropriate place. Anyhow onward.

We are crossing our fingers that our room will be ready early. Hoping to head back to the resort after brunch for naps (after a 5:50 am flight I think we will all need them). Then off to AK. Our hope is to do Safari, Meet Pocahontas, Dino whirl, Navi River ride and just general exploring AK. We would love to do a ROV dining package at Tusker house. If we can't get those maybe just QS somewhere. Are there fastpasses for ROL?

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I wouldn't mess with a split stay on such a short trip. Not worth the hassle IMO. Are you renting a car? If not, you almost definitely won't make brunch.

We are doing the split stay to make both sets of traveling companions happy. Our kids love AOA however due to mobility issues my MIL only wants to stay at monorail resorts. This is our compromise.

Would you Uber to the Floridian?

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Even that is a stretch. If you were renting a car, I'd recommend going straight from the airport to the Grand rather than going to AoA to drop your bags first, but if you're taking Magical Express, they'll only bring you to your actual resort.

Ok I may move this to later in our trip thank you. This is a can't miss for us so I appreciate the feedback.

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Saturday morning. We will transfer our luggage first thing, head to Epcot for rope drop. Hope to get a FP for FEA so we plan to do Soarin as stand by. Then ride and meet as many characters as we can. What lunch ADR would you do? We have done Eskerhaus & Garden grill so we would like to try something new. Hoping to score rose & crown dinner ADR to watch Illuminations. Any suggestion on time? Is our party to large to get patio seating? If we can't do Rose & Crown is there an alternative that would accommodate a party if our size and still view illuminations? As I mentioned MIL has mobility issues so we try to getting seating for nighttime shows when possible.

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I have been reading a lot about the candlelight processional. What time does it usually take place? Does it conflict with illuminations? I'm not sure my littles would be able to sit through it. Anyone with you children attend?

Upvote 0

bee

I have been reading a lot about the candlelight processional. What time does it usually take place? Does it conflict with illuminations? I'm not sure my littles would be able to sit through it. Anyone with you children attend?
There are three Candlelight shows per night, typically 5:00, 6:45, and 8:15. It will always be over before IllumiNations, which is typically 9:00, 9:30, or 10:00 depending on park closure time. I can't answer your kids question as I don't have kids and have never taken kids, but I can tell you the performers are mostly high school choir members and I was in the show all through high school. If we all could stand in hot robes under stage lights for the duration of the show maybe kids can sit through the whole thing?

I think your split stay will be fine. Plan for both rooms not to be ready and to go on and do whatever plans you already had. If you wait around hoping the rooms will be ready you'll never get to the parks!

Like @CaptainAmerica I would also advise against a morning brunch time on your first day. There is too much potential for delay along the way (flight, getting through airport, DME ride, multiple drop-offs, transportation in WDW, etc). I'd try another day or, if they're still doing afternoon brunch, try for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roknrollrghostr

I'm going to agree with everybody else and say don't do 1900 Park Fare on your arrival day. Save it for a morning in which you will be waking up at the Contemporary, then you can just hop on the monorail and traveling will be much less stressful!

You asked about ADRs for lunch on your Epcot day. If you are doing two table service restaurants make sure you have a decent gap between lunch and dinner. If you are doing a World Showcase dinner, maybe try Coral Reef for lunch. I've enjoyed lunch there a few times and I think the kids would like it.

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
IMG_7328.JPG
This little lady Ninja as we call her loves Ariel (and ice cream). So day three we are hoping to get an ADR at the Bon Voyage character meal at the Boardwalk. She will be dreamy eyed at meeting price Eric. Then plan on walking or boating to Hollywood Studios. Plan is to ride TSM, TOT and see the Little Mermaid show. So I know I am "planning" a lot of ADR's but I know I probably won't get half of these and some may be cancelled. Tips on the Minnie Hollywood and vine meal? I was thinking of either a lunch ADR here or Beaches and Cream(which would satisfy Ninjas love of ice cream). We are hoping to make this a short day so we can get back to the resort for a long nap.

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Evening after naps it's time for MVMCP. We have never been to one of the parties so I am excited/nervous about how all of this will go down. I am thinking no ADR's this night. I won't want to waste any of our "ticket time" sitting down for a meal. I am just not sure how to give my MIL & littles rest during this event without an ADR. Tips? I know my MIL won't make it without some sitting time. The obvious answer is for her to go back when she's had enough. Our family just doesn't work that way though. When one is done we all are. Like the musketeers .

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
IMG_4038.JPG

Jets favorite day of our trips. MK day! Since she was 2 anytime she sees fireworks she squeals Disneyworld! She still believes in all the magic but I know these days are numbered. I doubt we are up too early since I hope we have a great time at MVMCP so the earliest plans will be for lunch. Hoping for an early lunch at Be Our Guest. Then hoping for dinner at Cinderellas Royal Table. I have gone back and forth on this one. It is such a time suck. The girls love it but I have a hard time justifying the time. Last time we went it took 3 hours...If anyone knows a strategy to speed this up I'm all ears.

Attachments

• IMG_4038.JPG
    IMG_4038.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Finally departure day. My plan was chef Mickeys since Tank loves Pluto.
IMG_5811.JPG
Plus convenience of it being in the contemporary. Now I am torn since the arrival day doesn't seem like the greatest idea. This would be an easy day to swap to 1900 Park Fare. Who's dream do I make come true?!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roknrollrghostr

I've got a couple of ideas for meeting all the characters you want to in your dining plans. If meeting Pluto is more important than eating at a new place, do Garden Grill for lunch on your Epcot day, then you can do 1900 Park Fare on your departure day. OR instead of doing Be Our Guest for lunch on MK Day, do a late breakfast (I think the last reservation time is 10:30) and book the Wonderland Tea Party for the kids, which I think is at 2 pm. I don't prefer this 2nd option as much without cutting something out because it is a lot to pack into one day, especially after MVMCP. There is also the fact that the adults and Tank would not be allowed to attend because it is only for kids. Keep in mind you will also be able to meet the characters in the parks if you have to cut anything out. Alice meets at both Epcot and MK, Ariel at MK and during the Christmas party and Pluto meets pretty much everywhere.

We do one of the parties every year and we inevitably need to rest too. Depending on how crowded it is, we like to stake out a table outside at Casey's for dinner before the fireworks and then we have a nice view, if it's too crowded you can always take your meal to the hub grass. There will also be quick service restaurants open throughout the night as well as snack locations with nearby seating if you just need a quick break, and it won't take up too much of your time. The people watching during the parties is a lot of fun, so many festive outfits!

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That's rough going for so short of time and trying to fit in everyone's must do list with so many varied obsessions. One thing to consider is that you can hit quite a few character meets in Epcot and MK, and doing that instead of all the ADRs might make for a less stressful trip. Your kids are all adorable! We'll be going shortly after you with an almost three year old and also staying in AoA Little Mermaid, so I'm hoping you end up doing a trip report so I can learn some last minute tips from your experience!!

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
character meets in Epcot and MK, and doing that instead of all the ADRs might make for a less stressful trip. Your kids are all adorable!

My kids prefer meet and greets to rides so that is pretty much our trip. I get tired of standing in the lines which is the reason for all the character meals. Thank you for the compliment on my kids. I am planning on trip reporting so I will try to tag you with any tips. When is your trip?

Upvote 0

21stamps

If you are interested in attending Candlelight Processional definitely get a dining package for it. Experience Tip- plan on allowing plenty of time to eat, do what attractions you want first before the dining.. or- book a breakfast dining package which is really what I should have done. Lol

Upvote 0

21stamps

View attachment 209040 This little lady Ninja as we call her loves Ariel (and ice cream). So day three we are hoping to get an ADR at the Bon Voyage character meal at the Boardwalk. She will be dreamy eyed at meeting price Eric. Then plan on walking or boating to Hollywood Studios. Plan is to ride TSM, TOT and see the Little Mermaid show. So I know I am "planning" a lot of ADR's but I know I probably won't get half of these and some may be cancelled. Tips on the Minnie Hollywood and vine meal? I was thinking of either a lunch ADR here or Beaches and Cream(which would satisfy Ninjas love of ice cream). We are hoping to make this a short day so we can get back to the resort for a long nap.

I am in love with this photo!!! Plans sound good.. not sure if you've seen the Frozen Sing a Long.. but it's adorable.. might want to add it in.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom