Edit: Deleting since can’t confirm

Vegas Disney Fan

One other thing they train us, that I think is good advice for everyone, is not to panic and blindly start running, that’s how most people get hurt, it’s almost always a false alarm and even on the rare occasion something is happening (usually a fist fight) blindly running is just as likely to lead you directly towards the problem rather than away from it.

llrain

This is so true. Remember how easy it was for the wdw company to 86 plastic straws in the name of saving the environment? Balloons are 1000x worse that plastic straws, not only bad for the environment but bad for wildlife
If a balloon escalated the situation I would be all for eliminating them.
-They are way too expensive
-They are annoying during firework shows
-They are annoying to store when doing anything in the park other then walking the midway
-Bad for the environment
-A waste of a non renewable resource (helium.)

Brian

-They are annoying to store when doing anything in the park other then walking the midway
-Bad for the environment
A balloon was also responsible for a horse getting spooked and almost very badly injuring the Merida performer riding horseback and its handlers back in 2020.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
From very little reporting so far it sounds like there's at least a plan and that CMs have done a good job implementing. At least one unverified report of guests in shops on eastern part of main street shuttled into bypass where gates were closed on both ends.
Hm. As a former employee. I did not have any training, talk, or anything on this matter. I would just assume the CMs are using common sense.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I agree balloons have a lot of problems...I wish there was something else that didn't inflate, didn't have the other issues, were recyclable or something but I don't know what.

You know people would go crazy if Disney stopped selling balloons though

Disney Analyst

Hi all this is my tweet lol
I just got home, was a scary situation but the police have said there was NO real threat. They did send us backstage (I was in emporium, got out by where they keep the vehicles of main st). Monorails were closed and they were trying to get everyone on the ferries, which was chaos. I went to the Contemporary and got picked up.

Glad you’re safe! What are the odds I shared a member of this forums tweet!

mysto

-Bad for the environment
Your post is spot-on, and if you replace the word "balloon" with "cupcake" you are still spot on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom