Economy effects on the CP

ntoeman

Original Poster
Does anyone think the economy will end up having much effect on the CP in the next year or so? I know Disney is making a lot of cuts right now so one could say they might not accept as many, but at the same time they might accept more because it could be cheaper for them. Will the cost of living at the apartments go up much? What other effects could come about?

I plan on applying for the spring '10 semester and I know to apply as soon as it's available so my concern isn't so much about getting into the program (although I am naturally nervous about it all, but just as excited) as it is the costs while living down there and any other problems the economy could have on anyone who is going to be doing the CP in the next few years.
Thanks!

joanna71985

Does anyone think the economy will end up having much effect on the CP in the next year or so? I know Disney is making a lot of cuts right now so one could say they might not accept as many, but at the same time they might accept more because it could be cheaper for them. Will the cost of living at the apartments go up much? What other effects could come about?

I plan on applying for the spring '10 semester and I know to apply as soon as it's available so my concern isn't so much about getting into the program (although I am naturally nervous about it all, but just as excited) as it is the costs while living down there and any other problems the economy could have on anyone who is going to be doing the CP in the next few years.
Thanks!

I don't think the economy is going to affect the CP much. The CPs are the cheapest out of all CMs. Rent will continue to go up every so often (usually in Jan). In fact, rent is going up this Jan (it's going up from $75-$91 up to $85-$105).

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
CP = Cheap Labor

When I did my CP from 8/03 - 8/04 we were 'hated' because that was after 9/11 and park attandence (sp?) was starting to get back to pre-9/11 numbers, but not quite and we were blamed for taking all of the hours away from regular CMs - I felt bad, but I stayed for a year :sohappy:

CaptainMichael

I'm a Campus Rep at LSU, and we were told by our recruiter that applications were at an all time high and good canidates were even being rejected due to the limited amount of roles Disney has.

CP's are indeed cheap labor, and I'm sure they'll keep the program going strong. I'm also suspicious that Disney gets some sort of benefit from the government for having the program.

joanna71985

I'm a Campus Rep at LSU, and we were told by our recruiter that applications were at an all time high and good canidates were even being rejected due to the limited amount of roles Disney has.

No kidding about that! I remember how easy it was to be accepted in Nov back on my first CP (for 2005). Now the CP is filling up so quickly! It keeps getting more and more popular each year. At this rate, Disney is going to have to build another complex, or keep on rejecting more people.

Joepic

No kidding about that! I remember how easy it was to be accepted in Nov back on my first CP (for 2005). Now the CP is filling up so quickly! It keeps getting more and more popular each year. At this rate, Disney is going to have to build another complex, or keep on rejecting more people.

Oh no! It's so depressing to hear this. I planned on applying for Spring 2010, but my parents won't let me apply until I finish a year of school. So I'll have to apply for Fall 2010. I hope not much changes between the two programs. I don't want to miss my chance of the CP! I've been looking forward to it for many years now.

It makes me so frustrated! It doesn't make any sense. I need to convince my parents otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom