Ebay Find....Disney obsession confirmed?

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
So I have been gathering stuff to decorate and utilize in our work in progress "movie" room. Have been buying movie posters, wall art, and a few small pieces of used movie/ theater equipment. I was browsing Ebay and came across something I have been wanting to get for decoration. But what caught my eye was the metal decal on the bottom. That decal is what sealed the deal.

reel1a by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

reel3a by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

reel2a by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

So is it official, am I Disney obsessed?

Anyway, I figured if I was going to buy one so why not one with some Disney connection. From my research Dream Quest Images was acquired by Disney and used from 1996-2001. In 2001 production ceased and the unit closed. I found a date scratched into the chipped paint 1-16-04. Which is well after DQI was defunct so I wonder what's the history on this item.

Feel free to post your fun Disney finds.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Very cool! Did you get it?

Yes, oh yes! I kept it a secret from Katie until it arrived. I figured she would give me the you've lost it look. But she was excited about this when I gave her the backstory. I just wish there was a way to find out what projects it was used to create.

I got it for a reasonable price for something real compared to stamped metal wall art.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Great idea! There must be a way you can trace it's history. Let me know when you have your open house.:D
You'll have to swing by, I've got an 8oz "Princton Popper" popcorn machine with cart. Makes the entire house smell like a movie theater, lots of fun.

81z73ZpWkcL._SY355_.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom