Eat to the Beat Concerts

MinnieLee

Original Poster
A guy my DH works with said that he saw the concert schedule line up for the F&W concerts. I looked around and can't find it. Can anyone help?:shrug:

DawnBerg

Hi, I saw it yesterday on mouseplanet.com. Here is what was there.
After Sounds Like Summer is done, the America Gardens Theater has about a month and a half without a regular tenant until the Eat to the Beat concert series begins with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival in late September. We've got almost the entire schedule for those shows, as well.
  • September 26-27: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
  • September 28-30: Sheena Easton
  • October 1-4: Starship Starring Mickey Thomas
  • October 5-7: En Vogue
  • October 8-9: Jonny Lang
  • October 10-12: Peabo Bryson
  • October 13-14: Sister Hazel
  • October 15-16: David Sanborn
  • October 17-18: Jon Secada
  • October 19-21: Spyro Gyra
  • October 22-23: Otis Day & the Knights
  • October 24-26: Exposé
  • October 27-28: Kool & the Gang
  • October 29-30: Boyz II Men
  • October 31-November 2: Atlanta Rhythm Section
  • November 3-5: David Cassidy
  • November 6-7: To Be Announced
  • November 8-9: Los Lobos
Thanks to Steve Soares' Walt Disney World Live Entertainment site (link) for some of the acts and dates.

Nebrfan

I don't think there are any original members left of Jefferson Airplane. I believe Paul Kantner has a band called "Paul Kantner's Jefferson Airplane" something like that. Mickey Thomas has a tremendous voice and was the lead singer on "We built this city", "Jane", "Stranger", etc.

I would love to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. They are one of the best of the swing bands and put on a great show. They even had a hit with a song called "you and me and a bottle makes 3 tonight" or something like that. Sorry I'll miss them.

KeeKee

I think it's great that some of them have places to play in their "golden" years. Some still have big contributions to make to the music scene.

We saw Little Richard last year and it was one of the best shows ever! I believe he said he was about to turn 75. If he can still rock the house like he did that night at 80, I would go see him no question.

Crazy4WDW1

As long as they sound good, I'm glad they're still playing. I wish I could go down to see David Cassidy. He's still dreamy. :eek:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
[*]September 26-27: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - I do wanna see them

[*]September 28-30: Sheena Easton - LOL :lol:

[*]October 1-4: Starship Starring Mickey Thomas - Meh

[*]October 5-7: En Vogue - That could be interesting!

[*]October 8-9: Jonny Lang - really really wanna see!

[*]October 10-12: Peabo Bryson - who? :p

[*]October 13-14: Sister Hazel -meh

[*]October 15-16: David Sanborn - dunno who this is

[*]October 17-18: Jon Secada - lol ooook *shrug*

[*]October 19-21: Spyro Gyra - do what now?

[*]October 22-23: Otis Day & the Knights -pass

[*]October 24-26: Exposé - lol Realllly?!

[*]October 27-28: Kool & the Gang - could be cool

[*]October 29-30: Boyz II Men -nice to know they can still find work

[*]October 31-November 2: Atlanta Rhythm Section - All of Atlanta? :eek::lookaroun

[*]November 3-5: David Cassidy - OMG Partridge Family! :lol::sohappy:

[*]November 6-7: To Be Announced - thrilling

[*]November 8-9: Los Lobos - so.. theyll sing La bamba a couple of times then? :veryconfu :shrug: :lol::lookaroun

Peabo Bryson is probably best known in Disneys world as the singer opposite Celine Dion for the song "Beauty and the Beast".

Oddly, I would go see Expose....haha. What's wrong with me?!

jakeman

Granted, these artist are not near as popular as they once were, but maybe we are seeing a refocusing of the demographic for F&W.

If you look back, the acts were of the much older variety than the acts this year.

Perhaps Disney has data that shows that F&W is beginning to cater to a younger crowd. I would hazard, quite unofficially, that what ever research show the average age range of the guest to be about 25-40ish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom