EasyWDW Passes Away

TriSeb

Please let me know if the site is restored by the hosting company. I will try to get one of my developers to get a copy to preserve a static version on a different URL/Domain. The forums will be more difficult.

nickys

Premium Member
Please let me know if the site is restored by the hosting company. I will try to get one of my developers to get a copy to preserve a static version on a different URL/Domain. The forums will be more difficult.
I would imagine his family would have the rights to the content. Micah was a moderator on the forum and has been in touch with the family.

I’m sad to think Josh’s writing might be lost, but that’s his family’s decision to make.

nickys

Premium Member
So I have an update.

Micah heard from Josh’s family that they made the difficult decision to take down the EasyWDW site and forum in July.

There is also some discussion on Dave Shute’s site here:

Rest in peace Josh.

TriSeb

The Wayback Machine archival site has a snapshot of the main site. Not all (tilted 😔) images were captured, but Josh's writing is still intact.

I'll never forget how gracious he was when he hung out with me and my family, which included my disabled mom in a scooter. He toured with us the whole day and never once got impatient with the additional time of managing her transfers. May they both rest in peace.

Last edited:

StantonZ

I used to read easyWDW regularly as well; no one combined his level of statistics/analytics with such witty commentary. Unfortunately, the data/info in his posts becomes out-of-date without a regular refresh (which is what brings you back).
Josh will be sorely missed.

JohnD

I’m late to this thread.Never knew him personally but I found his daily calendars extremely helpful. RIP, Josh.

nickys

Premium Member
Yesterday was the anniversary of Josh’s death.

May he rest in peace.

And now my PSA. If anyone fees they can’t cope please reach out to someone, either a friend or family member or a helpline.

And if you are worried about someone you know, ask them what you can do to help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom