Easter or August

steveb3005

In the initial stages of planning first family trip with wife and 2 kids (12 and 6) I came 6 years ago in October time but this time Having to book in U.K. school holidays and wondering which would be best time to visit Easter or August? From what I read so far Easter is v busy but August is v v hot and humid. Any thoughts please?

mouse_luv

I'd go the 2nd to last week of August, because April is crazy busy and you can't guarantee that it won't be hot. It won't be as hot/humid as August, but August is more doable due to lower crowds. If you go end/last week of Aug this year you more than likely won't have lower crowds because of the extension of Food and Wine starting 31 Aug.

This is coming from someone that has been to WDW pretty much every month of the year for years and I'd choose mid to late mid Aug over April any day.

Good luck and have fun planning your trip! :)

Upvote 0

MySmallWorldof4

We were there the week after Easter thinking it would not be crowded last year. It was insanely crowded and there sure were a lot of our British friends there. We have been in August also. While it is hot, it is much less crowded. It helps to wear a hat and just walk into air conditioned stores to cool off a bit. Take a break from the parks at lunch and then go back after 4 or 5. So my vote is for August.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

I'll go against the crowd and say Easter :) We were there this past September and our girls could not handle the heat (neither could we really). It was 90+ degrees every day & super humid. And, it was 90 from sun up to sun down. There was no break. Our girls were tired and cranky all week (they were 5 and 1). I went in April several years ago and most days in was in the 80's, no humidity BUT it was a gradual climb to 80. It would start out cool, we'd be wearing sweatshirts, it would hit its peak mid day, then cool down at sundown. Both will have similar crowds so I'd go for the better weather :)

Upvote 0

Disney4family

Others here know more than I do. I have experienced both. Easter is busy. It will be packed.
The southern schools go back to school mid-August. Traditionally that meant the parks were not as packed.
We usually go the end of August. Over the past few years, the parks have remained packed.
It is hot and humid in August, but we have always had a wonderful, magical time.

Upvote 0

21stamps

@steveb3005 I've been "watching" this thread. I just canceled my Easter trip after reading the responses. Ive been on the fence anyway..but reading the stories of crowds made me finally actually make the call.

Go in August..lower crowds will be more enjoyable for you! Even if it's hot and raining. :)

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'd also recommend August over Easter. Right now its full-on winter in the northern parts of the US, while in the South/SouthEast its an early spring. When Easter and Spring Break coincide everyone that can leave the NorthEast does and they head to warmer places like Orlando.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Another vote for August we went the first 2 weeks last year and loved it! There's plenty of AC to be found if you know where to look and there weren't a lot of crowds at all:joyfull:

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

August definitely over Easter. Easter is right up there with Christmas/NYE crowds. Heat and humidity can be managed by drinking and keeping yourself cool. Plan for AC events when the kids get tired/cranky. Plan a trip back to the hotel for a dip in the pool, rest in the AC room, and head back early evening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom