East Coast hated Mr. Toad and Loves Pooh?

Figment632

Original Poster
So I'm in DL and noticed something along my journeys. When Mr Toad was towards it's end in WDW it was a walk on, as long as I have seen it Pooh has been popular with a wait. Here in DL it has been the opposite Pooh is the walk on and Toad (thankfully still here) has had a 20 to 30 min wait since we have been here. I asked a CM an was told Toad has always been more popular here.

Why is he the toast of the town in DL and more popular than Pooh in DL only to be closed and replaced by Pooh in WDW?

FigmentJedi

Well, the thing with Disneyland's Pooh is that it's widely regarded as the weakest of the Pooh rides around the world.
Plus with Toad there being the only one around now...

the-reason14

Cool, you're in DL? I'll be going there next month for the first time ever and I can't wait. I think DL is smart and fortunate for having both Pooh and Toad. There really isn't a big enough reason why the MK shouldn't have both. I mean, they're way bigger than DL itself, they could have and should have been able to have both. I can't wait to go to DL and see how much more stuff its Magic Kingdom has than WDW's. Also cant wait to see its supposedly "superior" Space Mt.

bearboysnc

Toad vs Pooh

#1 WDW Toad had double loading, it could cycle through twice as many guests. DL Pooh hunnypots are like school buses.

#2 Pooh is way out in Bear/Critter country. The farthest point from the Main Gate. As a teen, I worked at Hungry Bear (84'-88') our restaurant was the last one opened for lunch, and the first one closed. Had Pooh been placed in Fantasyland, It'd be slammed open to close.

Just because theres no line does not equate popularity.

wdwfan100

So I'm in DL and noticed something along my journeys. When Mr Toad was towards it's end in WDW it was a walk on, as long as I have seen it Pooh has been popular with a wait. Here in DL it has been the opposite Pooh is the walk on and Toad (thankfully still here) has had a 20 to 30 min wait since we have been here. I asked a CM an was told Toad has always been more popular here.

Why is he the toast of the town in DL and more popular than Pooh in DL only to be closed and replaced by Pooh in WDW?

I cant say I recall Mr. Toad being a give me walk on. It seems on our last trip that it was open there was a decent wait. as for pooh, he was the marketing center for a while. Now it is Stitch. I just hate to see classic rides/attractions removed for the marketing venture du jour.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Can you believe DL's Pooh had FP!!! DL's Pooh just needs to go away, I wanta see the Country Bear Christmas Show again!

But DL doesn't even have Country Bear's....
I miss the Christmas overlay at WDW as well

#1 WDW Toad had double loading, it could cycle through twice as many guests. DL Pooh hunnypots are like school buses.

#2 Pooh is way out in Bear/Critter country. The farthest point from the Main Gate. As a teen, I worked at Hungry Bear (84'-88') our restaurant was the last one opened for lunch, and the first one closed. Had Pooh been placed in Fantasyland, It'd be slammed open to close.
Just because theres no line does not equate popularity.

I think that is a big part of it. It is tucked away in that hole like a stroller park in an area of two "E" tickets. Location, location, location!

MickeyDent

I have talked to a bunch of people about it and every one of them have said they liked Mr. Toad better the Pooh. I have to agree with them. It was a little strange though that, in the most magical place on earth, there was ride where you ended up in hell!! LOL

ToTBellHop

I gather the general feeling was the Toad was pretty dated and not particularly kid-friendly, whereas Pooh is extremely kid-friendly, which in WDW's Fantasyland = lines. It's probably the same reason that Peter Pan packs them in while Snow White doesn't.

Chrononymous

I always thought DL's Toad was better than WDW. I couldn't put my finger on it...it just seemed more shiny and exciting!

And the Pooh at WDW is better than DL's. It just is.

stonehill1968

Plus, there are lots of kid-friendly Pooh books out there. I'm guessing "Wind In the Willows" (source of the Toad story) isn't widely read in this dumbed-down world of ours. Lots more Pooh merchandise, too.

TP2000

So I'm in DL and noticed something along my journeys. When Mr Toad was towards it's end in WDW it was a walk on, as long as I have seen it Pooh has been popular with a wait. Here in DL it has been the opposite Pooh is the walk on and Toad (thankfully still here) has had a 20 to 30 min wait since we have been here.

Disneyland Toad has an hourly capacity of about 500 riders per hour.

Disneyland Pooh has an hourly capacity of about 950 to 1000 riders per hour.

Add in the physical differences with Toad being smack dab in the middle of a very busy Fantasyland, and Pooh being stuck back in the corner of Critter Country in the trees, and you've got even more reason why the lines are different lengths.

But it's that hourly capacity that is the biggest reason. A line doesn't automatically mean something is more popular than something without a line. You probably waited 15 minutes or less for Pirates of the Caribbean, at the same time Mr. Toad had a 30 minute line. Pirates gets 3,000 riders per hour versus Toad's 500 riders per hour. So you can't base which is more "popular" solely from the length of a line.

Figment632

Original Poster
I'm just trying to show that in DL people still ride Toad. In WDW it was in the middle of FL and people said it was just a walk on in he end.

DizneyPryncess

I don't know about everyone else - but because Toad is gone from WDW, I now really want to ride it in DL. It's the "always wanting what you can't have" complex :lol:. I don't know if that has anything at all to do w/the long waits at DL - probably not - but it would be my logic for waiting to ride it at DL.

Speaking of - my first trip to DL is this fall! Never been there - but found out my uncle's company is part of Club 33, so we're going to have dinner there! Very excited. :sohappy:

TP2000

I don't know about everyone else - but because Toad is gone from WDW, I now really want to ride it in DL.
Speaking of - my first trip to DL is this fall! Never been there - but found out my uncle's company is part of Club 33, so we're going to have dinner there! Very excited. :sohappy:

Uh....um..... when exactly in the Fall are you going to Disneyland? I ask because the Fantasyland dark rides are all undergoing a month-long normal refurbishment in an order. (Yes, unlike WDW, they close attractions regularly in Disneyland for freshening and refurbishment at the risk of ruining vacations for tourists from around the world. :lol: )

Peter Pan's Flight was closed for five weeks and is about to open this weekend. Snow White's Scary Adventures will be close from early June until early July. Then they take a break for two weeks around the busy 4th of July and Disneyland's anniversary on July 17th time. Then from late July through late August Pinnochio's Daring Journey is closed. The schedule doesn't go out past August yet, but Mr. Toad's Wild Ride would likely be next in late summer/early fall.

They gave a big refurbishment to Alice In Wonderland just last year, as well updating the projection technology on that dark ride, so all that would be left is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Likely sometime in the Fall. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom