News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

doctornick

I don’t really understand why they aren’t doing some days for DHS. That would be viewed as a more substantial perk I would think compared to Epcot, even if Rise is not available

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I don’t really understand why they aren’t doing some days for DHS. That would be viewed as a more substantial perk I would think compared to Epcot, even if Rise is not available
For the future anyways, it might be due to the Star Wars hotel, as they'll get time all to themselves, at least for SWL. At least that's my impression. If they have to compete with everyone else for access to the attractions, that will really anger almost everyone staying there spending thousands of dollars for a 2 night stay.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Early Entry attractions have been posted -

Magic Kingdom Park
  • “it’s a small world”
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Space Mountain
  • The Barnstormer
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
  • Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
  • Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
Epcot
  • Beauty and The Beast Sing-Along
  • Frozen Ever After
  • Mission: SPACE
  • Soarin’ Around the World
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track
  • The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Alien Swirling Saucers
  • Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
  • Slinky Dog Dash
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ™
  • Toy Story Mania!
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
  • DINOSAUR
  • Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
  • It’s Tough to be a Bug!
  • Na’vi River Journey
  • TriceraTop Spin

UNCgolf

That's a pretty weak list for the Magic Kingdom.

No Haunted Mansion, no Pirates, no Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and no Splash Mountain? That's arguably the four best rides in the park and none of them are open. That makes it barely worth going. I assume everyone will rush to 7DMT and even early entry people will end up with 20-30+ minute waits.

I suppose Space Mountain and Peter Pan will siphon some off. It also could be intentional to try to get people to go to the other parks and spread out the crowds.

Ripken10

No Haunted Mansion, no Pirates, no Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and no Splash Mountain? That's arguably the four best rides in the park and none of them are open. That makes it barely worth going. I assume everyone will rush to 7DMT and even early entry people will end up with 20-30+ minute waits.
The MK list looks pretty similar to what they offered the paid early access (forget the name - early morning magic?). Basically they are opening Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. For families it is definitely worth it, and it makes sense if you think about it enough.

UNCgolf

The MK list looks pretty similar to what they offered the paid early access (forget the name - early morning magic?). Basically they are opening Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. For families it is definitely worth it, and it makes sense if you think about it enough.

I thought it was the extended evening hours list at first -- I see everything but Splash is included in that set.

I still think the vast majority will head to 7DMT and a ton of guests will get essentially no benefit at all since it's only 30 minutes.

Redhawk

That is exactly what I was thinking. How many Deluxe Guests are there on any given day? What about the "slow" times of the year? The parks would be a ghost town during this time if it were limited to just Deluxe guests.
Husband and I have visited during the slow times of the year and loved Evening EMH because often the parks were a ghost town, especially when they stayed open until 11:00 or midnight.

Last edited:

91JLovesDisney

Magic Kingdom Park
  • “it’s a small world”
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Space Mountain
  • The Barnstormer
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
  • Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
  • Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
Everything except Splash Mountain then? Is that how they're playing this?

peter11435

I suppose Space Mountain and Peter Pan will siphon some off. It also could be intentional to try to get people to go to the other parks and spread out the crowds.
It’s consistent with what has been open for morning EMH for years

DisneyDodo

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
  • DINOSAUR
  • Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
  • It’s Tough to be a Bug!
  • Na’vi River Journey
  • TriceraTop Spin
No KS means you can't use Early Entry to circumvent paying for IAS for it. You could still standby at official park opening time, but then you're competing with all guests.

DisneyDodo

Will Rat and RotR be sitting empty during Early Entry? That would be completely unjustifiable. I have to assume they will start calling BGs during this time, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom