News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

nickys

Premium Member
That is exactly what I was thinking. How many Deluxe Guests are there on any given day? What about the "slow" times of the year? The parks would be a ghost town during this time if it were limited to just Deluxe guests.
There are just under 10K rooms that “qualify”. I would think a higher proportion will go to this than used to go to the traditional EMH, but I don’t know if that’s 20%, 50% or whether I’m way off base on that.

That is exactly what I was thinking. How many Deluxe Guests are there on any given day? What about the "slow" times of the year? The parks would be a ghost town during this time if it were limited to just Deluxe guests.
Maybe they’ll have bigger discounts on deluxe rooms during those times to urge others to upgrade. Especially if additional perks are added… the deluxe resorts may end up being much busier than usual.

Trauma

Maybe they’ll have bigger discounts on deluxe rooms during those times to urge others to upgrade. Especially if additional perks are added… the deluxe resorts may end up being much busier than usual.
Disney doesn’t add perks in the hopes of needing to discount.

They add perks so they can charge more.

It’s a simple thing really once you understand the basics.

Just write “ CHARGE MORE ” on a sticky note, put it on your monitor.

When you wonder “Huh wonder why Disney is doing that” reference your sticky note.

It will come naturally to you after awhile and you can throw the sticky note away.

kong1802

I wonder what the deluxe occupancy rates were? Obviously they took a lot of inventory out for DVC and are still doing that. They need more perks to get people to drop the coin to stay in this category.

doctornick

I am sure some where in the 42 pages this has been asked but I don't have time to read through. Although I wish I did!! So here goes my question how does this affect DVC members in terms of EMH in the evening? Is it only for " cash" guest staying at Deluxe and Villas?

That was my question as well, especially since they did not specifically mention DVC when it easily could have. While I think it is likely that DVC stays are included in this program, I do agree that the release leaves open the possibility that they may not be. If DVC is not included, it wouldn't exactly be the first time that Disney comes back to "clarify" a statement that seemed to apply to more people.

…Just write “ CHARGE MORE ” on a sticky note, put it on your monitor.

When you wonder “Huh wonder why Disney is doing that” reference your sticky note.

It will come naturally to you after awhile and you can throw the sticky note away.
Maybe I can find some Mickey-shaped sticky notes to buy for this! Ahhh now if only Disney would add complimentary Mickey Stickies in the deluxe rooms, that might be the final perk needed to push me into upgrading! 😁

nickys

Premium Member
Obviously they took a lot of inventory out for DVC and are still doing that.
Not sure what you meant by that? Once the resorts reopened, all DVC rooms were available for booking. Although there was plenty of availability for the first 6-9 months, there’s not a lot of availability left now until the end of the year.
Disney can only use what they own plus “breakage”, but there really isn’t much left for them to take now.

Chip Chipperson

To be honest this place has been a used as a distraction for me til I could get back to real parks. Ones that appreciates there pass holders, not plastered with IP and where you don't have to refinance your home to stay at a glorified Hilton.

Now that my home park is open I can get back to riding real rides and you guys can continue talking about over priced Mickey bars.

I have an honest question: It seems that you don't think it's fair to only have the extra evening hours for Deluxe resort guests, but you do think they should adopt Universal’s policy of charging for FP+. Am I right about that? If so, why is it okay to price people out of short lines all day everyvday at every park by charging for FP+, but it's not okay to give Deluxe resort guests a chance for shorter lines at one park on select nights? Especially when the Deluxe resort perk could still theoretically have approximately 30,000 guests in that one park (assuming about 3 guests per room in the nearly 10,000 Deluxe rooms during busy times).

G00fyDad

I have an honest question: It seems that you don't think it's fair to only have the extra evening hours for Deluxe resort guests, but you do think they should adopt Universal’s policy of charging for FP+. Am I right about that? If so, why is it okay to price people out of short lines all day everyvday at every park by charging for FP+, but it's not okay to give Deluxe resort guests a chance for shorter lines at one park on select nights? Especially when the Deluxe resort perk could still theoretically have approximately 30,000 guests in that one park (assuming about 3 guests per room in the nearly 10,000 Deluxe rooms during busy times).

Assuming they all even go to the late evening EMH.

Ayla

To all of you crying this is unfair, how can you turn around and support EMH? Isn’t that segregating the “rich” who can stay at a Disney Resort from the “poor” who don’t? Aren’t you just upset you are now in the “poor” category? This is fundamentally different from complaints about upcharges as that is a nickel and dime system that is just frustrating to me. This is a perk for staying in a more expensive room, and it’s not an extra cost. I’m very happy with this, but I stay at deluxes. Deluxe resorts cost nearly 2x the cost of moderates and 3-4x the cost of values, I think Disney is justified in giving us a bone especially with other perks being taken away.
Ah, so it's ok to take away a perk from the common folk, but not the super speshul deluxe guests.

Parker in NYC

To all of you crying this is unfair, how can you turn around and support EMH? Isn’t that segregating the “rich” who can stay at a Disney Resort from the “poor” who don’t? Aren’t you just upset you are now in the “poor” category? This is fundamentally different from complaints about upcharges as that is a nickel and dime system that is just frustrating to me. This is a perk for staying in a more expensive room, and it’s not an extra cost. I’m very happy with this, but I stay at deluxes. Deluxe resorts cost nearly 2x the cost of moderates and 3-4x the cost of values, I think Disney is justified in giving us a bone especially with other perks being taken away.
No one is upset they're in the poor category. This is exactly the language that irritates the hell out of me. I stay at Deluxes and I still think this is ridiculous (I didn't always). But you know, the diminishing returns continue.

Before someone asks why I go, I'll say that I have no trips planned in the next five years.

sndral

Not sure what you meant by that? Once the resorts reopened, all DVC rooms were available for booking. Although there was plenty of availability for the first 6-9 months, there’s not a lot of availability left now until the end of the year.
Disney can only use what they own plus “breakage”, but there really isn’t much left for them to take now.
I think the PP was referencing DVC’s tendency to ‘convert’ deluxe cash rooms to DVC villas, thereby reducing deluxe cash room inventory. They started w/ the 5th & 6th floors at AKL Jambo being converted to DVC, then several Poly long houses were removed from cash inventory to become DVC villas, then Wilderness Lodge cash rooms were converted to DVC CCV, up next Big Pine Key @ GF will become Villas GF #2.

G00fyDad

Very funny. I've never been there. My parks are Cedar Fair ones.

Awww. God bless your heart.
Sad Pity GIF by Originals

Touchdown

Ah, so it's ok to take away a perk from the common folk, but not the super speshul deluxe guests.
You already lost evening EMH and morning EMH. Early Access was announced months ago, deluxe after hours is a new offering. Therefore the deluxe resorts gained a perk, you’re upset because it wasn’t extended to your preferred resort.

Chip Chipperson

Assuming they all even go to the late evening EMH.

Right, I'm just giving a worst-case scenario that all or most Deluxe rooms are sold and those guests are aware of - and use - the perk. Realistically, there won't be 30,000 guests riding rides during that hour or however long it ends up being, but a crowded night during a busy time of year won't feel like much of a perk compared to the slower nights. But I'm just wondering how someone could be okay with a scenario that penalizes those who can't afford to pay for FP+ while having a problem with an occasional perk for Deluxe guests that might last 1-2 hours a few nights a week. Both scenarios favor those with more disposable income (or less self-control - or both), but only one of the scenarios favors them every day - and for some reason, that's the one the poster seems to be okay with.

kong1802

They took cash rooms and converted them to DVC at Poly.

Aren't they doing the same with Grand Flo?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom