News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

G00fyDad

You're welcome. This attitude that Disney can do no wrong sucks.
Come On Reaction GIF

Stitch826

Haven’t read through all 41 pages of comments here, but this new EMH system is ridiculous. The 30 minutes in the morning is not enough time, not to mention the fact that not everyone is a morning person (especially on vacation). If I go to AK and ride FOP, that one ride will eat up the whole time slot, especially with the preshow.

As for the evening hours for only deluxe guests…I get that Disney wants to make more money filling their most expensive hotels. However, why not take it a step further? Give deluxe guests free evening hours, then charge moderate guests an upcharge of something like $25 per person per day and value guests $35 per person per day. That way Disney resort guests would all still have the opportunity for evening EMH, and Disney would make additional money.

dreday3

Haven’t read through all 41 pages of comments here, but this new EMH system is ridiculous. The 30 minutes in the morning is not enough time, not to mention the fact that not everyone is a morning person (especially on vacation). If I go to AK and ride FOP, that one ride will eat up the whole time slot, especially with the preshow.

As for the evening hours for only deluxe guests…I get that Disney wants to make more money filling their most expensive hotels. However, why not take it a step further? Give deluxe guests free evening hours, then charge moderate guests an upcharge of something like $25 per person per day and value guests $35 per person per day. That way Disney resort guests would all still have the opportunity for evening EMH, and Disney would make additional money.

But then the deluxe guests would still have to mingle with the rest of the rabble! :D

(just kidding lest anyone get offended)

GoofGoof

Premium Member

By limiting it to deluxe you limit the number of people eligible and make it a much better perk for those who get it. They could offer it up for a fee to non-deluxe guests but it would have to be a pretty outrageous price to make it work. If they priced it at $25 it would be too popular and overrun with people. That’s why the Universal Express Pass works well.

Jrb1979

Arent you the one who was proposing Disney adopt Universal’s Free Express Pass system for Deluxe guests?
No I believe I have said it needs to be more limited. I said to adopt Universals system but not necessarily give it to certain hotels.

As far as this goes, what was once offered to all resort guests is now for this willing to spend money. All cause people don't want to pay for over priced hotel rooms.

Jeff4272

Or because we have been in a 10 year economic boom and attendance has been up every year until Covid hit
In 2012 they had 48mm guests in WDW In 2018 they had 58mm. Numbers keep going up every year but I’m not sure if the attractions to absorb the crowds have gone up at the same rate (over 20% in 6 years) despite hotel capacity increasing with the larger crowds

SteamboatJoe

If you're trying to be responsible with your money don't stay at a frickin Disney Resort! C'mon.

There used to be more value in staying on property, at least in my eyes. Plus, we all assign our own values to the things that don't really have price tags on them....convenience, theme, offerings, etc. Those are worth something different to each of us. Also, I save up for every aspect of my trip over the course of a year or two and pay it in cash. The price increases and service reductions make it harder to stomach the little everyday sacrifices we make to execute the savings plan for the trip we want.

SteamboatJoe

I hope they release EMH to all guests. This is bumming me out, because room rates have doubled in price in recent years. The rack rates have steadily increased + parking fees + reduction in discounts & group rates. A few years ago we stayed at Polynesian and Beach Club for under $300 / night including tax and it was the last year of free parking. That was the most I've ever spent. Now I can only imagine what it is. Probably $400 before taxes. Not even going to look I'm so bummed out.

Apparently, people like us should accept that we aren't wealthy or worthy enough to go on as many Disney trips as others or even stay on property. How dare we want to share in the magic?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
It has. But to be fair, all resorts have had a sizable increase in price for no good reason.
In 2019 and 2020 the 3 Skyliner resorts increased at approximately double the rate of the other resorts. The increases were something like 10% and then 8%. I did the math at the time, although on my work computer from my old job, so it’s gone, and Mousesavers doesn’t have back data, just the current year.

But, didn't you know? It's a business! That's the only excuse they apparently need.
Well… yeah it is. No one is entitled to go to a Disney park. It is not a common good, like say a National Park or even worse our air and water. Disney can do whatever they want with them. Now, don’t get me wrong there is a lot I don’t agree with that they are doing, but I don’t get offended by it or even mad. I might get disappointed as to what could have been, but I still have the choice whether or not to go, so does everyone else. When I think the cost of going on a trip outweighs the value, I’ll stop. The righteous indignation and entitlement around here is sometimes… everyone is turning into their own version of Katiebug

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom