News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Jeff4272

I wonder if this is a pre cursor to paid FP system........Seems to me that Disney is setting guests up for no free FP any more and saying that Deluxe Resort guests will get the benefit of riding with low wait times during the evening EMH and all resort guests will get to ride in the morning EMH but all guests will have to pay for FP during the day

Last edited:
Unbelievably the Disney company that champions equity gives more to those already privileged. These "perks" should be distributed equally to all not just those holding institutional wealth.

You can only afford to spend 5K on your 4 day vacation and must stay at Pop? Get out you slob!
This is just bonkers. In every walk of life if you pay more for something, you tend to get more. That’s how it works. The cries of equity and fairness do not hold water in this situation. The people that stay in the deluxe hotels are paying more. Disney has decided to give them more for their money. Which is what people have been clamoring about on these boards forever. Now, I would agree with these equity and fairness arguments if Disney was shutting the parks early and kicking everyone out, so as to reduce the time others got in the parks. That does not seem to be the case here. Disney doesn’t owe anyone anything. It gets ridiculous around here. Everything is negative. Disney is far from perfect but not everything they do is bad and out to screw you. And if you think it isn’t fair don’t go. There are many other lovely places in the world to explore.

Edit: I know this used to be a perk pre covid. But I see this as more of a perk now because of the greatly reduced number of people who will be in the parks.

ImperfectPixie

This is just bonkers. In every walk of life if you pay more for something, you tend to get more. That’s how it works. The cries of equity and fairness do not hold water in this situation. The people that stay in the deluxe hotels are paying more. Disney has decided to give them more for their money. Which is what people have been clamoring about on these boards forever. Now, I would agree with these equity and fairness arguments if Disney was shutting the parks early and kicking everyone out, so as to reduce the time others got in the parks. That does not seem to be the case here. Disney doesn’t owe anyone anything. It gets ridiculous around here. Everything is negative. Disney is far from perfect but not everything they do is bad and out to screw you. And if you think it isn’t fair don’t go. There are many other lovely places in the world to explore.

Edit: I know this used to be a perk pre covid. But I see this as more of a perk now because of the greatly reduced number of people who will be in the parks.
Actually, you're wrong.

Disney is actively removing things that were previously included with the purchase of a ticket...thus reducing the quality of the product.

Just because they've decided to make those removals an additional charge does not negate the sentence above.

Actually, you're wrong.

Disney is actively removing things that were previously included with the purchase of a ticket...thus reducing the quality of the product.

Just because they've decided to make those removals an additional charge does not negate the sentence above.
What did they remove from your ticket in relation to extra time at night???

Pre-Covid they included magic hours if staying at any Disney resort, sometimes they would extend them 3 to 4 hours more on select nights.
Right. But that was because you were staying at an on-site Disney hotel. It was a perk of staying on site. It had 0 to do with your ticket. Disney has decided that this perk will now only be available to deluxe guests. It does not effect your ticket at all. Now you want to say Disney has lowered the value of staying at a moderate or value resort, then I would agree with you. But again, you don’t have to stay there and you still get to experience the park for the full time.

ImperfectPixie

Right. But that was because you were staying at an on-site Disney hotel. It was a perk of staying on site. It had 0 to do with your ticket. Disney has decided that this perk will now only be available to deluxe guests. It does not effect your ticket at all. Now you want to say Disney has lowered the value of staying at a moderate or value resort, then I would agree with you. But again, you don’t have to stay there and you still get to experience the park for the full time.
No, we don't. They've been reducing operating hours for years.

Waters Back Side

I've never stayed at a Deluxe Resort. Only Moderates (and have limited options as a family of 5) and I'll even agree this is a good change. Pay for a deluxe resort stay...get this extra extended evening hours perk. We usually do not wake up early, but the fact we can walk into any park we have reservations for every AM early we will wake up early once or twice...my hope is during peak times or even down the road as a permanent change they increase it to 1 hour early. That would make it appealing along with every park every day. 30 minutes is not a lot of time. Also curious what attractions will be open early.

Last edited:

Jeff4272

Pre-Covid they included magic hours if staying at any Disney resort, sometimes they would extend them 3 to 4 hours more on select nights.
EMH were for all resort guests....now evening hours are for deluxe only guests and morning are only 30 minutes........Curious to see if this affects occupancy rates and hotel bookings........

What is the perk to staying in a moderate or value resort? You lost ME, free Magic Bands, the transportation is mostly busses, advanced 60 day FP booking (likely gone with new paid FP), EMH, no evening EMH......so now you get 30 mins in the morning? Big %$^@#ing deal...............Most people wont use the 30 morning minutes and those that do, the benefit is so minimal its not worth it.........

With this move, Disney somehow managed to alienate 75% of their resort guests (value and moderate guests) AND AP holders (now cant get in for rope drop or stay late)

Good job alienating 90% of your guests

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

EMH were for all resort guests....now evening hours are for deluxe only guests and morning are only 30 minutes........Curious to see if this affects occupancy rates and hotel bookings........What is the perk to staying in a moderate or value resort? You lost ME, free Magic Bands, the transportation is mostly busses, advanced 60 day FP booking (likely gone with new paid FP), EMH, no evening EMH......so now you get 30 mins in the morning? Big %^$^@#ing deal...............Most people wont use the 30 morning minutes and those that do, the benefit is so minimal its not worth it.........

With this move, Disney somehow managed to alienate 75% of their resort guests (value and moderate guests) AND AP holders (now cant get in for rope drop or stay late)

Good job alienating 90% of your guests

The issue I see is that Epcot hours are still 2 hours short of the normal 9 to 9 on typical days. So essentially, if they maintain the current schedule, we are in fact getting less value out of our ticket. Same with MK who used to have much longer normal hours for all guests.

The issue I see is that Epcot hours are still 2 hours short of the normal 9 to 9 on typical days. So essentially, if they maintain the current schedule, we are in fact getting less value out of our ticket. Same with MK who used to have much longer normal hours for all guests.
Here are the hours from July 1st from 2006-2019. While there is a drop in the last 2 years, I would hardly call that a trend if reducing operating hours for years. And I agree with the Epcot hours issue but I would have to think that has more to to with pandemic disruptions then the new normal.

Attachments

• 7C4D97B9-162A-4B3F-8A55-EDC69034FD59.jpeg
    7C4D97B9-162A-4B3F-8A55-EDC69034FD59.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 70
Actually, you're wrong.

Sure. But that’s not what equity means. It’s about providing resources tailored to people’s needs so everyone has an equal chance to succeed.

Equity gives everyone the chance to afford a deluxe resort experience. If I pay for a Lamborghini should I get the same experience as someone in a Kia?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Here are the hours from July 1st from 2006-2019. While there is a drop in the last 2 years, I would hardly call that a trend if reducing operating hours for years. And I agree with the Epcot hours issue but I would have to think that has more to to with pandemic disruptions then the new normal.
Thanks for posting however you're missing the daily schedules varied from day to day. Also what about Epcot?

Some night's would go to 1AM, some morning's open at 8AM on other days, etc. Hours were static everyday in other words.
These are historical park hours on Touring Plan website for the date July 1st from 2006-2019. Of course some nights stay open later then others throughout the course of the year. But it is better to compare the hours on the same day through time. Comparing July 1st to July 4th for instance would show a big difference but would make no sense. These are the times the parks opened and closed. Are you saying the parks operated on different hours then their posted hours? Maybe I’m being dense.

ImperfectPixie

I'm personally not even talking about EMH. I'm talking about regular park operating hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom