News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Disney Analyst

That would make sense if they're staggering closures. Get Encanto up and running, then close Dinosaur.

That would mean Encanto is first up. And we will know that well before you make your trip plans.

I believe they said it will be opening together, so while I think they'll stagger the closure of Dinosaur, I would expect that entire area to be closed at some point, and then all reopens in 2027ish.

ETA: my thoughts:

Screen Shot 2024-08-27 at 12.06.26 PM.png

Last edited:

Purduevian

That would make sense if they're staggering closures. Get Encanto up and running, then close Dinosaur.

That would mean Encanto is first up. And we will know that well before you make your trip plans.
Splash to Tiana took 522 days. I expect Dino to Indy to take a similar amount of time.

For Dino to open on December 31st, 2027 (to meet the promise of the whole land being open in 2027) it would have to close on July 27th, 2026.

I can't see Encanto opening in 23 months even if they start building today, but maybe I am wrong.

I think more likely is Zootopia and Dino are both open for Christmas/ new years 2025, then Dino goes down.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here’s an updated look at Extended Evening Hours date and park locations as they begin to shift:

Monday, September 23 - EPCOT
Wednesday, September 25 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Monday, September 30 - EPCOT
Wednesday, October 2 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Monday, October 7 - EPCOT
Friday, October 11 - Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Monday, October 14 - EPCOT
Wednesday, October 16 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Monday, Oct. 21 - Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Wednesday, Oct. 23 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Monday, Oct. 28 - EPCOT
Wednesday, Oct. 30 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Monday, Nov. 4 - EPCOT
Wednesday, November 6 - Disney’s Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

There’s no way they open Encanto before Dino closes AND finish this all in 2027. I’ve always been told there will be overlap in their construction but that Dino stays open well into 2025. The entire land would be closed in 2026. I believe they want to close ITtbaB and open it as Zootopia right as Dino closes. Better than nothing?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There’s no way they open Encanto before Dino closes AND finish this all in 2027. I’ve always been told there will be overlap in their construction but that Dino stays open well into 2025. The entire land would be closed in 2026. I believe they want to close ITtbaB and open it as Zootopia right as Dino closes. Better than nothing?
DHS was down to 3 rides in it's redevelopment.

So, when you say "there's no way...."

i-dont-believe-you-ron-burgundy.gif

ToTBellHop

DHS was down to 3 rides in it's redevelopment.

So, when you say "there's no way...."

View attachment 812171
I said there’s no way for them to build Encanto before Dino has to close because…time is a thing. There’s no reality where they get a completely new ride built and open in 18 months. So there will indeed be a window when DAK has 5 rides. Let’s hope nothing needs a refurbishment in 2026!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom