Early risers

dvcnut39

We'll be staying at The Boardwalk Villas from 21-29JUL. Just wondering how you early risers attack the parks in the early morning to make the most of your day?

Cas206

Reply to "Early Risers"

Because you and your party are staying at a WDW resort, you are eligible to take part in Disney's Extra Magic Hours. Both the Walt Disney World Resort and the WDWMagic site has listings about which parks open early and stay open late during your stay.

If you and your party are thrill seekers, take the morning Extra Magic Hours time to ride your favorite thrill rides. Most often you can walk right onto a ride when the park opens. Then after riding, you can get a Disney FASTPASS for later that morning and ride it again. (Note: This is usually a good idea because FASTPASSes for popular attractions are usually gone by mid-day.)

If you have little ones along, take this time to ride some of their favorites, too. Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom is great place to take advantage of morning Extra Magic Hours. Rides like Peter Pan's Flight and Snow White's Adventures can sometimes have up to a 50 minute wait (for a 2 minute ride)!

On other mornings (when the parks don't open early), possibly take in a Character Breakfast. Some of my favorites for kids is Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort and the Princess Breakfast at Akershus at EPCOT.

Hope this gives you some good ideas on how to maximize your mornings! Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

3fordisney

We get up and try to be at the parks at opening. We go straight for the most popular rides and get fast passes and ride the ride itself. We were able to get a lot done in the first hour. We rode some rides as many as 3 times before the crowds got heavier. We were resort guest, but didn't do the early magic hours. We found those parks to be busiers and went to the other parks instead. We got a lot done by getting there early.

Wow my 200th post!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

smayco

We get up and try to be at the parks at opening. We go straight for the most popular rides and get fast passes and ride the ride itself. We were able to get a lot done in the first hour. We rode some rides as many as 3 times before the crowds got heavier.

I can second all of this. We also got up early every day, and made sure we were at the park by the opening (whether or not it was an EMH day). We were always able to get on the most popular rides with little to no wait. ;)

~Sue

Upvote 0

justducky78

We're usually up by 7ish, breakfast at 8 and in the parks by 9am. We always stay on-site and usually break our trip up into two parts (5 days MK resort, 5 days Epcot/MGM resort) so it makes it easier on us to get to the parks in the mornings. We sometimes take advantage of EMH in the mornings.

The best use of EMH (IMHO) is at the waterparks in the morning -- there is NO ONE there for at least an hour or two and you can get great parking upfront and enjoy the slides, lazy river without any lines or annoying people splashing you!! We spend all morning in the parks and then go back to the hotel in the afternoons to read, nap, swim, shop.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
When I went on my honeymoon, I was working nights and use to getting up at noon at the earliest.

I was amazed, as were my friends later, that we were actually up at 5:00 every morning getting ready to go. Of course they were even more amazed that we in bed asleep by 10:00 - 11:00pm (as 10:00pm was the normal time I went to work.)

It was kinda weird going to bed when it was dark, but knowing that the next day would bring new thrills was worth it.

Of course this didn't work out on the night we went to PI ! :dazzle:

You really have to forget your regular routine and remember that the early bird get the worm .

Upvote 0

gunsnroses

We always try to be at the parks 30 min. before they open. This is also a good time to take a few pictures while the group is together. I also love to get up in the morning & jog around the resort, it's usually nice & peaceful & not crowded!

Upvote 0

RedSoxPirate

Also, by getting to the parks before opening, you will get the opportunity to participate in the morning rope-drop ceremonies. MK has a pretty spectacular park opening ceremony and I try to make sure my group gets up early at least one day to do it. Just another little bit of Disney magic!

Upvote 0

Hummer1676

When i get there i always feel like the adults in the disney commercial. "I'm to excited to sleep." I always get up at around 7 am. I have wake everyone up so that we can get going. Mornings are the best time at the parks. It truely feels like you have the whole park to yourself.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I am usually a late riser and don't get to the parks till about 11, but this next trip will be in June and I'd like to try being an early riser and knocking off most of the crowded rides before it's hot and the crowds arrive.

I know that evening extra magic hours tend to be crowded. Is it the same with morning extra magic hours? I'd like to get to Magic Kingdom at 7:30 one morning and finish up all of Fantasyland and Toontown by 11:00. I'm hoping it works out like I plan.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom