Early Morning or Late Nights?

Dads 2 Boys

Early emh is definitely our choice! Definitely MUCH less crowded that late emh. I've converted my wife to the early ones too. Her family always would skip the morning hours and arrive @ 10ish and go about their business. When we went last yr with my kids, we had early hours for Epcot one day and she loved that no one was there. Last October, we did TT 2x, MS, SSE and Soarin 2xby 10:15...and did not rush at all.

Now planning for next October, she said, "we go to the parks with the early EMH...got it?". LOL

JIMINYCR

WE do BOTH. I try to fit in as much time as I possibly can. Up early, to bed late. After all I figure we probably wont be back for another year so I cram every valuable second into the parks and resorts. Yes, I am exhausted by the time I get home but thats the price I'm willing to pay for my entertainment at Disney. I do sleep on the plane all the way home though.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I love both and we often partake of both early into our trip. That being said, my travel mates (beautiful bride of 15 years and our 2 kids) become less and less of morning people as the days go on. I find it is much easier for everyone to let them set the pace. I get up, grab breakfast for everybody , check the weather, verify ADR's, etc while they rest a bit longer. Then I can keep them up for those later hours. MK rope drop is a must see but to be honest the rest don't offer a whole lot as far as show for opening. We stay long enough and are trying to go enough that I don't feel inclined to do some soft of forced march through the parks at breakneck speed day in and day out. Stop and smell the roses and pick up on all the small pieces of magic around every corner.

Epcot-Rules

Night owls here! We are thrilled when MK is open until 1, 2 or 3 am! That is the BEST :D

This is the way we do it, We will swim at the resort and rest until 10:00 p.m. We then go to MK and ride everything until they kick us out. We did this in July and walked on SM 3X in a row. All the small children and strollers have left the park.

bdearl41

I am a fan of the late nights for two reasons: 1) You ususally get more hours and 2) most of the kids are gone, which means the lines move much more quickly. I also just enjoy the parks at night, the lights and the atmosphere are great!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I am a fan of the late nights for two reasons: 1) You ususally get more hours and 2) most of the kids are gone, which means the lines move much more quickly. I also just enjoy the parks at night, the lights and the atmosphere are great!
Mmmm.I take it your kids free?

jonesenon4

my family and i prefer late nights over early morning.like others have said you get more time but to us the atmosphere at night is much better.there is nothing like being the last riders on potc or hm which we have done several times.also walking down mainstreet almost alone to the exit and looking back at the castle with the glow of the lights is truly magical.next trip 59 days and counting.

ThankstoMOM

We usually do some mornings,but EMH always wins with us. Theres nothing like evenings in the parks. My absolute,hands down, FAVORITE thing in the world is walking around the Magic Kingdom at night. Can't forget riding TOT at night, always a good time. Something about the night air, All the lighting. It makes me a very happy man.

luv

I prefer the morning ones, especially in the summertime. In summer, I'm so tired and hot...plus they're more crowded. Morning isn't necessary cool, lol, but I'm better equipped to deal with heat when I'm well rested. And I'm going to leave the parks around 1:00, anyway, so hopping isn't an issue.

Honestly, though, ever since they switched to having fewer mornings (when they added the night ones), I haven't considered EMH the big perk I once did. I mostly just avoided them.

bethymouse

We like early. We don't park hop, so we get up around 6, get some coffee and a danish, then hop on the bus.:) There are very few crowds in the morning. We've ridden our favorite rides several times w/ no wait in the morning before it gets too crowded around noon. We leave to go eat dinner at our resort, relax at the pool, and sometimes go back at night for WISHES or ILLUMINATIONS.
We tried late EMH at DHS, and it was a disaster! The lines were WORSE than during the day!:eek: I do like the atmosphere of the nighttime. When the hours are until 1-3am I'd like to try that, but my little ones poop out around 10pm.:D

Britt

MORNING for sure! The parks are almost empty, it hasn't gotten too hot, the fast passes aren't all gone and Im fresher and more cheerful in the morning.

If you catch me at night, after all day/afternoon in the heat, crowds and parks, you're likely to get the stinkeye if you bump into me. LOL

I really love to relax and chill at night there to. Just sit at a table or on the sidewalk waiting for fireworks and chatting with other guests. But I better be "home" by 11.LOL

EvilQueen-T

we aren't naturally morning people so we love the night emh BUT we don't waste what we call mickey minutes so we end up doing both going rope drop to the very end no matter if emh is am or pm. even my granddaughter, now 8, has been doing the same since she was 3...total rock star!

acishere

I go for early opening just to experience that moment of being one of the first few people in line. Its much less crowded too.

I am a night owl who cannot properly function until I have splashed enough water on my face and drank enough coffee, but early mornings at the park before the humidity gets even worse are much more enjoyable. Late night I prefer to be inside and sitting, not still running around the parks.

tink729

I used to be more of a late night person, but now I find that I really enjoy getting to the park with EMH in the morning right at rope drop. Occasionally I'll make it straight through the entire day to the end of evening EMH, but it depends on how I'm feeling/how much I've done. So I suppose for now I'm an early morning person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom