Early Dinner for Fantasmic Dinner Package?

Dizz42

Hello, All! I am brand new to these boards and just wanted to ask has anyone else recently tried to make reservations for Fantasmic Dinner Package and been given a super early dinner time? I was told that the only seating available was between 4 and 4:30 for most dates during our week in October at all three restaurants. As a matter of fact, Hollywood Brown Derby was only seating between 3 and 3:30! Fantasmic isn't until 8 P.M. and 4:30 is just too early for us to have dinner. Has the FDP policy changed? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks much!

Dizz42

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Try again

That surprises me a bit, especially for October. You're not looking for Columbus weekend, are you?

In any case, I would suggest you try to call again later, seats do open up. Also if you are unable to get something in advance, have your hotel concierge try for you. Good luck.

Upvote 0

GenerationX

Something similar happened to me, too. When I called 90 days before our visit, I was told only 4:00 and 4:30 slots were available. Since I was calling on the earliest day possible, I asked why there weren't any openings later. I was told that once the park hours were set, more time slots would become available.

So, when the park hours were published, I called back. Still no more openings. I tried again two weeks later, and suddenly there were 6:00 and 6:30 times available. Apparently, each restaurant manager must manually open up time slots after they learn the park hours.

And if you end up at Mama Melrose's, get the Linguine Fra Diablo. It's delicious! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Sharon L

When I recently made my Fantasmic Dinner reservation for November, I got a time of 4:10 pm. I believe the park will close around 7:00 pm while we are there, so I think they give you the early seating so you have enough time to eat but can still get to the theater 1/2 hour before the show starts without rushing. Only a guess.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

About the latest you can even get will be about 1.5 hrs. before Fantasmic. So even for an 8 pm show, then you aren't looking at any later than 6:30.

Upvote 0

MickeyKimmy

It might just be a busy time when you are going. We called last week for a Fantasmic Dinner Package for the middle of September and got a 5:30 seating at Mama Melrose - but the CM also told me that Fantasmic would not be until 8:00. I know the show was earlier than that when I was there in October of last year.

Upvote 0

scorp111

I too have a 4:30 seating for 8:00 show...but It means we can take our time eating.....

Exactly 25 days until I should be finishing my meal .....

Upvote 0

Dizz42

Original Poster
Thanks, Everyone, for your info. Since it's just husband and me, we usually allow about an hour and a half to eat. Never had this problem before. It is the week before the Columbus Day holiday as ClemsonTigger and MickeyKimmy says it could be busy. But based on other posters here, I'm thinking it's something new they're trying. Hey, GenX, I'll try the Linguine Fra Diablo if I can get a PS at Mama Melrose's for 6 or 6:30! Sounds great! But what I'd really like tho' is Hollywood & Vine for the Root Beer Sweet Potatos! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom