Earful Tower Redone

coasterphil

Original Poster
I was driving past the park a short while ago and they are currently changing the Earful Tower for the name change. It looked like they had completed one side and were moving to the other as I passed. If I had my camera I would've gone to the park to get pictures, but I didn't so I decided to keep driving and give a heads up here for anyone who might be going in the next few days to take a pic of it.

SewIn2Disney

Is it my imagination, or did they used to turn the earful tower into a santa hat years ago? I can't seem to find any pictures. And I thought I'd seen it with a sorcerer hat too.....maybe I'm just making things up.
Anyway---thanks for the update!

Captain Hank

Is it my imagination, or did they used to turn the earful tower into a santa hat years ago? I can't seem to find any pictures. And I thought I'd seen it with a sorcerer hat too.....maybe I'm just making things up.
It's definitely had a santa hat--I remember seeing it wearing one in the early 90s. Not sure about the Sorcerer hat though.

Horizons1

Nope, it happened. I think $$ is what stopped them from doing it. Didn't really pull people into the park, so there was no need to continue spending the money to put the darn thing on. Pity...

No sorcerer hat though.

xmas_ears.jpeg

coasterphil

Original Poster
I was at MGM tonight and the Earful tower still says Disney MGM Studios on both sides!
Are you sure? If so my eyes must have been playing terrible tricks on me. There were definitely guys up there working on it when I passed, I know that for sure. And I swear I saw the new logo's font and Mickey image on the side facing the Swan/Dolphin.

coasterphil

Original Poster
I heading over there tomorrow, because I'm 99% sure I saw the new Mickey inside the "O" of the new "Studios" on one side of the tower.

darthjohnny

Yeah they did the Santa hat for years.

I don't remember a sorcerer's hat exactly, but they did decorate it for the opening of Fantasmic.

Spyne

Well, the name change on the Earful Tower had to come sooner or later, I'm excited to see how it looks if it did indeed happen all ready.

About the Sorcerer Hat decorating for the Earful Tower, does this old park map answer your question? :)

wdw_dis_studios.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom