Earfell Tower to be removed

Sped2424

Remember that time they announced two new lands at once?
That's fine and dandy the point you seem to be skipping is that many of these closed things are not dealing with just these two lands. We still don't know how star wars is fitting, we don't know what areas of dhs are to be updated and changed, we don't know how they are trying to streamline the park into one cohesive park, we still don't even have a new name. All I am saying is they are closing things for the future yes, but a good 50 percent of that future is shrouded in absolute mystery. For example DCA was given a clear plan of what was going and coming throughout the years as things closed. I have heard my same frustration from several of the managers over at DHS, they keep being told that much of the park is set for change but not told how, when, or what. I just think it's time a proper announcement is made displaying what this transformation is going to be.

ToTBellHop

That's fine and dandy the point you seem to be skipping is that many of these closed things are not dealing with just these two lands. We still don't know how star wars is fitting, we don't know what areas of dhs are to be updated and changed, we don't know how they are trying to streamline the park into one cohesive park, we still don't even have a new name. All I am saying is they are closing things for the future yes, but a good 50 percent of that future is shrouded in absolute mystery. For example DCA was given a clear plan of what was going and coming throughout the years as things closed. I have heard my same frustration from several of the managers over at DHS, they keep being told that much of the park is set for change but not told how, when, or what. I just think it's time a proper announcement is made displaying what this transformation is going to be.
Just because we don't know doesn't mean they don't. how much info do we really need or deserve this far out? They are redoing the park and anything removed will be replaced with something new.

Next Big Thing

Just because we don't know doesn't mean they don't. how much info do we really need or deserve this far out? They are redoing the park and anything removed will be replaced with something new.
We're actually going to be getting far more park in the end because of how much land LMA and BLT took up. As far as capacity goes - just room for walking - it will be an actual increase/expansion, and that's without expanding the borders in that area of the park.

There's lots of other land in DHS that's like that too - Animation Courtyard, Idol/SD - that if the space is used properly, the capacity will be massively increased without actually expanding anything. DHS does a great job at wasting space.

DManRightHere

My experience is just the opposite. I have hardly ever seen a big line up at the ticket booths, especially for DHS, but, even for MK. Even if it there were lines, that doesn't mean that the people are buying just one day tickets. I know that when I had to change my 10 paper ticket to the new one, I had to do it at the ticket booth and the wait was less then two minutes.

Oh ok, I can't say much for HS now, but it always seemed like pretty good lines at all of the parks ticket booths in the mornings.

I've still always thought of it as a misconception that single day ticket guests make up a miniscule amount in the parls. For one, the amount of actual Disney resort guests is likely a small percentage in the park each day. Secondly, even though multi day tickets makes perfect sense to us, many people will still see a 1 or 2 day ticket as cheaper than a 4 day ticket.

I wish I had numbers/proof to back it up, bit have not found any.

Next Big Thing

Oh ok, I can't say much for HS now, but it always seemed like pretty good lines at all of the parks ticket booths in the mornings.

I've still always thought of it as a misconception that single day ticket guests make up a miniscule amount in the parls. For one, the amount of actual Disney resort guests is likely a small percentage in the park each day. Secondly, even though multi day tickets makes perfect sense to us, many people will still see a 1 or 2 day ticket as cheaper than a 4 day ticket.

I wish I had numbers/proof to back it up, bit have not found any.
You are correct that it is a HUGE misconception within the fan community that a small-percentage of ticket sales are 1-day tickets. There is numbers and data to back it up, but since the numbers are confidential, I think i'll hold back on releasing anything so Disney doesn't come at me.

Most 1-day tickets are from Business travelers & Florida Residents (a big reason why they don't like to encourage AP Sales).

disney4life2008

I was at Hollywood studios last night. And ironically i overhead several families mention it was the best park they went to. Perhaps because they all were in star wars fever lol. I just dont see it. I saw a show and was ready to go. I did do a survey on the way out and it was about star wars and entertainment

Next Big Thing

I was at Hollywood studios last night. And ironically i overhead several families mention it was the best park they went to. Perhaps because they all were in star wars fever lol. I just dont see it. I saw a show and was ready to go. I did do a survey on the way out and it was about star wars and entertainment
I can see how people could see that if they don't spend too long there. As has been mentioned, the park still has 5 D/E ticket attractions, a lot of stage shows. Add in Launch Bay and the Fireworks (which are really good) and it can be a fun day still.

Also, last night was the first night of "Club Villain", so there's an off chance you may have caught someone who was on their was out from that :p

captainmoch

Personally, Studios is my 2nd-3rd favorite WDW park. Yes, it's in an awful state with a lot closed, 30-year-old entertainment, and thematic messes, but I fully enjoy and do the main five rides every time we go, and hit at least 1-2 of the major shows, that while dated, are still fun. Compared to Epcot, where I do my Test Track/Soarin' fastpass, Spaceship Earth, maybe Mission Space, then get bored.

That said, it's still in major need of an overhaul. While 5 D/E-tickets that I enjoy is a good number, MK has nearly 10, plus a bunch of B/C-tickets on the side. And most of the areas besides Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard aren't that cohesively themed. Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land, Phase 3, and some of the smaller updates throughout the park will definately solidify this park as my second favorite one in WDW, if not tied with MK for first.

Cmdr_Crimson

I've said it before and I'll just toss this out there. Disney Springs concept art shows a water tower. Remove the ears and there you go.
View attachment 126513

Well, I guess the HoB will have a friend...Maybe?
GetImage.ashx

disney4life2008

I can see how people could see that if they don't spend too long there. As has been mentioned, the park still has 5 D/E ticket attractions, a lot of stage shows. Add in Launch Bay and the Fireworks (which are really good) and it can be a fun day still.

Also, last night was the first night of "Club Villain", so there's an off chance you may have caught someone who was on their was out from that :p

Ohhh what is club villain? I got out of there after the star wars fireworks.

WhatJaneSays

I disagree. Just think of how many people are at ticket booths in the mornings.
Yes the lines can be impressive some times of a year but the vast majority of people are not buying one day one park tickets for entry into DHS. One day park hoppers, multi-day one park tickets, and multi-day park hoppers are nearly all of the ticket sales.

Imagineerwannabe

Wasn't there a water tower included in all of the concept art and models for Disney springs located in front of the new town center area?
Wouldn't this make sense if they are going to recover it from here that it could be positioned at springs now the transformation is progressing with its latter stages?

I've said it before and I'll just toss this out there. Disney Springs concept art shows a water tower. Remove the ears and there you go.
View attachment 126513

I also said the same but nobody noticed ;-)
I noticed a while back that we have yet to see anything materialising in the form of a water tower at DS.
Was beginning to wonder if the had scrapped the idea, guess will wait and see.

I thought they were taking a leaf out of comcasts book and avoiding giving too much away.
With how underwhelmed some guests were with the NFL expansion when they were prepared for every attraction, perhaps it's to build some excitement and generate some interest and armchair imagineering.

Rescue Ranger

Very sad to hear this...I loved it :in pain:
I'm sure it still could have been used somewhere. Plus it's not like they are ditching the whole theming of the studios. Oh well...!

Pam Hates Penguins

I disagree. They are ditching the theme of "How Movies are Made", and going with "Money Makers".

Well the whole goal is to have an environment that puts you in the movies, instead of a behind the scenes environment. I am fine with Toy Story Land, but Star Wars Land is going to have a short lived interest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom