Earfell Tower to be removed

rioriz

We know how Disney like to re-purpose buildings...Since they obviously moved things around since the first artist rendering, they could have easily changed plans again and using the building as part of the land somehow

roj2323

We know how Disney like to re-purpose buildings...Since they obviously moved things around since the first artist rendering, they could have easily changed plans again and using the building as part of the land somehow

Having been inside the building I highly doubt it. It's set up like a 1950's army base office. They could repurpose it but it would be cheaper to bulldoze it and start over realistically.

deere839

Well, I was bored so i decided to show what part of the areas has been cleared, from seeing these tower picture intact with the land clearing, this is what im assuming is already done, while the other half on the left is basically the pavement the stuntshow used to practice on

while the other stage in the back is in intact, i guess theyll be removed at a later date.
The section where the Tram went in the building and all the way to the exit is still there i tried to look through cracks through the wall it looked like they were still emptying the building out

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Could the permit be related to the removal of costuming equipment? Also wonder if there was cast restrooms that they are making guest restrooms but still tearing the bldg around them down...

I wouldn't think it was just removal of something, it really sounds like at least part of the building is being kept. The concept art does show a small building in that area.

cheezbat

With the hat and earful gone, I guess the new "wenie" is TOT. Gonna be hard getting used to that.
I still find this stupid too. Just because its the tallest thing shouldnt make it the icon. if thats the case then Space Mountain could be Magic Kingdoms icon. Everest could be Animal Kingdoms. Matterhorn should be Disneylands. Why on earth hasn't Disney used the Chinese Theater as the weenie? It's right there...smack dab in the middle of the park when you walk in. It's large, beautiful, and iconic. The imagineers didn't build the park this way for nothing.

Gosh Disney is so stupid sometimes!

Brian Swan

I still find this stupid too. Just because its the tallest thing shouldnt make it the icon. if thats the case then Space Mountain could be Magic Kingdoms icon. Everest could be Animal Kingdoms. Matterhorn should be Disneylands. Why on earth hasn't Disney used the Chinese Theater as the weenie? It's right there...smack dab in the middle of the park when you walk in. It's large, beautiful, and iconic. The imagineers didn't build the park this way for nothing.

Gosh Disney is so stupid sometimes!
The Chinese Theater always was the "weenie" that pulled you into the park and served as the visual centerpiece as you entered. The Earfell became the symbol because of it's height it was more visible - especially outside of the park. But the fact that you could never actually walk up to it made it distant from the park and not a central draw. I always wished that there had been a walkway to it, with a "plaza" of some sort around/under it; it would have felt much more a "part of the park" then.

Goofyernmost

The Chinese Theater always was the "weenie" that pulled you into the park and served as the visual centerpiece as you entered. The Earfell became the symbol because of it's height it was more visible - especially outside of the park. But the fact that you could never actually walk up to it made it distant from the park and not a central draw. I always wished that there had been a walkway to it, with a "plaza" of some sort around/under it; it would have felt much more a "part of the park" then.
I don't believe initially, the theater was ever considered the weenie. Since day one all I ever saw was the tower. Toward the end of it's life many, including Disney did try and make the Hat an Icon, but, it really was never more then a pin trading store after its first year. If anything would have qualified as a weenie it would have been ToT. However, that said, apparently since it is no longer any resemblance to a movie studio its need no longer was necessary. With it's mixed bag of IP's and other attractions, the tower or the hat would have had no significance at all other then nostalgia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom