E.T

Dog Ate Mouse

Original Poster
I still remember the wife and I's first visit to Universal, We always loved E.T the movie and when we walked in the ride walking through the forest I was just taken back in awe. Then to finally get on the ride and we were in the front of the bicycle was mind blowing. We felt so special because of that and was truly blown away by such a simple but extremely well themed and thought out ride. To me E.T is just one of the classic Uni rides I hope will be preserved and never go away. The memories riding it are priceless.

danpam1024

I totally agree. I remember when the line filled the queue OUTSIDE. The BONUS was waiting in the queue inside- in the AC. We go to Uni several times a year and I ride it at least 2x. I really feel it's days are in fact numbered. The movie does not appeal to this generation. It was groundbreaking and innovative when it came out-30 years ago. Now it's to my son what King Kong and Godzilla were to me as a child; though they are great movies, they seem archaic and silly. I always hoped Spielberg would make a prequil on the green planet. Perhaps that would have "cemented" ET in the park. So I'm just going to enjoy it while it's here:joyfull:

Olijimcha

I still remember the wife and I's first visit to Universal, We always loved E.T the movie and when we walked in the ride walking through the forest I was just taken back in awe. Then to finally get on the ride and we were in the front of the bicycle was mind blowing. We felt so special because of that and was truly blown away by such a simple but extremely well themed and thought out ride. To me E.T is just one of the classic Uni rides I hope will be preserved and never go away. The memories riding it are priceless.

Agree with all you've said, on my first visit in the early 90's it really was a wow experience. I'd love to see this get a major refurb and stay for a while yet, a firm family favorite for us.

The Empress Lilly

ET is a real gem. One of the best non-Disney dark rides I've ever seen.

The queue is great, the scenes in the forest are really quite convincing, flying over the city is awesome. I don't think ET's home planet all that great - it kinda spoils the magic of ET the character for me, makes him less unique and mysterious.
I love those bicycles for a ride vehicle!

Long may this ride last!

BryceM

ET is a real gem. One of the best non-Disney dark rides I've ever seen.

The queue is great, the scenes in the forest are really quite convincing, flying over the city is awesome. I don't think ET's home planet all that great - it kinda spoils the magic of ET the character for me, makes him less unique and mysterious.
I love those bicycles for a ride vehicle!

Long may this ride last!
Yes, I think the first half of the ride is the best park (including the queue). The part where you emerge over the city scape, the moon is in the distance and John Williams' score is playing... So epic.

champdisney

What the Haunted Mansion and Pirates are to the Magic Kingdom should be equivalent to what E.T. Adventure is to Universal Studios. An untouchable theme park original.

It needs a major facelift, the Green Planet needs to be re-envisioned. Let's face it, if Steven Spielberg were to take us into the Green Planet in the film, I'm more than sure it wouldn't look like the attraction's. In fact, the Green Planet in E.T. Adventure looks as if your taking a trip to It's a Small World.... on acid. lol Regardless, it needs work.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom