E-ride night questions

mikesenger

Original Poster
I'm new and had some questions about the E-ride nights. we are going to be at WDW on May 10th, but we won't get there till 4pm. is it worth burning a day on the parkhopper to stay the extra hours? or can we just buy the E-ride pass and get in that night?

roysta123

E-RIDE

I don't think it is worth the three extra hours for a $50 hopper ticket plus $10-$15 to get in to the e-ride. The Magic Kingdom closes at 10pm on May 10th so you would only have about 5 hours to use the hopper ticket. There is no other way to get into the e-ride night. You cannot just buy the e-ride ticket, you must have and must use a hopper ticket on the day of the e-ride night. I definately wouldn't do it if I were you. You won't get your money's worth and besides, the lines probably aren't going to be too bad then anyway.

:)

wannabeBelle

Hi Blackride and welcome to the boards. E ride nights are specifically for people staying at the Disney resorts only and have a hopper pass. They are $13 on top of the cost of the Hopper passes. After the park closes, say at 8 pm that night you get to go on 10 of the most popular rides over and over again until 11pm. There are a limited number of these passes sold and as I said before they are specifically for Disney Resort guests only and good only for the Magic Kingdom.
Fast Pass is a whole different thing. It is available in at least a few rides and attractions at all of the parks, it is free, it is NOT limited to Resort Guests only. You go to the fast pass machine, put in your ticket for the park and it will print you out a small slip of paper and give you back your ticket. The paper will say the name of the ride or attraction and the time for you to come back and ride with little or no wait time. Be careful which you choose though as you can only get one fastpass at a time. This is to keep people from fastpassing every attraction. It is good sometimes, but check the wait times at the attractions. In some cases you are better off standing in line than getting a FP!!! Hope this info helped!! Belle

monorail256

Hi everyone. I am arriving on Saturday the 10th also but around.. 9:30 in the morning. We called last night about how to acquire ERIDE tickets and the woman told my mom that she could buy one of Friday for me (parents are arriving one day earlier). But now that I see you have to have a park hopper, I am kind of dissapointed. I have an annual pass. Does this mean I do not qualify?

wannabeBelle

never fear Monorail, you are good!! Your Annual pass is a form of a hopper pass!!!! the E ride night ticket is just not entry into the Magic Kingdom on it's own, it is just an extension of the hours already in place.
Unlike the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade or The Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party which are seperate tickets in and of themselves. If you were going to either of these you wouldnt need any type of other ticket to get in.
Any questions, please post and Ill try to help!! Belle

Dayma

Great we always stay at the resorts and use park hoppers. Funny I have been there 4 of the last 5 years and never heard of e-ride :)

Thanks

monorail256

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
never fear Monorail, you are good!! Your Annual pass is a form of a hopper pass!!!! the E ride night ticket is just not entry into the Magic Kingdom on it's own, it is just an extension of the hours already in place.
Unlike the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade or The Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party which are seperate tickets in and of themselves. If you were going to either of these you wouldnt need any type of other ticket to get in.
Any questions, please post and Ill try to help!! Belle

Thank you so much Belle.. I was getting worried I wouldnt be able to do it! Thats so cool how it stays open late for so cheap :)

wannabeBelle

It i s pretty cool actually but like I said there are only a limited number of attractions open, it isnt the whole park. I have done it before and would probably do so again. Have a great time and let me know how it was when you get back!! Belle

jmarc63

Originally posted by blackride
Can someone explain what E-ride means. Isnt there Fast Pass?

The "E" in E-ride is a throw back to the days when Disney used a tickets Called coupons ( While others called theres tickets Disney refered to theres as coupons), they were A thru E, A's were the least popular and least expensive attractions like the mainstreet vehicles, Etc, , E's were the most populat attractions and were the top price attractions like Space mountain or Big Thunder, the coupons were being phased-out about the time Epcot opened in 1982. Due to the fact that the coupons were used by so many guests to DL and WDW for three decades that the term "E-Ticket" began to mean something spectacular and worth waiting for or a high class enticement, just as some people use the term to "Mickey Mouse" to mean something cheezy or bad or inept.

My guess Disney marketing picked up on it as a good marketing ploy for the benifit,

bailey5697

Originally posted by mkymaus
Where can I find a list of dates for June for E- Ride nights?:confused:
You can go here: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/parkhours.asp#June Park Hours

OR here it is:

June Park Hours

Magic Kingdom

June 1 -- 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
June 2 -- 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
June 3 -- 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
June 4 -- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
June 5,6 -- 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
June 7 -- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
June 8 -- 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
June 9 -- 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
June 10 -- 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
June 11 -- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
June 12 -- 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
June 13 -- 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
June 14 -- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
June 15 -- 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
June 16,17 -- 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
June 18 -- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
June 19 -- 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
June 20 -- 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
June 21 -- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
June 22 -- 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
June 23 -- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
June 24 -- 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
June 25 -- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
June 26 -- 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
June 27 -- 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
June 28,29 -- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
June 30 -- 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

E-Ride Nights: June 3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24 & 27

Epcot
Future World
June 1-30 -- 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

World Showcase
June 1-30 -- 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Disney-MGM Studios
June 1-16 -- 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
June 17 -- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
June 18-30 -- 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Animal Kingdom
June 1-30 -- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Blizzard Beach
June 1-28 -- 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
June 29, 30 -- 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Typhoon Lagoon
June 1-28 -- 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
June 29, 30 -- 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

RPMdfw

Originally posted by mkymaus
Where can I find a list of dates for June for E- Ride nights?:confused:

Here's an explanation of E ride nights as well as a list of all announced dates.

I'll be there for the one on June 6th! :king:

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Thanks Jen, for your speedy reply!!!:D

See ya there.... RPMdfw !!! I think we will be doing that night too!!!

:wave:

Kelly Lalonde

I am confused!

Are e-ride nights the same as extra magic hours? We are going June 21 with extended family. They do not have my desire to get up and be at the park b4 it opens so any additional time I can get at night would be great. (My other option is to sneak out with my 10 year old before anyone else gets up :) ) Thanks

DisJosh

Kelly Lalonde said:
Are e-ride nights the same as extra magic hours? We are going June 21 with extended family. They do not have my desire to get up and be at the park b4 it opens so any additional time I can get at night would be great. (My other option is to sneak out with my 10 year old before anyone else gets up :) ) Thanks

E-Ride nights no linger exist...it's just the extra magic hours. I think the extra magic hours are all listed at the official disney world site. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom