E-mail Comcast

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Here's the deal....

I've spent the better part of the last 36 hours studying this whole buyout thing, and I have decided that I am against it.
Three reasons why:
Disney is moving in the right direction. The stutio is doing great, the park attendance is way up, and ABC is inching up. Sure, we lost Pixar, but I honest believe that was a political move on Jobs' part. If Eisner leaves, Jobs will warm back up to Disney.

Reason two is that I just find it unsettling that Disney, and american icom, a company loved by people of all ages, the world over, could become just another piece of another corporation. Walt would never go for it. Disney is Disney. Period.

Third, I honestly don't believe that Comcast will respect the traditions, and magic of Disney. They say they aren't planning to sell off any parts, but you never know.

Anyway, I have decided to stand against it.
I encourage any of you, shareholders or not, if you share my feelings, to e-mail Comcast at the address below and express yourself. Tell them as a Disney fan you are against it. Tell them to find another company to buy. Tell them to bug off. I did.

corporate_communications@comcast.com
(I couldn't find Brian Roberts' personal e-mail, but if anyone has it, that would be a better address.

General Grizz

Writing now.

Disney needs to stay "Disney" (a meaning versus just another corporation). I mean, tossing the name around with Comcast is SO degrading.

(Not because it is Comcast, but because Disney is actually a FEELING. Is there a several 10,000 member Comcast Fan Forums and websites?)

Not For Sale

I'm with you all the way. Those damn monopolistic cable companies (is monopolistic a word?) Though I am not a supporter of Michael Eisner, he still has a better vision than a power hungry, cheap, not a part of the Disney family company. Hey wait a sec...Ahhhh who cares! At least without Comcast we have a CHANCE of getting Eisner out.

Shaman

How about attacking Comcast where it hurts....like canceling their cable service....kinda extreme but...would definetely get their attention.....

:lookaroun

wdwcrazy

I think a boycott comcast would be a lot better. Anyone who uses their cable televison or internet services cancel your service! Also don't buy tickets to Philadelphia Sixers (they stink anyway) or flyers games

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Jeeze... now you guys are barraging them with e-mails :eek: :brick: :brick:

Man, I hope they have there spam filters set on high. :lol: :lookaroun :p

Shaman

Originally posted by General Grizz
I have no "affiliation" with Comcast, and I never intend to.

Neither do I....almost did once....I'm glad now I didn't go with comcast...and opted for no cable instead...:lol:

:lookaroun

Gregory

Hmm... I personally think that snail mail might be better... like, actual letters... I'm going to type up one to send, if I can find an address...

I'm against it, but it seems that both Roy and Eisner are trying to use it to their advantage...

Also, its not a coincidence that the meeting is so close- Disney stocks have already rose...

Snapper Bean

In the infamous words of Moe Green from the Godfather..."you don't buy me out....I buy you out." Of course, he got whacked.

Nevertheless, I agree with the analysis. Its important for Disney to be the top of the food chain in order to preserve corporate identity and that's why I would NOT like this acquisition to proceed.

I'd have alot more respect for the fellows who are running "savedisney.com" if they'd come out and say the things you are saying but it looks to me like they are trying to keep "their" options open, which causes me to doubt their sincerity.

Just my opinion but until proven otherwise, I think that savedisney.com is more about "Roy and Stanley" then it is about Walt and customers.

Snapper Bean

LoriMistress

I emailed them and flat out told them to not buy Disney or else I will quit using Comcast and any thing related to Disney. Extreme, but to the point.

lebernadin

Comcast isn't going to withdraw their offer because Disney fans don't want their hostile takeover to succeed. You'd be better served sending emails to those concerned at Disney to show how un-welcomed this would be. If you're Comcast and you're trying to create the largest media base the only thing that is going to stand in your way is Disney's board/investors and the law.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom