E.E. Grade?

nickatine1986

Original Poster
Hey guys new poster here... I'm heading to Disney in a week, but have been there every year since I was two. I haven't, however, experienced expedition everest yet, and was wondering what overall grade you would give it. Heard great things about the style, and originality of the ride, but some complaints about lack of detail to the actual ride. Any opinion is appreciated! :)

magicfan

Overall, I'd give the entire attraction an A-. The theming is great, and generates large crowds. But the ride itself is, to me, a C. The thrills just didn't live up to the hype.

Captain Hank

I was just able to ride it for the first time this week, and I really enjoyed it. It isn't a super-hyper coaster (and I wouldn't have ridden it if it were), but it does offer a really good thrill, in my opinion. The theming and queue are amazing, as was the Yeti (though I wish it would have been slower through this section). Overall, a great ride, and I'll agree with the above A-

abian

I think it is between A- and B+ for me. Overall you won't be terribly disappointed becasue from theming to the ride it is a well done ride. But you probably will not be terribly "WOWED". If you have very very high expectations you will probably felt it is a B+. But if you have NO expectation whatsoever it would be an A for you. Anyway, all I don't like to grade a ride but I'll say it's a fun ride, if not the best experience ever. Definitely worth ridding at least once.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I'd say between an A and an A-. When we went during the AP previews, there were people clapping (actually for our train I think I may have been the one that started it :lookaroun ) when we got to the unload area. I thought it would end when the previews were over, but there were still people doing it when we were there for Mother's day weekend, so I think it's a hit! :sohappy:

CTXRover

I'd give it an A/A-. Its a well-themed, story-driven attraction with thrills for most ages and one incredible AA that is certainly Disney's most impressive figure in shere scale and speed of movement. It is an incredible amount of fun that has enough detail in the queue and ride itself that multiple trips are needed to catch it all. Everest is certainly, and I imagine will continue to be for many years to come, a must-see for me.

dxwwf3

A to A+ for me. It is ALMOST to the level of ToT and Splash Mountain and Spider Man for me, but it needs just a little additions to do that. A better bird AA, make the backwards portion completely dark, and do something more with the first section of the ride. Still, it is one of the best attractions in the theme park world.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
So far everyone has been way too generous in my opinion. I would give Everest a C- because, to me, C- means below average (which is how I think a lot of people, myself included, rate Everest). To me, attractions that would warrant an A+ rating would be attractions like Tower of Terror, Mummy, and Spider Man. All of those are absolutely cutting edge and are totally entertaining from start to finish. Sorry, but Everest is not even in the same league.

dxwwf3

ROTM doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence with Tower of Terror and Spider Man, IMO.

I think it is a 3 1/2 star or "B" attraction, but I think it is being severely overrated.

nickatine1986

Original Poster
I've been on ROTM, I liked the ride, but I felt like the end was kind of dumb when they get Brendan Fraiser his coffee... lol. I hope that E.E. doesn't do what ROTM did, in terms of dissapointment at the end.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
nickatine1986 said:
I've been on ROTM, I liked the ride, but I felt like the end was kind of dumb when they get Brendan Fraiser his coffee... lol. I hope that E.E. doesn't do what ROTM did, in terms of dissapointment at the end.

On EE, the disappointments happen throughout. LOL!

abian

nickatine1986 said:
I think EE is good until the dissapointing ending. It happened Soooooo fast.

pintraderpayee

I enjoyed EE. ALL of my 27 high school students accompanying me at Easter, rode it multiple times. Some of my students preferred ToT, RR, and M:S but all of them liked EE. It is all a matter of preference. Go! Enjoy! Decide for yourself and have a jºoºyful time!!

hokielutz

If people expected Everest to be a mega thrill coaster, then you really don't know Disney that well. Their imagineers are not always looking for the best thrill out there. But what they do is blend some good thrills with theming and story. It works out to be a nice hybrid. EE I think shows this the most. Not a top coaster, but the reversing directions and queue theming makes it unique and I would give it a B+ to an A-. If you are looking for more heart pounding action, the "other" park may be your best option.

DME

I've been wondering how I'll like EE. For me, I've never been a roller coaster fan, mainly because I don't like that 'drop' feeling which I suppose most amusement park roller coasters provide. It took the first 25 years of my life to realize that I shouldn't have been scared of Space Moutain, Big Thunder, and Splash & RnR. As hokielutz said, Disney doesn't build rides for the sheer thrill, they build them as a fun experience. Which I guess is why I think these 3 mountains (and also the Matterhorn at DL) is okay with me. They're just fun..plain and simple.

From the sounds of it, EE appears to be on the same level. I'll be in WDW in September and am probably going to ride it without having my wife go on it first (Yea, sometimes I'm a chicken) I admit it.

Anyone agree (that's been on it) that it's not a major thrill ride?

Pete C

If you can handle RnR, Everest is about on par with that. RnR might have more constant action, but Everest has a few moments that are on par, G-force wise. The drop on this one is not anything to be worried about.

DME

Thanks Pete. That's a helpful description. Look forward to riding. It should be right up my alley. My wife will be amazed that I'll go on without her testing it out first.

Pete C

CHAPPS said:
So far everyone has been way too generous in my opinion. I would give Everest a C- because, to me, C- means below average (which is how I think a lot of people, myself included, rate Everest). To me, attractions that would warrant an A+ rating would be attractions like Tower of Terror, Mummy, and Spider Man. All of those are absolutely cutting edge and are totally entertaining from start to finish. Sorry, but Everest is not even in the same league.

I don't think Mummy is cutting edge. Why is it so? Because it has LIMs? RnR, and many, many other coasters have LIMs. Because it has an explosion? Seen that plenty. And the pop-up mummies are Haunted Mansion-fare. The fire on the ceiling at the end is awesome...besides that there is nothing new on offer on this ride. It has better themed dark ride areas than Everest, ok fine I will give you that, but it certainly isn't "cutting edge". On a coaster-level, I put Everest above it, plain and simple. I go on massive coasters that put these to shame all the time, and my opinion is that Everest is a bit more intense of a ride. The thing is, you are saying that the Mummy is on some other level of existance than Everest...that it is in a different league. That is a joke man. I walked off of Mummy like...good ride, nothing more. Spiderman, I agree, now that is cutting edge. Tower of Terror, that was cutting edge when it opened. Mummy? Not in that class. I give Everest a B+ for the Yeti, overall theme, and dark backwards portions of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom