DW Now Offering Special Gifts For Pets

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Disney World Now Offering Special Gifts For Your Pets.
Mickey News
8/16/2004

Disney Tails is opening soon in Downtown Disney adjacent to Pooh Corner. Fueled by a strong demand of Disney pet related products this store is sure to be a hit with the pet owning Disney crowds who want to pamper their pets.

Featuring the widest array of Disney-branded pet products, Disney Tails gives guests the impression they have come to their pets favorite “social club”. Favorites from Disney animation such as Pluto and Dalmatians will appear in the shops décor and well as the product lines.

As with other large chain pet stores, pet owners are allowed and encouraged to bring their pets along with them when they come to the store. Toys, fresh beaked animal treats, Disney themed ID tags and other pet care items will be featured at this store.

With more than 60 percent of American homes had pets in 2002, with a reported 66 million dog and cat owners buying Christmas gifts for their pets and 23 million celebrating their pets birthdays, Disney hopes to enjoy a share of the money. Experts have speculated that pet related spending in the U.S. will reach $34 billion this year, a 68 percent increase over average pet spending for the past decade.

By Gavin Haubelt

Tenny317

Awesome! I am sooooooooo excited! I have two dogs who are of course the princes of the house! I'm going in September...any idea when it's going to open? :sohappy:

cherrynegra

Original Poster
This is all I could find. It simply announces the new store. I searched on the official Downtown Disney site and didn't see it listed. I'm sure someone in Orlando will let us know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a new shop at Downtown Disney and this one caters to a different member of the family, your pet. Disney Tails is located next to Pooh Corner in the Marketplace and features a wide selection of Disney branded pet products. These products will be adorned with such Disney favorites as Pluto and the dalmatians from 101 Dalmatians. A lot of the products offered at the shop can also be found in other shops around WDW this new shop will feature a variety of new pet care products, toys, fresh-baked animal treats and personalized Disney themed collar ID tags.

Keep in mind that even though this shop is for pets guests are not permitted to bring their pets into the shop.

Nicole

I think it's open - I remember seeing it when I was at DTD in July. I didn't go in because I don't have pets (only kids).

Sloan

It's open

I was there on Saturday, August 7th and it was open. There's a mix of gifts for pets and owners, and a significant section of Pooh stuff. Many of the pet items can be found scattered about various other on-property stores in the various parks, but are almost all available at Tails. Unfortunately, they were out of the one item I wanted, and I'd not picked it up in MK where it was at the Emporium. Oh well, next time ...... (October for Food & Wine Festival!)

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Sloan said:
I was there on Saturday, August 7th and it was open. There's a mix of gifts for pets and owners, and a significant section of Pooh stuff. Many of the pet items can be found scattered about various other on-property stores in the various parks, but are almost all available at Tails. Unfortunately, they were out of the one item I wanted, and I'd not picked it up in MK where it was at the Emporium. Oh well, next time ...... (October for Food & Wine Festival!)

Thanks for the update Sloan. :wave:

Sloan

fish stuff

I do not recall seeing anything for fish at the new 'Tails' store. However, I purchased the Finding Nemo miniatures set at Living Seas, gave them a good wash, and now have the whole cast scattered about the bottom of my tank! They've been holding up just fine (no fading and no ill effect on the fish) and look so cool!

DDuckFan130

Sloan said:
You mentioned a bunch of Pooh things. Isn't this store right next to the Pooh store? Maybe they're connected or something. I remember seeing some pictures of the store on allears.net and I didn't see many Pooh things. I saw mainly products based around Pluto, Figaro, 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, etc.

Maybe I'm confused but maybe that's the reason for all the Pooh stuff :veryconfu

Sloan

Pooh stuff in Tails ...

I think you're correct. The Tails store with the pet products and gifts is co-located with the Pooh merchandise in the same building, with the store essentially divided in to two parts now - I can't recall if this is the old Pooh store that's given up 50% of it's space for the pet products or not - though it would make sense to me.

MissM

Cute! I bought a little purple mickey head name tag in the Emporium earlier this year. I took it over to the Main Street Watch shop and they engraved it with my cat's name for like $3. It's really cute.

I haven't seen the DTD shop though that sounds really neat too. :)
-m

ps: I've seen some of the Disney Pet items at my local Target - like the bowls and some toys - for SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper then they sell for in the park. So if you can't get there or don't want to pay the premium, check around, you might be able to find some of it locally.

sweet7696

This is so exciting! I have one little princess (and another coming home in two weeks) that could use some disney themed stuff.. I'll have to save up extra spending money just for that store!
Jess

sweet7696

Tenny317

Thank you! Kylie is a yorkie/maltese mix that rules the roost around here. LOL! We are getting her half sister (a little maltese puppy - they have the same mommy) Veruca in two weeks! I will definitely need to spoil them with goodies from this new store!

Jess

Tenny317

Hehehehe.....so adorable i just wanna eat her up!! LoL! My yorky is so cute all the time! I can't take it...hehe...My favorite thing is when he sticks his tounge out and it just stays there...its so adorable! It usually happens when hes tired and or sleeping and woken up...lol I love it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom