DVC Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel now reopening May 2nd, 2021

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Disneyland was forced to delay its gradual phased reopening this weekend of the Disney Vacation Club villas because of Gov. Gavin Newsom’s stay-at-home order that will restrict travel and shutter California hotels to everyone but essential workers.

The planned reopening of the Disney Vacation Club villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa on Sunday, Dec. 6 has been delayed, according to the DVC website."

“Disney Vacation Club is delaying the reopening of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa as we further review the new regional stay at home order announced by the State of California,” according to the DVC website."

TP2000

"Disneyland was forced to delay its gradual phased reopening this weekend of the Disney Vacation Club villas because of Gov. Gavin Newsom’s stay-at-home order that will restrict travel and shutter California hotels to everyone but essential workers.

The planned reopening of the Disney Vacation Club villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa on Sunday, Dec. 6 has been delayed, according to the DVC website."

“Disney Vacation Club is delaying the reopening of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa as we further review the new regional stay at home order announced by the State of California,” according to the DVC website."

Wow, that stinks.

I'm trying to get up to speed on the current "regional lockdown" situation in California after being out of state for awhile. Are hotels not allowed to operate? Because I heard that on the radio today, and yet even the radio hosts were confused if that was the case. And yet the Hampton Inn I stayed in last night in Redding couldn't have been more accomodating nor cared less that I wasn't a "first responder".

One look at me could tell anyone I won't be responding to anything first. Or third. Maybe fifth.

Last edited:

TP2000

Disney has opened the DVC units for legal reasons, it really doesn't matter to them if people use them.

Heck, they would prefer folks go to Florida, where they can profit off of Ticket, Food, Drink, Merchandise and other revenues.

I wonder how many reservations they actually had to cancel for the Grand's DVC units this week? My hunch is that it was not a lot, perhaps none at all.

All hotels and lodging in the Mono County Metro Area are now closed as of Monday, unless you are a "Critical Infrastructure Worker". So no hotel stays.

The Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego is destroyed because of this. That hotel had just invested in a swanky Christmas vacation package aimed at San Diego locals, and it was sold out through December. They had already spent $400 Million in a multi-year renovation that was to be finished in 2021. Now they are being closed again? Ouch!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 1.43.53 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom