DVC Tour and get a $25 Gift Card

sksowell

Has anyone done the DVC phone tour to get a $25 gift card. Got an email stating "Schedule your interactive tour from the comfort of your own home. It's quick, easy, and informative. And we'll send you a $25 Disney Gift Card to use on your vacation."

I was wondering if anyone has done this, how long did it take, and was there a lot of pressure to buy?

minniemickeyfan

During my last June stay at PO French Qtr there was a in room offer for a $50 gift card if you scheduled a tour during your stay. I called the number from our room phone, it was easy to set up and they picked us up right at our resort and took us to Saratoga Springs. They showed us some room models on the tour. There was no pressure to buy like I was expecting and gave us material to take home with us. We even got ice cream after the tour.

Edit: Oh, and it took about 1 1/2 hours I believe.

Upvote 0

wilkeliza

There is no pressure to buy. We went last year on the promise of fastpasses, I think we got scammed now they are giving credits and movies and such. There was absolutely no pressure to buy and they show you what would work best for you and what would be good in your hypothetical budget. The lady we had was super and my boyfriend and I have talked over buying in several times since.

The tour is about 1 to 2 hours depending on how many people are also there waiting. It could even be less I think we were there for 30 to 45 minutes. They show you a few model suites and then talk to you about the costs and where your money goes. Had it not been for the initial cost we would have bought in that day. When we told the woman that was a lot of money and we would like to discuss it at home away from all the pixie dust she said she would send our packet to our hotel and that our deal was locked in for at least 2 weeks so we could go home and think about it away from the parks. We even got a kind call about a week after we got back checking in and asking if we had any questions. Never once did I feel any pressure that we had to buy because we took the tour. Once she even mentioned that if it didn't fit into our ideal style of travel don't feel bad declining the offer.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I did one last year on the internet from the DVC. It was nice and not to long....about 45 minutes or so. Didn't get a gift card. The one I did was for a Disney print which I still have....

Upvote 0

mgjones03

I got my e-mail for this offer on 7-22, called that day--received my $25 gift card via fed-ex on Monday(8-1). There was no pressure to buy, the representative just did an overview of the DVC and what it has to offer. The phone tour took about 25 minutes.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I got my e-mail for this offer on 7-22, called that day--received my $25 gift card via fed-ex on Monday(8-1). There was no pressure to buy, the representative just did an overview of the DVC and what it has to offer. The phone tour took about 25 minutes.

I did this too - it sounds like this is the offer you were sent since the on site tours are for a $50 giftcard and your offer is for $25. They emailed me a website and I went through the site with a rep on the phone. Then the next day I received the giftcard, a brochure and some coloring books via FedEx. I think I got one follow-up email. It took about 20 minutes and it was definitely worth it!

Upvote 0

mgjones03

How did you get the email offer? Did you request an info dvd at some point?

I am not sure, but the email stated that our upcoming trip was fast approaching and Disney wanted to let us know about a way to save on future vacations by joining the DVC, the email was from Disney Vacation Club itself.

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

I got my offer in the mail a month ago and forgot about it :eek: and then i got another one in the mail yesterday..I need to call (mine is strictly over the phone offer), but never seem to have the time and I only have cell phone (we actually have a landline, but my son broke our base for the cordless) and i wanted to get this in time for our trip in September..that WILL be goal for tomorrow...

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

We did the local Chicago tour at the facility and got a $50 gift card. Got to see the BLT DVC mockup which is actually the resort rooms with all the trimmings, etc. It is very low key.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

I also received the $25 gift card phone tour promo this week. About 2 years ago I believe I received the same offer, may have been $50. It seems I get these offers about a month or so before we are staying at a Deluxe resort.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I received the promo tour card thru the mail and the same day I received it, I did the phone call to the DVC rep...less then 10 minutes and a $25 gift card was ordered as we spoke on the phone...a year and a half ago I did an online one and got a really cool lithograph!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom