DVC resorts at Christmas

dazzle_em55

Original Poster
We just desided this morning to go down to WDW Dec 18-23rd and hopefully enjoy MVMCP :xmas: . Hopefully we will be able to find a room since we are DVC members.

My question is, which resort has the best decorations/themeing durring this time?

We have been to both SSR and WL but wouldn't mind staying there again if it is great durring this time.

MagicalMonorail

I've never been to WDW during the Christmas season, but I would have to say Wilderness Lodge. It's themed like a ski resort so it already feels like winter, even in the summer.

marlaymike

We stayed on Pop-Century last Christmas and the decorations in the lobby were cute, but I have seen the Travel Channel program about Christmas in Disney and from what I saw the best one is Grand Floridian.

CaptainWonder

WL is great during the christmas season......while the DVC part has nice wreaths, swags, and a smaller tree.....the main lobby of WL has a towering tree that is just beautiful.....add to this the nightly visits by Santa and everything else, it really is great.....even though it's FL and never gets too cold....there's some sort of feeling after a chilly night of just warming up in the lobby of the DVC near the fire

dvcnut39

I really liked BCV Christmas decorations. On a different note, the best Christmas decorations that we ever saw were at AKL. That place is beautiful at night.

swimmom

We stayed a WL last year and it was awesome. We did see the decorations at Comtemporary, Polynesian & Grand Floridian and I don't think that they were at great as the huge tree in the lobby at WL.

JPVonDrake

All the resorts have great decorations, even the value one! Do take some time to explore as each resorts decorations are very well themed to that resort.

:sohappy:

geubux

We usually stay at the Boardwalk Villas. They are themed with a Victorian style of Christmas. That means masses of glass ornaments on the twin christmas trees in the lobby, a large swag laded with decorations over the fireplace and additional swags over the check-in desk area, also with glass decorations. The victorian style is to put ornaments on until they almost touch each other. I think they do a very nice job on this. We also check out the other resorts as reported above.

dazzle_em55

Original Poster
Thanks for all of your ideas. We actually tried to get in at WL & BCV/BWV but they were all booked. We will be staying at SSR. I have told my family that we definately need to go visit all of the other hotels to see how they are decorated

tecowdw

dazzle_em55 said:
Thanks for all of your ideas. We actually tried to get in at WL & BCV/BWV but they were all booked. We will be staying at SSR. I have told my family that we definately need to go visit all of the other hotels to see how they are decorated
Okay, with your home determined now, you definitely need to be sure to visit WL and AKL for their decorations! They will put you in awe of the site. The Epcot resorts also have very nice decorations. The GF's are okay (not into Victorian) as are the Contemporary's and all of the others resorts that are worth a visit if time permits. The Polynesian - don't waste your time! I don't know if it's just because of the tropical theme but they have uninspired decorations in relation to the other resorts. BTW, Polynesian is my favorite resort outside of Christmas time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom