DVC Resale

jenbierling

Original Poster
I should clarify, sorry. I understand that there are some promotions going on right now if you buy direct, and that different resorts have different expiration years. But, once you are a member are there any differences? Do those who buy direct have other perks, opportuntities to purchase add-on points, or anything like that, which you wouldn't be able to do if you purchased resale?

DisneyJoe

But, once you are a member are there any differences? Do those who buy direct have other perks, opportuntities to purchase add-on points, or anything like that, which you wouldn't be able to do if you purchased resale?

Disney gets right of first refusal on any purchase.

Once you become a member, you are member and equal to all other members in every way.

slappy magoo

I think you would have less than the normal 50 years

Well "50 years" is an incomplete term as well. Each resort has a date where all deed rights revert back to Disney (though Disney can add extensions to the deed rights at their pleasure - and already have with Old Key West). For example, right now points at the Animal Kingdom Villas expire in 2057. It doesn't matter if you bought direct from DVC today, or bought from a reseller today, or bought from either DVD or a reseller 2, 5 or 10 years from now; all points expire in 2057.

So when you buy from DVC, there are always promotions that make buying direct a little more attractive. If you buy from a reseller, the price will undoubtedly be cheaper (provided DVC doesn't exercise its ROFR), but there's a chance (albeit a slim one) that you won't be able to get the points at the resort you want, or in the quantity you want.

worldfanatic

Once your in , it doesn't matter how you bought, you're a DVC member.
For me, it's all about the property. I wasn't able to get OKW or Boardwalk through Disney anymore, so I bought on resale. I'm debating now about adding more points at a 3rd property. Grand Californian, Wilderness lodge or Bay lake? The property I choose will determine if I buy through Disney or the Timeshare store.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I have done both and both are August Boardwalk points. The only downside is that I have two accounts and Disney in their wisdom will not combine them into one account. This causes me some minor problems in making reservations, but is well worth it in the money I saved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom