DVC RENTAL...

Charjen

Original Poster
I have gone through Davids Rental requesting to rent DVC points November 2020. November 28-December 6 to be exact. They sent me an email yesterday saying they did not have points available for my room request at Bay Lake Towers. The request was for the above mentioned dates and a one bedroom theme park view room.... They asked if I would like to be placed in their queue to see if any points would become available, or just get my deposit refunded. I asked to be placed in the queue in hopes of them finding the points. How long should I wait before requesting something new and or different???? As anyone had success with similar request?!?!?

Thanks!!!!

MikeyK72

I have gone through Davids Rental requesting to rent DVC points November 2020. November 28-December 6 to be exact. They sent me an email yesterday saying they did not have points available for my room request at Bay Lake Towers. The request was for the above mentioned dates and a one bedroom theme park view room.... They asked if I would like to be placed in their queue to see if any points would become available, or just get my deposit refunded. I asked to be placed in the queue in hopes of them finding the points. How long should I wait before requesting something new and or different???? As anyone had success with similar request?!?!?

Thanks!!!!
The only folks who can accommodate you now would be the BLT owners because we are within the 11 month window but not yet to the 7 month window. So the pool of folks who can accommodate you is lower at this point. However once the 7 month window opens, anyone with DVC points to rent would be able to get you a BLT room assuming one is available at that time.

MikeyK72

As of now, I can see that there is a 1-bedroom available with theme park view. But the 7 month window for your trip doesn't open until April 28th. You may want to wait until then.

Charjen

Original Poster
As of now, I can see that there is a 1-bedroom available with theme park view. But the 7 month window for your trip doesn't open until April 28th. You may want to wait until then.

In your opinion, should I wait until April 28th and risk not getting a room, or go with a second option?

Hcalvert

In your opinion, should I wait until April 28th and risk not getting a room, or go with a second option?
In my opinion, I don't think there are a lot of people waiting at the 7 month window for a 1 bedroom theme park view. The more popular choices are the studios and the standard or lake view 1 bedroom rooms. There are other sites you can visit to try to match up with a BLT owner if you are worried about waiting.

Edited--I didn't realize this was during Thanksgiving time. Oops, so availability will be scarcer.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member

OP wants to go at the busiest time of the year for DVC.

Waiting until the 7 month mark will almost certainly (95-99%) result in no availability in any view. I would recommend OP considers lake view as an option and gives it about 4-6 weeks max before looking at other resorts.

Charjen

Original Poster
OP wants to go at the busiest time of the year for DVC.

Waiting until the 7 month mark will almost certainly (95-99%) result in no availability in any view. I would recommend OP considers lake view as an option and gives it about 4-6 weeks max before looking at other resorts.
Why yes, I guess I do want to go at the busiest time of year for DVC, but clearly I didn’t know that since I’m not a DVC member and I’m trying to rent points. Thanks for the knowledge

nickys

Premium Member
Why yes, I guess I do want to go at the busiest time of year for DVC, but clearly I didn’t know that since I’m not a DVC member and I’m trying to rent points. Thanks for the knowledge

I wouldn’t expect you to have known that! 🙂

My reply was more aimed at someone who suggested waiting until the 7 month mark. You definitely don’t want to do that IMO.

Charjen

Original Poster
I wouldn’t expect you to have known that! 🙂

My reply was more aimed at someone who suggested waiting until the 7 month mark. You definitely don’t want to do that IMO.
I understand! I’m just super new at all of this, which makes me nervous! My husband insists on having a kitchen and a separate bedroom, so renting points was my only option. I just want something booked and finalized! I hate waiting!

Hcalvert

I understand! I’m just super new at all of this, which makes me nervous! My husband insists on having a kitchen and a separate bedroom, so renting points was my only option. I just want something booked and finalized! I hate waiting!
I sent you a message with other options, but I didn't realize you are a newbie at renting DVC. Dave's is definitely the safest way to go, but I never had success with the company--same reason--not enough points available. Is your husband only interested in BLT or other 1 bedrooms around WDW? OKW has the largest 1 bedrooms I believe (190 points) and CCV or BRV are still MK resorts and less points than BLT (242 vs 323), but BLT lake view and standard are less points than them. There is always the cabins at Fort Wilderness (not DVC) that have a separate bedroom and kitchen.

Last edited:

Tom P.

I hope I am not violating any forum rules by mentioning a different company, but you may also want to try The DVC Rental Store (dvcrentalstore.com). They obviously will have a different pool of DVC owners they are working with, so you have a chance that they will have availability when David's doesn't. Also, they do not require a deposit to check availability.

Charjen

Original Poster
I hope I am not violating any forum rules by mentioning a different company, but you may also want to try The DVC Rental Store (dvcrentalstore.com). They obviously will have a different pool of DVC owners they are working with, so you have a chance that they will have availability when David's doesn't. Also, they do not require a deposit to check availability.
I reached out to them and the availability is there, but no DVC members with points to rent out. I asked if they had a different system or different members, but from my understanding of their answer, it was that they use the same system as everyone else renting out points....did I misunderstand that?

Charjen

Original Poster
I sent you a message with other options, but I didn't realize you are a newbie at renting DVC. Dave's is definitely the safest way to go, but I never had success with the company--same reason--not enough points available. Is your husband only interested in BLT or other 1 bedrooms around WDW? OKW has the largest 1 bedrooms I believe (190 points) and CCV or BRV are still MK resorts and less points than BLT (242 vs 323), but BLT lake view and standard are less points than them. There is always the cabins at Fort Wilderness (not DVC) that have a separate bedroom and kitchen.
My husband is not set on BLT. I was the one that decided on that resort because I thought it would be fun to be able to see the fireworks from our room every night. I also liked the direct access to the monorail.

PeoplemoverTTA

Second vote for them -we’ve used them several times, including for our wedding and honeymoon. They are wonderful!

PeoplemoverTTA

As an aside (sorry for multiple posts), I’ve found that the cost savings for a 1-bedroom and renting points isn’t as strong as for a studio. If you really want that room type, perhaps book direct through Disney? You can always cancel if you’re able to get a rental. You’ll also get daily housekeeping when booking as a hotel rather than DVC, which is a little perk.

Charjen

Original Poster
As an aside (sorry for multiple posts), I’ve found that the cost savings for a 1-bedroom and renting points isn’t as strong as for a studio. If you really want that room type, perhaps book direct through Disney? You can always cancel if you’re able to get a rental. You’ll also get daily housekeeping when booking as a hotel rather than DVC, which is a little perk.
I inquired with Disney today about booking straight through them, and they said that if the websites states there aren't any available rooms for my dates then I have to wait until it does say available. Something about the window for DVC owners opening up...

Hcalvert

I looked up on Mousesavers and the rack rates (with tax) are $975 for Fri & Sat nights and $857 for Sun-Thurs nights, resulting in the stay costing about $7100 and she will have to pay for parking if they drive. Renting from Dave's is about $6100.

Last edited:

Charjen

Original Poster
I looked up on Mousesavers and the rack rates (with tax) are $975 for Fri & Sat nights and $857 for Sun-Thurs nights, resulting in the stay costing about $6200 and she will have to pay for parking if they drive. Renting from Dave's is about $5300.
How do you like Copper Creek Villas?

Hcalvert

How do you like Copper Creek Villas?
I haven't stayed there yet. I will be staying there in March for 2 nights and then Poly 4 nights and then in June for 8 nights and then BLT 6 nights. I like the fact the rooms are in the main building and I have visited WL several times and always wanted to stay there. Poly is my go-to resort, but was too expensive in June since I am staying 14 nights and was unavailable for the 2 nights in March when I booked (which was after the 7 month mark). The March trip was a spur of a moment decision when the person I rented through for my January trip emailed me with the availability and was willing to rent at a reasonable price of $239 a night at CCV. The June trip cost me $3855. I am renting standard view studios though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom