DVC or Not????

brucie

Original Poster
Calling all DVC Members. We just got back from 10 wonderful days in the world and we did the DVC tour. We are thinking about signing up but are a bit apprehensive. Just wondering if all you DVC members are happy with it and if there is anything that I should be aware of or ask if I sign up? Please let me know!!! I will prob be calling our rep back later today!!

M:SpilotISTC12

I as well took the DVC tour a couple of years ago. I signed up for it that day because the tour made me realize that with how frequent my family goes, we could have had most of it paid off in the just the money we have spent on hotels alone. We have gone every year for the last 10 years and we have stayed at the WL countless amount of times and that can be expensive. I suggest do it for the financial aspect. The service and the point system is very easy. Its tough in the beginning but it gets easier to learn. Its really tough to figure out how many points you should buy. I would highly suggest joining!

dizMOM

We have been members for 9 years and have never regretted it. We go to WDW often and have also used our points "outside" of the Disney Resorts. Since we joined, 4 others at my place of employment have joined and all are happy. You'll love hearing "Welcome Home"!

CatsMeow

We are long-time members (16 years on October 1!). We love it and do not regret purchasing our membership one bit. We had always stayed at the deluxe resorts at WDW (Contemporary, GF, BC, etc.) and then, when they got a bit too pricey for us, started staying at the moderates. When DVC was first announced, we took a tour and enjoyed it, but we took our time deciding if it was right for us. We feel we made an excellent decision (the free park tickets for 8 years did not hurt either - that was the clincher!:sohappy:). It has been wonderful for our family, extended family and friends and lots of fun to share. We are considering purchasing some extra points for the new BLT and have not yet made a final decision. (We are major fans of the Contemporary and always enjoyed staying there; the Tower sounds like it will be even more wonderful. :)) We visit at least once (sometimes twice if we can get a good deal on airfare :rolleyes:) a year. It really does feel like home to us and we look forward to every trip - and we have made many, many WDW trips over the years, even before DVC was available. No regrets here - except that we can't be there right now! :cry:

jim1051

We are members and happy. I would recommend that you buy where you want to stay most times. Getting the ressie you want at 7 month window is getting harder as # of members increases.

TikiGod

Do your research and ask lots of questions to make sure it is right for you. We have not regretted our decision to join and love the flexibility and choices DVC offers.

slappy magoo

Questions like this always reminds me of questions like "so how did you two meet?" People love to retell their stories about becoming DVC members and how it worked out for them. :)

FWIW, I've few regrets becoming a member. It burns a little when I see a really good promotion that I can't necessarily take advantage of, like the recent discounted-room-plus-free-dining-for-Disney-Visa-cardholders deal. But then I remember that those deals usually have caveats, most notably, I can rarely go during the times those deals are offered. I sometimes joke that becoming a DVC member is a lot like joining a warehouse club like Costco. Yeah, if you have the time to look around, and can be flexible about when you go shopping and where, there are always better deals and loss-leaders to be found, but being a member of Costco means you get consistently better prices on most things in general. And being a DVC member means I will consistently get good rates on rooms, regardless of when *my family & I* can go, well into my eighties.

So if you're the type of person who can always be flexible with your dates, and can wait for a deal to be offered and strike while the deal is fresh before they sell out, you might not be the best person for a DVC membership. But I like knowing that I'll have decent rates all the time, whenever I choose to go, without having to work around the deals WDW chooses to offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom