DVC members. 2nd class citizens???

correcaminos

Well, I checked here in this forum all the way back to January, and there are hardly any threads complaining about the service from CMs related to DVC. About the only complaint seems to be that their room wasn't ready by 4pm. I know there was a certain now banned poster that constantly complained about bad service from DVC, but I think that was a direct reflection of how he treated the CMs. You do know that Disney puts any and all complaints that you make into their system, along with the attitude you had about it, right?

As an example of the type of service we always receive - we were at the Treehouses, and noticed a large scratch on the TV in the living room. We didn't want Disney to think that we did it, so we called to let them know, and also told them that a replacement could wait until after our trip. Well, there was a maintenance person there in less than 30 minutes with a brand new TV. We told him it wasn't necessary, but he said we shouldn't have to look at the TV with a big scratch in it during our stay. To us, that's above and beyond, since we told them it could wait, and just one example of the many times that they have gone above and beyond.

Oh this always scares me. Honestly if we have a 'complaint' (room issue or something) we just are super polite and make it not a big deal. Or if I write in with a small complaint, I make sure it is *surrounded* by positives! I don't want to be 'that guy' so to speak. Only complaint I had that was not sugary was when I was talking about the paying for security with already high dues. They took that one seriously though and didn't seem to treat me bad after. All my others have been quite polite since LOL

Like you, with little things we just say "fix whenever" Though when our door was not closing all the way without force, we told them on our way out. Not huge deal. We did ask for supplies or something to help clean the egg though LOL. Again we all laughed about it. Those were the ones that they went above and beyond about the service. I was sure to write in after that too to let them know how great it was.

I think sometimes those who complain so loudly and are rude about it are treated the worst. Granted I had an issue with a card at BWV years ago and I was nice about it, but the CM at the front desk told me it was my fault it stopped working so much. Or when I checked in once super happy I made sure my request of first available (and only that) was seen - she was a nasty woman back and intentionally moved us to a room that wasn't ready for after 4 (CM told us after - we had a napping child with us but the other CMs found us a quiet spot for him to sleep). So you do get a bad seed now and then.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Oh this always scares me. Honestly if we have a 'complaint' (room issue or something) we just are super polite and make it not a big deal. Or if I write in with a small complaint, I make sure it is *surrounded* by positives! I don't want to be 'that guy' so to speak. Only complaint I had that was not sugary was when I was talking about the paying for security with already high dues. They took that one seriously though and didn't seem to treat me bad after. All my others have been quite polite since LOL

Like you, with little things we just say "fix whenever" Though when our door was not closing all the way without force, we told them on our way out. Not huge deal. We did ask for supplies or something to help clean the egg though LOL. Again we all laughed about it. Those were the ones that they went above and beyond about the service. I was sure to write in after that too to let them know how great it was.

I think sometimes those who complain so loudly and are rude about it are treated the worst. Granted I had an issue with a card at BWV years ago and I was nice about it, but the CM at the front desk told me it was my fault it stopped working so much. Or when I checked in once super happy I made sure my request of first available (and only that) was seen - she was a nasty woman back and intentionally moved us to a room that wasn't ready for after 4 (CM told us after - we had a napping child with us but the other CMs found us a quiet spot for him to sleep). So you do get a bad seed now and then.
We are always super polite with everything as well, so maybe that is part of the reason that you and I get excellent service all the time. We even had the manager at OKW give us a $100 room credit because the dryer wasn't working for the first 2 days of our trip in a grand villa. We didn't ask for anything, just let them know it wasn't working, and she gave us the credit because it took them 2 days to get it fixed (they needed a part that wasn't on hand).

Bpmorley

Well, I checked here in this forum all the way back to January, and there are hardly any threads complaining about the service from CMs related to DVC. About the only complaint seems to be that their room wasn't ready by 4pm. I know there was a certain now banned poster that constantly complained about bad service from DVC, but I think that was a direct reflection of how he treated the CMs. You do know that Disney puts any and all complaints that you make into their system, along with the attitude you had about it, right?

As an example of the type of service we always receive - we were at the Treehouses, and noticed a large scratch on the TV in the living room. We didn't want Disney to think that we did it, so we called to let them know, and also told them that a replacement could wait until after our trip. Well, there was a maintenance person there in less than 30 minutes with a brand new TV. We told him it wasn't necessary, but he said we shouldn't have to look at the TV with a big scratch in it during our stay. To us, that's above and beyond, since we told them it could wait, and just one example of the many times that they have gone above and beyond.

I am sorry that you have had so many issues, and you do seem quite bitter about them, so maybe it is time to throw in the DVC towel.
They can keep a file all they want. I've let lots of small issues go. Things that they fix with a simple call. Fridge full of food, no toilet paper in the bathroom. Oh yeah and I forgot about the bathroom with no toilet, well there was a toilet but it was unhooked and put in the corner. I only go all out when I feel something should be done right now and it's a big issue. I've already contacted a lawyer about this last trip and have written letters to many Disney high ups. I want compensation this time.

Yes I am bitter, cash customers were treated way better than DVC members. I have a right to be bitter right now.

Bpmorley

We are always super polite with everything as well, so maybe that is part of the reason that you and I get excellent service all the time. We even had the manager at OKW give us a $100 room credit because the dryer wasn't working for the first 2 days of our trip in a grand villa. We didn't ask for anything, just let them know it wasn't working, and she gave us the credit because it took them 2 days to get it fixed (they needed a part that wasn't on hand).
I am super polite. Understand I just spent a week frustrated over the possibility of losing 234 cruise points, having to use 73 more, spending more money that was originally planned, etc... At a certain point nice doesn't get you anywhere it's time to change the game plan.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
They can keep a file all they want. I've let lots of small issues go. Things that they fix with a simple call. Fridge full of food, no toilet paper in the bathroom. Oh yeah and I forgot about the bathroom with no toilet, well there was a toilet but it was unhooked and put in the corner. I only go all out when I feel something should be done right now and it's a big issue. I've already contacted a lawyer about this last trip and have written letters to many Disney high ups. I want compensation this time.

Yes I am bitter, cash customers were treated way better than DVC members. I have a right to be bitter right now.
You really have the worst luck of anyone that I have ever heard of with room issues - small or large.

So since the rules for points is spelled out, what exactly do you think a lawyer can do, and why do you think you deserve compensation?

Bpmorley

You really have the worst luck of anyone that I have ever heard of with room issues - small or large.

So since the rules for points is spelled out, what exactly do you think a lawyer can do, and why do you think you deserve compensation?
Did you read all of the posts? I'm not going to explain it. Dvc and DCl screwed us. And I'm not gonna lay down and just take it

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Did you read all of the posts? I'm not going to explain it. Dvc and DCl screwed us. And I'm not gonna lay down and just take it
Yes I read all of them. All I can say is good luck. I completely agree that since Disney cancelled the cruise, you should have the option of having them moved back to your regular DVC account.

correcaminos

Honestly it sounds like you are beyond bitter and I have to wonder if you are not quite as polite as you think. If you have contacted a lawyer already - which was just over a week ago - that really speaks volumes to me about what you think you deserve. I'm trying to be so polite with you but I'm sorry, this has become too much. Good luck!

I haven't had room credits yet, but I liked the chocolates and cookies and other things. Though we had to decline the full cleaning. I appreciated the thought, but we really didn't need it. All for a stupid bird egg that fell LOL

If we see little things that don't affect our stay, we let them know at the front desk upon check out day. That gives them time to deal with it. Though if it was bigger like a dryer not working we'd tell them sooner. But a light switch or a shower door not closing right or the like, we figure it can wait. We didn't wait on the egg because I know darn well how bad that is to clean after it sits too long or the door because we have a kid who won't check ;) so every other little thing is no big deal to us. We like to tell just so the next person won't have to worry about it.

I think most people are that way. Like I said I have a couple salty CM stories, but as a whole they've been great. Even the one where the lady made our room ready way past 4, the other CMs did their best to make up for it.

Bpmorley

Yes I read all of them. All I can say is good luck. I completely agree that since Disney cancelled the cruise, you should have the option of having them moved back to your regular DVC account.
Thank you.
Just realized, not sure you're in both threads. So you may not have the whole story

eliza61nyc

Original Poster

Just wanted to say also remember "cash" customer probably aren't treated alot better, they just have the credit card company behind them. I know when I travel I use my Amex and whenever there's a problem I just give them a ring, so it's not as if cash customer are directly fighting with Disney.

Bpmorley

Just wanted to say also remember "cash" customer probably aren't treated alot better, they just have the credit card company behind them. I know when I travel I use my Amex and whenever there's a problem I just give them a ring, so it's not as if cash customer are directly fighting with Disney.
True, but cash customers were given the option to sail the 2 day cruise or cancel all together without a penalty. If they sailed, they were given half their money back, a $250 onboard credit, and 40% off a future sailing. Our only options were to take the 2 day sailing and get half points back or cancel and lose it all and no onboard credit. If that's not better treatment I dont know what is.

jaklgreen

The thing is, I've had issues in recent years even and were treated great. An egg broke on my balcony and we got free housekeeping for the week. The door didn't close right and we got chocolates. It needed a second fix and we got cookies and milk.

I had to be reassigned at BWV and I was upgraded free of charge. So that's why there is doubt. I've never heard so many stories where people weren't taken care of.

I have never had this kind of service when there is an issue. They fix the issue but never give me anything extra like free chocolates. Maybe I am too nice about it.

Bpmorley

I have never had this kind of service when there is an issue. They fix the issue but never give me anything extra like free chocolates. Maybe I am too nice about it.
We've gotten things, but that came after the fact. After we got home have contacted MS. We shouldn't have to do that. The time we had no electric and they said there were no more studios. Don't say a 1 bdr is more points, just give us the room. Should be a no brainer, but I don't think CMs actually think on their feet, they just follow the rules and that's it.

Bpmorley

The thing is, I've had issues in recent years even and were treated great. An egg broke on my balcony and we got free housekeeping for the week. The door didn't close right and we got chocolates. It needed a second fix and we got cookies and milk.

I had to be reassigned at BWV and I was upgraded free of charge. So that's why there is doubt. I've never heard so many stories where people weren't taken care of.
You are the first person I've ever heard of that was upgraded for free. I mean as a DVC member staying on points. I've heard many from cash customers, but never points.

correcaminos

The chocolates were way over the top. Like seriously we didn't expect it. Our door didn't close and on the way out we stopped in the lobby. Told them nicely, gave them our room number and said we were on our way to the parks. I was super nice - and honestly that's why I thought we got them. Or they were just over the top that week LOL

You are the first person I've ever heard of that was upgraded for free. I mean as a DVC member staying on points. I've heard many from cash customers, but never points.

No I'm not. Go search here and other forums and you will see. It was an inventory issue. They told me my room was taken and all they had was a preferred view. I didn't even ask or even have a chance to look at my room. It was done the morning before I arrived. I'm not sure why my room was taken out of inventory, but it was. I only found out about this because when I tried to check in it was under my husband's name and he wasn't with me. They saw in the system what happened, apologized for the delay in fixing the name, and wished me a happy birthday.

Inventory issues happen now and then.

Minthorne

Maybe DVC members are 2nd Class citizens. Those studios are getting smaller and smaller...

It totally has to do with SW:GE

So I read an interesting post on another thread and the poster said that they always felt like DVC members were treated like 2nd class citizens.

My question is: what did you expect upon purchasing your dvc and do you feel that we are treated "less than"?

Maybe it's because I had experience with timeshares prior to purchasing my membership (a family member has a marriott membership) I did not have an expectation of "extras". I knew that basically what we were buying is our future accommodations at today's lower rate. that's it.
I’ve heard moonlight magic is much more crowded than DAH. I think your confusing demand for moonlight magic (FREE offered infrequently) with a much more frequent paid event that is not heavily marketed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom