DVC has changed the resell rules

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
I got the same call earlier this week. The guy acted as if I was the only one that was unhappy. Great to know they are others.

celticfan

The ROFR that DVC has will keep the prices for resale market contracts from going down too much. Especially at the properties that are still in high demand. Prices for BWV and BCV will probably stay high because people still want those properties as their home resort and are willing to pay extra, even on the resale market for that 11 month window. Disney knows they can use the ROFR and pick those contracts up and quickly resell them for a profit, so I don't see the prices for those contracts going down too much, if at all.

SSR and OKW are probably a different story. The demand is not as high and DVC is not going to want to exercise that ROFR too often and end up with contracts they can not resell quickly. I expect those prices to drop a little bit more than some of the other resorts.

Todd L

Ive Gotta say....
Im buying into Dvc and plan on buying 100 pts at Saratoga springs for $9999...
After looking at The Timeshare stores site i have Found 100 pts at Ak for $7600....
$2400 is alot of money to me But Im afraid that Like many of you have stated The rule changes are Just a Foot in the Door.....

I now have less than two weeks to decide what im gonna do.If i wait any longer than that Ill either be paying more per point directly from dvc or Under the new rules If i buy resale....

I dont think Disney Loves people going into default on their DVC BUT, You Gotta remeber This Is Disney we are talking about...they can turn around and sell Those Points again and make there money back .

What really hurst them is peoplenot coming to the parks....

They Rooms are there reguarless. occupied or not.

Its better to Give the room at market value and keep people coming to the parks...Spend money on Admission, tee shirts and Hamburgers.

Pioneer Hall

Ive Gotta say....
Im buying into Dvc and plan on buying 100 pts at Saratoga springs for $9999...
After looking at The Timeshare stores site i have Found 100 pts at Ak for $7600....
$2400 is alot of money to me But Im afraid that Like many of you have stated The rule changes are Just a Foot in the Door.....

I now have less than two weeks to decide what im gonna do.If i wait any longer than that Ill either be paying more per point directly from dvc or Under the new rules If i buy resale....

I dont think Disney Loves people going into default on their DVC BUT, You Gotta remeber This Is Disney we are talking about...they can turn around and sell Those Points again and make there money back .

What really hurst them is peoplenot coming to the parks....

They Rooms are there reguarless. occupied or not.

Its better to Give the room at market value and keep people coming to the parks...Spend money on Admission, tee shirts and Hamburgers.

I personally don't see other big changes happening just yet, and I also feel that they would grandfather people in as they did with this change. I also think that the change that they made wasn't a big deal for a majority of the owners. Like most people, I will only use my points at DVC resorts (even though I am grandfathered), so this wouldn't stop me from buying resale. The $6000 I saved on my AKV contract to me outweighed the possibility of what I may lose by making the resale purchase.

Todd L

We took the Plunge yesterday and are in the Process of signing and faxing over the contracts to The Timeshare store...

I will be in before the changes so for me It was a No brainer .

I am of the "Too good to be true it probably is" mindset But after reading the contract my mind was put to rest and we made our deal at considerable savings and at A resort We Really wanted for Our Home Resort!!!

As soon as we are in the system we will be calling to make our plans for October!!!

Pioneer Hall

We took the Plunge yesterday and are in the Process of signing and faxing over the contracts to The Timeshare store...

I will be in before the changes so for me It was a No brainer .

I am of the "Too good to be true it probably is" mindset But after reading the contract my mind was put to rest and we made our deal at considerable savings and at A resort We Really wanted for Our Home Resort!!!

As soon as we are in the system we will be calling to make our plans for October!!!

Good luck with ROFR...that wait is a killer.

216bruce

My experience and timetable

I bought resale for WVL. The offer was made and accepted back in mid December. I was "in the system" and able to book yesterday (3/2/11). Things went a little slower than expected. Also, according to the DVC rep I booked with, DVD doesn't look you up by Social Security number anymore on the first call. I basically read them my name, address, phone number and last four digits of the Social. So, you need to do that on first phone call, before you get a member ID #. FYI. All in all a good experience, but the wait is a killer.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
I just found out that if you are staying at DVC on points from the resale market Cast Members will not say "Welcome Home" to you any more. This is going to be reserved only for those that buy directly from DVC. (Just Kidding:ROFLOL:)

Phonedave

I just found out that if you are staying at DVC on points from the resale market Cast Members will not say "Welcome Home" to you any more. This is going to be reserved only for those that buy directly from DVC. (Just Kidding:ROFLOL:)

Don't joke.

I know of one timeshare that has seperate check in lines. If you bought direct, you get special priority room check in. It is a seperate line, with a spiffy carpet and velvet ropes. Sort of like Elite access with Continental Airlines.

You walk up and they take care of you first, before the rest of the people that are standing in line.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom