DVC "Galactic Gathering" Cancelled

disnyfan89

Besides the conjecture of the author of the article, is there any actual evidence this was cancelled due to low attendance?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Besides the conjecture of the author of the article, is there any actual evidence this was cancelled due to low attendance?

I believe there are two reasons an event like this would be cancelled:
  1. Someone else wants to rent out the park on the same night as the party
  2. Low attendance
I think the latter is more likely. And they rarely announce the reason why, it's usually only known due to people "In the know" letting the cat out of the bag.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I believe there are two reasons an event like this would be cancelled:
  1. Someone else wants to rent out the park on the same night as the party
  2. Low attendance
I think the latter is more likely. And they rarely announce the reason why, it's usually only known due to people "In the know" letting the cat out of the bag.
Agreed, same goes when there is a change in policies, no explanations given

YorkshireT

Price for this was a disgraceful price gouge of DVC Members. We have had to endure some crap recently since new management took over DVC with the lockoff premium debacle, severe limits on resale (they lost a Riviera buyer here). I've now got to pay for grocery delivery (don't my dues pay my fair share of bell services?). Now I'm just waiting for paid Fastpass.
DVC is rapidly losing loyal member goodwill and is rapidly losing its best sales tool- positive word of mouth.

WhatJaneSays

To be honest that date was just a bad idea, it's the day before Star Wars Celebration starts. If there are a few days a year that the intersection between Star Wars fans and DVC people with money to spend on this kind of thing are the LEAST likely to be able to attend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom