DVC Check in and Upgrade

jbarteau

Original Poster
All

My wife and I are new to DVC and taking out first visit to Boardwalk/studio room in March. I was just curious to know in the past sometimes we have been upgraded and now that we are DVC was wondering if anyone has been upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom. I know the chances of getting a upgrade are slim to none but just wanted to see what was out there.

slappy magoo

Don't expect it or ask for it, be nice and polite, and whatever happens, happens.

I, for one, have never gotten any sort of free upgrade, either paying "cash" for my room or as a DVC member. Bear in mind, the way the DVC is set up, it's meant to have constant near-full or full occupancy. Granted that doesn't mean there are never bigger or better rooms available when you check in, but the odds are more likely, at any given time, there are more "cash" rooms available than DVC rooms. So an upgrade is not something you should expect, so there's no way you'll be disappointed if you don't get it.

Pioneer Hall

This is much more unlikely when dealing with DVC than a cash room. Since all DVC room expenses are paid for by the owner, there would be a lost cost involved if you didn't use the correct amount of points for the room that you requested. Unless there is a major maintenance issue that requires the room you are going to be shut down, and the only available substitute is a bigger room...then it is possible. Other than that, the only other possible upgrades are room view changes and those are still going to be very rare. Timeshares work differently than hotels where the staff have a bit more in the say of your reservation.

Phonedave

As others have said, it is possible, but not probable.

I have been upgraded a number of times on cash - mostly views.

I have never been upgraded when staying on points.

I have had requests honored (location, floor, etc) but always within the same point class.

-dave

Yanks07

Only once. Our Studio was part of a reno that was supposed to be done by time we got there so we got bumped up to a 1 bed rm. as no other studios were avail @ BWV

ddbowdoin

I am hoping to get an upgrade... not for free, wouldnt mind paying the cash but a 1br was not available when we booked. we arent DVC members so cash is ok with me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom