DVC and dining plan

The Griswolds

Original Poster
We recently rented points through a DVC member and wanted to add the dining plan. In the past, we have always paid when we checked into the resort for the dining plan. The DVC member says we need to pay them (that you used to pay at the resort, but not anymore). Does anyone know if this is correct?

Rob562

That is correct. You now have to pay for dining 48 hours prior to checkin.

To the best of my knowledge, it's more that you have to pay for the Dining Plan when you book it, and it has to be booked at least 48 hours before check-in.

-Rob

slappy magoo

We recently rented points through a DVC member and wanted to add the dining plan. In the past, we have always paid when we checked into the resort for the dining plan. The DVC member says we need to pay them (that you used to pay at the resort, but not anymore). Does anyone know if this is correct?

I would think that you could somehow do a conference call, so the DVC member could allow you to talk to the DVC agent and give them your credit card info, but of course that involves trust on your part...

Another suggestion, arrange a date of payment for the dining plan, and send them a post-dated check with that date on it. If for some reason they've not arranged for you to have the dining plan by the day BEFORE the date on the check, cancel the check.

Bernadette1977

I had to go through this today. We're checking in Friday, called today to confirm everything. Lucky I did as I'm used to paying for DDP at check-in, apparently that has changed and I paid over the phone. Three more days!

fredtom

The policy changed with the recent upgrades to the reservation system. DDP must now be paid at the time of booking-- at least 48 hours prior to your arrival.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Cindee75

We are also renting from a DVC member and were told the same thing. I trusted the member with my credit card info and saw the amount that she quoted come off my card and nothing else - this was months ago for our trip in September 2011. I hope all works out - I did enquire calling myself and DVC wouldn't talk to me as I am not the member. I hope this helps.

Rob562

If you're worried about giving the person you're renting from your credit card number, you could always purchase a Disney Gift Card from your local Disney Store or from the Disney website, and then give them the numbers from it.

I know CRO accepts gift cards for package payments, so I presume DVC Member Services can, too.

-Rob

Mrs Potts

If you're worried about giving the person you're renting from your credit card number, you could always purchase a Disney Gift Card from your local Disney Store or from the Disney website, and then give them the numbers from it.

I know CRO accepts gift cards for package payments, so I presume DVC Member Services can, too.

-Rob

Yes, you can do this. We rented out all of our points this year because we're doing a family reunion instead of WDW (couldn't convince the rest of the family to go to Disney, darn it.) Anyway we had some people mail us a check for the dining plan in advance, one person gave us their credit card, and one person used a Disney gift card to pay for it. All 3 methods worked great for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom