DVC and Annual Passes

nickys

Premium Member
Weird, but I was just told by a friend who is DVC member that he was told he can only buy the 1299.99 pass, there are no other options unless a person is also a FL resident. All out of state guests only have one choice as well now too. That does seem to be what the website states.

Was it always that way for DVC members ? That's 1299.99 plus 99.00 for photo pass plus 99.00 for water parks or 1497.00
I paid 799.00 for the same in 2015 and then I had 3 free FP as well. That is very close to double in 6 years. I think my 6 kids are on their ownnow for AP. Thank god we did our Super WDW trips 2015 to 2019. I thought dropping 5400 was bad after the 2016 raise of 100.00.
DVC members have to buy the pass through Member Services, and must be a blue card holder.

Perhaps your friends asked the regular ticketing CMs who would not be able to sell Sorcerers passes other than to FL residents. True, they should at least have the correct information, but we all know that is not always the case.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Sharing our DVC Member Services "pass the buck" letter.... Member Services, doing what Member Services does, these days....
Pass the buck for any AP data, to a clogged phone line.

Welcome Home,

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your reaching out to us and thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.

For questions regarding Walt Disney World® Annual Passes, we invite you to contact the VIPASSHOLDER Support line at 407-939-7277 or via Live Chat on DisneyWorld.com. Simply log into your account at DisneyWorld.com and go to the Help & Rules > Contact Us > Chat.

You may also visit the following link for the most up-to-date information regarding your Annual Passes.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/

We invite you to visit DisneyWorld.com and DisneyVacationClub.com for the most up-to-date information on the phased reopening, including the park reservation system, policies, procedures and precautionary measures currently in place. Please note we are unable to speculate about any additional details that have not been officially communicated.

Kind Regards,

Disney Vacation Club values our Members' feedback and would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you today.

Click on the following link to complete your survey. Https://www.disneysurveys.com/wix/p22093388.aspx?AGT=Eric

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in planning your or your Guest's magical vacation!

Thank you and have a magical day,

Eric
Member Services | Online Communications
Disney Vacation Club

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sharing our DVC Member Services "pass the buck" letter.... Member Services, doing what Member Services does, these days....

Welcome Home,

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your reaching out to us and thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.

For questions regarding Walt Disney World® Annual Passes, we invite you to contact the VIPASSHOLDER Support line at 407-939-7277 or via Live Chat on DisneyWorld.com. Simply log into your account at DisneyWorld.com and go to the Help & Rules > Contact Us > Chat.

You may also visit the following link for the most up-to-date information regarding your Annual Passes.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/

We invite you to visit DisneyWorld.com and DisneyVacationClub.com for the most up-to-date information on the phased reopening, including the park reservation system, policies, procedures and precautionary measures currently in place. Please note we are unable to speculate about any additional details that have not been officially communicated.

Kind Regards,

Disney Vacation Club values our Members' feedback and would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you today.

Click on the following link to complete your survey. Https://www.disneysurveys.com/wix/p22093388.aspx?AGT=Eric

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in planning your or your Guest's magical vacation!

Thank you and have a magical day,

Eric
Member Services | Online Communications
Disney Vacation Club
Wow…that’s a lot of “nothing” even from the “department of nothing”

Big Ben

Original Poster
I don't know, whatever I've read sure sounds like the Sorcerer Pass is available to Fla. residents or DVC members.
i.e.,
From disneyworld.disney.go,

Disney Sorcerer Pass​

If you’re a Florida resident or Disney Vacation Club Member, conjure your own brand of special magic with this pass.

The way I read this is the way it is, or they definitely need to rewrite it!
If it is not the case, and they are 1,299+, to make a bold statement, Ole Bob can shove these passes!

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know, whatever I've read sure sounds like the Sorcerer Pass is available to Fla. residents or DVC members.
i.e.,
From disneyworld.disney.go,

Disney Sorcerer Pass​

If you’re a Florida resident or Disney Vacation Club Member, conjure your own brand of special magic with this pass.

The way I read this is the way it is, or they definitely need to rewrite it!
If it is not the case, and they are 1,299+, to make a bold statement, Ole Bob can shove these passes!
Yeah…that was the assumption and seems to be accurate.

we do have to bare in mind that the “sales team” screws up the rollout and details of damn near everything and it gets lost and misinformation goes out…especially when it’s brand new. That has been going on for decades.

what we seem to have is 2 Florida passes, one Florida/DVC only pass, and the top of the line that is the ONLY option to anyone else.

the prices cull the Florida heard a little…the out of state fans are penalized if they don’t have DVC which is heavily overpriced now.

gotta love the Bobs

Big Ben

Original Poster
Yeah…that was the assumption and seems to be accurate.

we do have to bare in mind that the “sales team” screws up the rollout and details of damn near everything and it gets lost and misinformation goes out…especially when it’s brand new. That has been going on for decades.

what we seem to have is 2 Florida passes, one Florida/DVC only pass, and the top of the line that is the ONLY option to anyone else.

the prices cull the Florida heard a little…the out of state fans are penalized if they don’t have DVC which is heavily overpriced now.

gotta love the Bobs
Omg, isn't it overpriced! There is no way I could do it now, glad I got it when I did.

Our Niece and her Husband fall into the top of the line category, not sure if there is a way to help them out or not, but that's $2,300 for passes, plus tax! This Annual pass thing will probably be a one time thing for us.

I, for One, am becoming disheartened.

Last edited:

dovetail65

Well whoever is on the phone doesn't understand it or there really are two DVC tiers, one that can get 899.00 the other forced to get the 1299.00. My friend insists they told him again yesterday he is stuck with the 1299.00 even though I sent him the screenshot that states DVC can get the Sorcerer's for 899.00.

Maybe by the 8th it will be straightened out, but the very first day DVC did have to get the 1299, then all of a sudden it changed to the 899 or 1299.

If there are two tiees for DVC pricing it should say that on the AP web page. From reading that again today DVC has two choices and it doesn't say they need be white or blue or whatever.

From my perspective a person would never buy into DVC or any prepaid vacation plan Disney should include free entrance to the parks for all DVC owners for the days they stay at their WDW homesite. If that was included it would make it seem more like a Disney plan than the regular timeshare it is. I guess Disney needn't go there because people are still buying in.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Well whoever is on the phone doesn't understand it or there really are two DVC tiers, one that can get 899.00 the other forced to get the 1299.00. My friend insists they told him again yesterday he is stuck with the 1299.00 even though I sent him the screenshot that states DVC can get the Sorcerer's for 899.00.

Maybe by the 8th it will be straightened out, but the very first day DVC did have to get the 1299, then all of a sudden it changed to the 899 or 1299.

If there are two tiees for DVC pricing it should say that on the AP web page. From reading that again today DVC has two choices and it doesn't say they need be white or blue or whatever.

From my perspective a person would never buy into DVC or any prepaid vacation plan Disney should include free entrance to the parks for all DVC owners for the days they stay at their WDW homesite. If that was included it would make it seem more like a Disney plan than the regular timeshare it is. I guess Disney needn't go there because people are still buying in.
Previously the AP discount and the Gold Pass were blue card perks. If they are described as benefits or perks then it’s blue card only. So there are two tiers of DVC pricing.

Does your friend have a blue card? It sounds to me like he doesn’t, which means he has to get the Incredi Pass.

Perks aren’t just given by Disney. DVC have to negotiate them. But way back when DVC first started, they did get things like free park tickets. More recently - but several years ago now - there have been discounted tickets offered.

dovetail65

There may be two DVC tier pricing but nowhere does it state that relates to the AP pricing currently for the new AP.

If they are telling him 1299 then I guess thats the tier he is in. He is going to argue it again after the 8th. If there are two DVC pricing tiers for the AP's it should state that. It's going to create issues because loads of DVC owners are going to see the rules on the AP page and assume the can get the 899 and rightfully so. It should simply state Florida residents and DVC blue etc. One word could fix the issue. They should not rely on phone calls to communicate things.

Big Ben

Original Poster
There may be two DVC tier pricing but nowhere does it state that relates to the AP pricing currently for the new AP.

If they are telling him 1299 then I guess thats the tier he is in. He is going to argue it again after the 8th. If there are two DVC pricing tiers for the AP's it should state that. It's going to create issues because loads of DVC owners are going to see the rules on the AP page and assume the can get the 899 and rightfully so. It should simply state Florida residents and DVC blue etc. One word could fix the issue. They should not rely on phone calls to communicate things.
Agree, well said.

nickys

Premium Member

If I could see the wording I could comment better. Unfortunately the U.K. website doesn’t seem to have AP info up yet (and any link to the US site will redirect automatically).

Whether or not it stated it previously I don’t know. But having just looked at the page for the Christmas after hours event, the wording is that DVC members get a $10 discount on select events in November. It doesn’t state it’s a blue card perk, but it is. On the DVC pages it states it is a “membership extra” and those are only available for blue card holders.

I think Disney take the view that DVC members know whether or not they qualify for perks. They don’t spell it out, other than on the DVC page, rightly or wrongly.

That’s just the way it is, Please don’t shoot the messenger. 😊

Now if your friend has a blue card, then the CM is wrong and he should ask to speak to a manager.

dovetail65

@nickys is completely right. An owner should know whether they have a blue or white card. White cards are not eligible for any discounts or extras at all. Anyone grandfathered in will have the blue card. DVC clearly states that on their website.
If I could see the wording I could comment better. Unfortunately the U.K. website doesn’t seem to have AP info up yet (and any link to the US site will redirect automatically).

Whether or not it stated it previously I don’t know. But having just looked at the page for the Christmas after hours event, the wording is that DVC members get a $10 discount on select events in November. It doesn’t state it’s a blue card perk, but it is. On the DVC pages it states it is a “membership extra” and those are only available for blue card holders.

I think Disney take the view that DVC members know whether or not they qualify for perks. They don’t spell it out, other than on the DVC page, rightly or wrongly.

Now if your friend has a blue card, then the CM is wrong and he should ask to speak to a manager.
I am not quite sure why a person would even care if they were white or blue the way this is written on the AP WDW site. I am sure each DVC member knows what they are, but that has nothing to do with it becasue it doesn't state anywhere white or blue has anything to do with an AP. To me this reads and means any DVC member can buy this pass, period. Apparently that may not be case. This would be the same as Disney saying wait, you live in Miami, all Fl resident EXECPT those that live in Miami can purchase this, but you need call to find that out, it makes little sense. I suspect all DVC members are going to be able to buy this in the end.

Hey no big deal for me, I am not DVC.

Disney Sorcerer Pass​

Renewal Price: $764 plus tax—or $68 per month with 12 monthly payments and 0% APR on the Florida Resident Monthly Payment Program**
Highlights of This Pass:
  • Visit one or more Walt Disney World theme parks on the same day with an advance park reservation*
  • Pass is valid for use most days, subject to blockout dates on select days during select holiday periods—view blockout dates
  • Make and hold up to 5 park reservations at a time on a rolling basis*** (reservations are limited and are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates)
  • Passholders staying at Disney Resort hotels or other select hotels are eligible to make park reservations for each day of their Resort stay(s), in addition to holding 5 park reservations at a time
  • Bonus reservations will be added to the calendar from time to time, allowing you to make extra reservations on select days at select theme parks. Bonus reservations do not count as a reservation hold
  • Customize with add-ons like Disney PhotoPass downloads and the Water Park and Sports option
  • Standard theme park parking
  • Discounts on dining, merchandise and more

correcaminos

The DVC site doesn't have pricing or wording up. Even for US residents we looked to that. AP info dor DVC on the WDW site never had all the info. I am hoping they'll let us renew online soon and not have to go to GS every time we activate.

correcaminos

I am not quite sure why a person would even care if they were white or blue the way this is written on the AP WDW site. I am sure each DVC member knows what they are, but that has nothing to do with it becasue it doesn't state anywhere white or blue has anything to do with an AP. To my this means any DVC member can buy this pass, period. Apparently that may not be case.

Disney Sorcerer Pass​

Renewal Price: $764 plus tax—or $68 per month with 12 monthly payments and 0% APR on the Florida Resident Monthly Payment Program**
Highlights of This Pass:
  • Visit one or more Walt Disney World theme parks on the same day with an advance park reservation*
  • Pass is valid for use most days, subject to blockout dates on select days during select holiday periods—view blockout dates
  • Make and hold up to 5 park reservations at a time on a rolling basis*** (reservations are limited and are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates)
  • Passholders staying at Disney Resort hotels or other select hotels are eligible to make park reservations for each day of their Resort stay(s), in addition to holding 5 park reservations at a time
  • Bonus reservations will be added to the calendar from time to time, allowing you to make extra reservations on select days at select theme parks. Bonus reservations do not count as a reservation hold
  • Customize with add-ons like Disney PhotoPass downloads and the Water Park and Sports option
You were typing as I was. What is on the AP page is never what a DVC person can go to for AP info. Blue vs white cards has always mattered. Straight from the DVC site

About Member Dining Discounts:
Discount is off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages, excluding tax and gratuity, and is valid for the Member and up to 3 Guests, unless otherwise noted. Special events and packages excluded.

Important Information about Membership Extras:

Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective June 3, 2021, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You were typing as I was. What is on the AP page is never what a DVC person can go to for AP info. Blue vs white cards has always mattered. Straight from the DVC site

About Member Dining Discounts:
Discount is off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages, excluding tax and gratuity, and is valid for the Member and up to 3 Guests, unless otherwise noted. Special events and packages excluded.

Important Information about Membership Extras:

Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective June 3, 2021, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.
^^^This. It’s always been this way. If your friend doesn’t know if he is eligible for the extras, maybe he shouldn’t have bought DVC in the first place.

nickys

Premium Member
I am not quite sure why a person would even care if they were white or blue the way this is written on the AP WDW site. I am sure each DVC member knows what they are, but that has nothing to do with it becasue it doesn't state anywhere white or blue has anything to do with an AP. To me this reads and means any DVC member can buy this pass, period. Apparently that may not be case. This would be the same as Disney saying wait, you live in Miami, all Fl resident EXECPT those that live in Miami can purchase this, but you need call to find that out, it makes little sense. I suspect all DVC members are going to be able to buy this in the end.

Disney Sorcerer Pass​

Highlights of This Pass:
Just an update. I’m told by a friend that the information is there.

When you log on and look at the details of the Sorceress pass, presumably the information you posted, if you then scroll further down there is the caveat that buying the Sorcerers Pass is a membership extra and to qualify you need to have a blue card etc etc.

That information will only be visible if you are logged on and MDE therefore sees your DVC credentials.

Big Ben

Original Poster
Just got my Sorcerer pass. It was very easy to do. I was only given 2 options Sorcerer and Incredible, I just selected and checked out.
Yeah, that's the way it went for me. Logged on, had to use computer, the app was not working, logged in to MDE hit Annual Passes and it came up with the top two, made my selection and checked out, easy peesy.

I did previously add my DVC member info to my MDE so it linked up. Thought it might a little more difficult, but it wasn't.
Thanks for all your thoughts and help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom