Dumbo character appearance

CariBear

My son has had a Dumbo "blankey" since he was born....he sleeps with it every night and would literally freak out if he could meat Dumbo at the parks! He also has about 50 elephant stuffed animals....so it's all about the elephant at our house.

MasonDuo

My son has had a Dumbo "blankey" since he was born....he sleeps with it every night and would literally freak out if he could meat Dumbo at the parks! He also has about 50 elephant stuffed animals....so it's all about the elephant at our house.

I'll bet your son would freak out if there was Dumbo "meat" in the parks ;)

PolynesianPrincess

Dumbo's Circus is one of my all-time favorite TV shows as a child! Back in the glory days of the Disney Channel. This show (along with Welcome to Pooh Corner and Adventures in Wonderland) needs to be released on blu ray

I could not agree with you more on this!! Adventures in Wonderland was my favorite and I used to love seeing the outside of the house on Residential St on the Back Lot Tour... but I'm straying off topic here....

I would love for them to do a Dumbo M&G though I think we all know that will never happen!

mm52200

The costume used in today's ceremony was used nightly in Disney's Electrical Parade at DCA for several years. Do they not use it on Dumbo's float at the MK - they got the parade from DCA.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertmiller/435683239/
When DCA updated the parade with the TinkerBell float, Snow White float, and Pleasure Island units they took out the Dumbo unit. So when they sent it to WDW it didn't include the Dumbo unit.

GiveMeTheMusic

When DCA updated the parade with the TinkerBell float, Snow White float, and Pleasure Island units they took out the Dumbo unit. So when they sent it to WDW it didn't include the Dumbo unit.

Thanks for the info - I skipped seeing the parade in 2009 at DCA, so I didn't know about the Dumbo unit cut.

It's a cute costume, but it's never quite gelled for me. Something about it seems off.

midwest_mice

The costume used in today's ceremony was used nightly in Disney's Electrical Parade at DCA for several years. Do they not use it on Dumbo's float at the MK - they got the parade from DCA.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertmiller/435683239/
I do recall the Dumbo section of the parade and it had clowns too. There's hoping that if there is a new parade coming that some sort of Dumbo float would be added since he does have his own area of the park now.

The Duck

I never understood why Dumbo, a main character of a classic movie, doesn't do meets. It's a no brainer for him to "sign" with his trunk! (And use a feathered quill to sign!)
I can remember seeing Dumbo walking around Fantasyland back in the early 80's. The performers arms were in his huge ears so Dumbo would hug you with his ears while his forelegs (arms) hung limp.

ExtinctJenn

I was quite impressed with the new Dumbo at the opening ceremony for NFL today. Not only does he have the blinking eyes but his ears and trunk moved. Very cute! I cant' imagine they'd put all that work/money into something for a one-time thing.

Oh wait... they just did that with the dragon. Nevermind. He's probably not going to ever be used again! LOL!

(man I've gotten disgruntled lately haven't I? LOL!)

WDWFREAK53

I was quite impressed with the new Dumbo at the opening ceremony for NFL today. Not only does he have the blinking eyes but his ears and trunk moved. Very cute! I cant' imagine they'd put all that work/money into something for a one-time thing.

Oh wait... they just did that with the dragon. Nevermind. He's probably not going to ever be used again! LOL!

Dumbo is my favorite character so I'm hoping that we see him a LOT more!

asianway

Yzma was developed and made one documented appearance, at the movie premiere. Never underestimate...

drew81

Original Poster
Update-

He wasn't brand new. He has been used before. I did hear the rumor about Limited Time Magic and him appearing during that time.

dreamfinder

Yzma was developed and made one documented appearance, at the movie premiere. Never underestimate...

And didn't Col. Hathi make a one time appearance as part of Jungle Book promotion at AK? I seem to recall pics floating around on one of the character sites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom