Dumbest Thing You've Heard a Guest Say

dweezil78

Person 1: "Where is The Indiana Jones Ride?"
Person 2: "Oh it's over there [pointing], in Jungleland."

To this day I cringe a little inside whenever I think about this conversation.

Edit: I once heard a guest at Epcot ask how to get from the park to "Disney World". Um, you're already at Disney World, dummy.

I don't know... conversations like that are a good reminder of how much the average guest doesn't care about any of this stuff!

fctiger

A few ones.

I remember someone saying they should ride the boat ride in the house (POTC). --Its at least a fair description.

Someone asking where Space Mountain was. --This was in Shanghai Disneyland....they were about to be sorely disappointed.

Why Harry Potter wasn't in Disneyland too? --Yeah WHY???????

How come you can't use your Universal AP to enter Disneyland? --Its an Annual pass, not a passport for theme parks.

Is that a real hotel? --Someone asking about TOT at DCA. I'm guessing that was common.

And my biggest favorite of all time:

How do those guys stay in the same position like that all day? --Someone asking about the AAs on POTC the row in front of me. It wasn't a kid but a full grown woman. The magic of Disney I guess.

Rich T

Original Poster
The first year Indy was open, two geeky teenage guys ahead of me in line were discussing how the Rat Room projection was "the largest hologram ever used in a park."

Also, more than once I've heard a guest refer to all the coasters (not just the Matterhorn) as "sleds." Is that a regional thing?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Also, more than once I've heard a guest refer to all the coasters (not just the Matterhorn) as "sleds." Is that a regional thing?

They might be from an area that has these style coasters which calls the cars sleds:

IMG_7079-1-1024x651.jpg

SuddenStorm

Another good one from a couple years ago

In Tomorrowland

Sees the one did in a small group who's decked out in Disney clothing, walking slighly ahead from the rest of the group. Points to the Moonliner in Tomorrowland and says loudly to his group "See that there, that's been there since opening day. You can see it in pictures"

I facepalmed so hard. I get wanting to "show off" to your group by spouting off your vast history of Buzzfeed Disneyland trivia, but at least make sure the information is correct.

SuddenStorm

Me: Radiator Springer Racers is way better than Test Track.

My friend: Why? Test Track is faster.

It's the same logic I've heard when people compare DCA to Disneyland- they say DCA has more intense rides so it's better. I don't understand it, if you're only focused on thrill rides go to Six Flags.

I did hear someone who convinced a different online Disneyland group that Rocket Rods was the same ride system as RSR. Absurd. These people actually believed it too- and no amount of photos showing how different the track and propulsion system is convinced them otherwise.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Another good one from a couple years ago

In Tomorrowland

Sees the one did in a small group who's decked out in Disney clothing, walking slighly ahead from the rest of the group. Points to the Moonliner in Tomorrowland and says loudly to his group "See that there, that's been there since opening day. You can see it in pictures"

I facepalmed so hard. I get wanting to "show off" to your group by spouting off your vast history of Buzzfeed Disneyland trivia, but at least make sure the information is correct.

Hey its true because I saw it on the interwebs.

Ismael Flores

"I can't wait for Pixar Pier!"

;)
Lol, i actually heard that this monday as I walked near the cove bar. The line was huge and i stopped to look at one of the concept art.

Next thing I know I hear someone say.
- Are you going to get in line, you have to it’s the last day for the cove bar.
- I responded no just looking at Pixar Pier art.

-other person, yeah it’s pretty cool I can’t wait for Pixar Pier. You have to go see all the cool stuff at the cellar.

- me , Thanks I’ll check it out

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom