Dumbest Thing You've Heard a Guest Say

Rich T

Original Poster
(In line for Matterhorn) "Is this Splash Mountain?"

Actually, I've heard that one more than once, so I guess it's a reasonable question for a first-time "normal" guest. The Matterhorn's a mountain...you can see bobsleds going splash...

NobodyElse

I'm sure it is urban legend. It probably started off innocent like you said, then through telling the story many times over it got butchered into what it is now. Basically the Disneyland version of the "telephone" game.

BUT, it's also possible that the guest meant what I wrote, but just blurted out the shortened version, assuming the CM would understand the intent. If that was the case, and I was the CM, I'd have a hard time not replying with "3 O-clock". :)

Californian Elitist

A guest asked me where the dinosaur ride was once. Confused, I pointed them to the Disneyland Railroad. I later realized they were looking for Jurassic Park at Universal Studios Hollywood.

When I worked at Universal Studios Hollywood, I had multiple guests ask me where Disneyland attractions were. “Where’s Indiana Jones?” “Where’s Pirates of the Caribbean?” After a few times, I got so tired of it that I started answering their questions by giving them directions to DL from USH.

“What you’re gonna wanna do is leave the park, get into your car, and start by taking the 101 to the 110...”

The confused faces I got were priceless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Person 1: "Where is The Indiana Jones Ride?"
Person 2: "Oh it's over there [pointing], in Jungleland."

To this day I cringe a little inside whenever I think about this conversation.

Edit: I once heard a guest at Epcot ask how to get from the park to "Disney World". Um, you're already at Disney World, dummy.

Nonsuch

I wonder if this qualifies as an urban legend by now. It would be interesting to try and trace it back to it's origins, but that's likely impossible.

To play devil's advocate, what if the guest was down by City Hall, and they were really asking "What time does the 3 O'clock parade (that starts up by Small World) usually make it's way down to this point?"? It seems less silly in that context.
While this is an old joke (or urban legend), the more important question is why always "3 O'clock"?

westie

This was actually a CM at WDW at the restaurant in Canada pavillion. I ordered prime rib and got a pan fried mistake of the worst proportion. When questioned the CM said,"That's how we do it in Canada." I waited for the "Eh?" But never got it.

lazyboy97o

Because you looked informed and in-charge....

I'll wear a polo shirt with a team logo, and I'll always get asked "Do you work for xyz team?". Its happened even at DLR.
I was once yelled at by a guest in the Germany Pavilion in World Showcase because I was refusing to do my job and make the “rude” Cast Member go to the back and get the extra stock of merchandise that was not really sold out. She repeatedly stated I was lying and she knew I was a manager because of the way I was dressed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was once yelled at by a guest in the Germany Pavilion in World Showcase because I was refusing to do my job and make the “rude” Cast Member go to the back and get the extra stock of merchandise that was not really sold out. She repeatedly stated I was lying and she knew I was a manager because of the way I was dressed.

That's what we get for dressing nice and having a commanding presence. Lol :cool:

nevol

This one I didn't hear in person but it can be overheard on a dca soarin around the world 4k pov on youtube. During the scene with the Great Pyramids, a middle aged woman said to a fellow passenger, "The Taj Mahal." The very next scene was the actual Taj Mahal and she couldn't recall what she was looking at. Americans...

One I did hear from my friend while entering dca is "is this the park with harry potter?" LOL nobody has a clue what goes on at dca.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom