Dumb Haunted Mansion question

kammybug

Original Poster
Hi guys.
Does anyone know the story behind the caretaker & his dog in the Haunted Mansion? I've always wondered why the dog looks so sickly.

Thanks,
Kammybug

Testtrack321

Well, it depends on who you ask.

1.) He's the caretaker of the mansion and is scared of what he'll see since he hears scary noises, only to find funny and playful things, which is what you see. Same with the dog, it's just a comedic moment.

2.) When you exit the attic you take the form of the mysterious bride ghost and when you breeze by the caretaker he is scared out of his wits.

Sulley

Slightly off topic...

Anyone know the story behind the Haunted Mansion and Master Gracey? I've heard some, but they're not alike in anyway.

-Sulley

Testtrack321

There really isn't a story, that's the funny part. I really don't know the official story line, but many 'beta' story lines are floating around, along with a few unofficial ones.

General Grizz

The graveyard taker is scared because he is looking at YOU- - a GHOST!

What? Confused?

Remember when you fall backwards? Why do you do that? What's the purpose?

You die. You fall off of the balcony (take a look next time), and go to your death. Now, you're a ghost. And Bones and Graveyard Caretaker are shaking because they see you. :)

imagineer boy

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
The graveyard taker is scared because he is looking at YOU- - a GHOST!

What? Confused?

Remember when you fall backwards? Why do you do that? What's the purpose?

You die. You fall off of the balcony (take a look next time), and go to your death. Now, you're a ghost. And Bones and Graveyard Caretaker are shaking because they see you. :)

You're not a ghost. You're simply people taking a tour around a scary mansion. The Gravyard Guy is cunfused to see you because its not everyday you see people float past in doom buggies. The Caretaker is also scared because of the ghosts in the gravyard ( not you ). Plus, when you go back wards, you're simply drifting down in your doom buggy from the top floor of the mansion.

Testtrack321

Or, you could be a confused guest who knows nothing that's going on, gets pushed back in their seat as they go down, a la M:S, and then exit the ride and buy some more merchandise. :hammer:

General Grizz

Originally posted by imagineer boy
You're not a ghost. You're simply people taking a tour around a scary mansion. The Gravyard Guy is cunfused to see you because its not everyday you see people float past in doom buggies. The Caretaker is also scared because of the ghosts in the gravyard ( not you ). Plus, when you go back wards, you're simply drifting down in your doom buggy from the top floor of the mansion.

Fair argument, but my story comes from the intent of the designers of the attraction.

Of course, the whole mansion has various stories, so there are several interpretations.

mattravels

If you're a ghost then why at the end of the ride does the "ghost host" say..."if you would like to join us then you can make arrangments at the end of the tour."? Why does the tour go on still as if you're visiting? Just a question.

General Grizz

Originally posted by mattravels
If you're a ghost then why at the end of the ride does the "ghost host" say..."if you would like to join us then you can make arrangments at the end of the tour."? Why does the tour go on still as if you're visiting? Just a question.

Well, if we want to "join the company," that implies that we'd have to be dead. So we have the option to STAY (since there's room for 1,000 ghosts) or go on.

Again, this isn't the strongest concept, but it roots mostly in the graveyard. Then again, the whole attraction is a mixture of various stories which each rider can formulate differently. :)

MichRX7

Premium Member
Originally posted by imagineer boy
The Gravyard Guy is cunfused to see you because its not everyday you see people float past in doom buggies.

Really? I always thought he saw people float by all day long in doom buggies :) He's been watching folks since the 70's :lol: I figure he's afraid to get run over if he crosses the doom buggy path.

But on the story behind the HM, the best place you can go is: www.doombuggies.com

These guys know pretty much everything there is to know on the HM.

General Grizz

Right - - there are no ghosts in that area...the whole graveyard band starts in the next area (past the gate), and he looks directly at us horrified, adding more to this whole reasoning of us being "dead" - - and the doombuggies don't fall from a balcony and go backwards for nothing, you know. :animwink:

Disney wasn't THAT weak and random back then! (*cough* JIIw/F *cough*)

kammybug

Original Poster
Thanks guys.

I understand the guy & his dog are scared but why does the dog look like he's been beaten -just my opinion- Maybe it's just me but he looks sooooo skinny...

Kammybug :animwink:

Erika

Originally posted by kammybug
Thanks guys.

I understand the guy & his dog are scared but why does the dog look like he's been beaten -just my opinion- Maybe it's just me but he looks sooooo skinny...

The guy doesn't look much better :lol:

kammybug

Original Poster
You're right Erika :D

I guess if you can't afford to feed yourself you're can't afford to feed a dog either. :lol: :lol:

MichRX7

Premium Member
Originally posted by kammybug
Thanks guys.

Kammybug :animwink:

well, if you'd been standing there for 30+ years waiting for the doom-buggies to stop moving so you could go home and eat you'd be skinny too :lol:

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by Testtrack321
There really isn't a story, that's the funny part. I really don't know the official story line, but many 'beta' story lines are floating around, along with a few unofficial ones.

there actually is a foundation for the story - with characters, and a plot -(that somewhat stays the same, i.e. - gracey's position, leoda's role...etc... but - cms are encouraged to make up their own story, as long as they keep character names, and the whole feel of the mansion in the storyline...

SamatBCV

Originally posted by Sulley
Slightly off topic...

Anyone know the story behind the Haunted Mansion and Master Gracey? I've heard some, but they're not alike in anyway.

-Sulley

There's always a story with Disney.

According to our Guest Relations Keys to the Kingdom tour guide:

Master Gracey was a really rotten but rich guy. I basically cons this nice girl to be his bride. Once they get married she finds out what a rotten guy he is and he keeps her in the mansion. She tries to hide from him. She goes in the attic and gets into the trunk. Unfortunately for her, it locks on her and she dies in the trunk (when you are going through the attic and see her ghost, look at the trunk near her and you can see part of her wedding dress sticking out). He searches and searches for her. When he can't find her, he is very upset and hangs himself (as you see in the stretching room - also his "way out" is by hanging himself). There are more details to the story, but that is the general idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom