Duffy meet and greet in Walt Disney World's Epcot will end October 3rd this fall

brb1006

Original Poster
Duffy_the_disney_bear_animated.jpg

It appears that Duffy will be leaving Walt Disney World's Epcot later this fall but not the merchandise itself. Duffy will be leaving WDW on October 3rd this year.

While Duffy has been a controversial character since his debut at WDW years ago. He still remains very beloved in other Disney parks around the world. Especially in Japan (Tokyo Disneyland),France (Disneyland Paris), and China (Hong Kong Disneyland).

Last edited:

brb1006

Original Poster
i watched duffy do push ups last year during F&W...
i was impressed while i sipped my frozen margerita:cool:
He was the last character I meet during my third visit to WDW months ago. I hope MouseSteps or KennyThePirate heard about this.

zooey

I kinda liked him. I'm not a huge fan of meet and greets in general but I always thought the Duffy actor did a good job. Maybe they should give him a little section in Japan in Mitsukoshi.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Yay! All of Epcot's problems are solved!!!

Wait. Nope. It's still Modern Epcot minus one merchandizing character.

Still, all we need is about 100 other changes like this and we're starting to get there. I look forward to visiting Epcot Food Court Land in 50 years.

DisneyGentleman

Yay! All of Epcot's problems are solved!!!

Wait. Nope. It's still Modern Epcot minus one merchandizing character.

Still, all we need is about 100 other changes like this and we're starting to get there. I look forward to visiting Epcot Food Court Land in 50 years.
"Epcot is inspired by Walt Disney's creative vision. Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination, wonders of enterprise and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all."

Yep, Duffy is a "wonder of enterprise" -- we all looked at it and.... wondered.

The Gorge and Drunken Crawl (aka F&W) Festival is probably the "future that promises new and exciting benefits for all".

And "imagination" is what is required to see any theme for the place these days.

brb1006

Original Poster
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Disney didn't even have the decency to shove an actual character into our faces, just a toddler teddybear because they felt this market was underserved, and if only they marketed him aggressively enough the audience would eat that too, based on brand name alone.
Meanwhile the Japanese and other Disney parks in Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland are really loving the character.

brb1006

Original Poster
I kinda liked him. I'm not a huge fan of meet and greets in general but I always thought the Duffy actor did a good job. Maybe they should give him a little section in Japan in Mitsukoshi.
He was the last character I meet during my third visit to WDW.

brb1006

Original Poster
He was the last character I meet during my third visit to WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom