Dueling Dragons rehab

ukcoasterfreak

Original Poster
Bad news guys if you were planning a ride on Dueling Dragons this fall. From after HHN until just before Xmas its getting completely repainted! Shame but it doies need it as 2 weeks ago when I was there it did look a bit shabby compared to the HUlk and some other attractions.

Thanks to screamscape.com

ukcoasterfreak

Original Poster
I know this isn't really related and isn't much consolation but living in the UK has one upside to their parks is that all rehab is done in the close season as parks here aren't open all year around? But bad luck guys.

WDWspider

Originally posted by ukcoasterfreak
Bad news guys if you were planning a ride on Dueling Dragons this fall. From after HHN until just before Xmas its getting completely repainted! Shame but it doies need it as 2 weeks ago when I was there it did look a bit shabby compared to the HUlk and some other attractions.

Will both be down at the same time?

ukcoasterfreak

Original Poster
If you mean Fire and Ice both down together it doesn't say but I guess yes because it would take away the whole element of dueling as there would be no other coaster to duel with and also there would be equipment all over the other coaster detracting from the themeing.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Surely the parks in Orlando (WDW, IOA, USF & BG) could afford to close, for example, in February and then undertake refurbishment of all attractions when the parks are at their slowest anyway. This would then avoid the disappointment of people who arrive on a well earned holiday to discover 2 or 3 of their favourite rides closed.
Obviously, major construction work of new rides and attractions cannot be done in 28 days and would continue as now, behind screens.
But for the sake of a new coat of paint ???

tybroid59

My to nieces and nephews went on it again and again and never stopped talking about it ......

couldnt they use quick drying paint ?:lol:

ukcoasterfreak

Original Poster
I thought that as well Capitan Hook, but then when I thought a little more about it I realised that like you said if they did close for the month of February to avoid dissappointing heavy crowds in peak periods people who couldn't get to the parks at peak times would arrive to find nothing to do. Plus all the parks couldn't possibly close at the same time. And it would bulk up the already difficult crowds in high season.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I thought that as well Capitan Hook, but then when I thought a little more about it I realised that like you said if they did close for the month of February to avoid dissappointing heavy crowds in peak periods people who couldn't get to the parks at peak times would arrive to find nothing to do. Plus all the parks couldn't possibly close at the same time. And it would bulk up the already difficult crowds in high season.
You can't please all the people all the time........
.........But if all the travel agencies knew in advance ?

Rider

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK

You can't please all the people all the time........
.........But if all the travel agencies knew in advance ?

Wouldn't matter if Feb. was all the time you had off.

vacation junkie

i bet this closure has something to do with HHN and using the castle as a haunted house. the paint job is probably due but your killing to birds with one stone this way. makes sense to me anyways.

mbsolutions

When is HHN

Sorry, but I'm coming from the UK and will be in Universal/Disney/Seaworld for to weeks from the 5th November.

Will I miss dualing dragons...?

Thanks

tybroid59

Ok now i find out what HHN are and we will be there before they finish im so pleased now we have decided to go to IOA IN THE FIRST WEEK SO WELL GET A FEW RIDES ON DUELLING DRAGONS.................................if only i had realised what HHN was dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:hammer:

stingrock23

Looks like i'm lucky. I'm going in early October, so they should still be up by then. Knock on wood. Have the dragons every been repainted since opening?

It's tough to please everyone, but every attraction will always need maintenance time to keep them up to their standards. That's just the way it goes!

ukcoasterfreak

Original Poster
Re: When is HHN

Originally posted by mbsolutions
Sorry, but I'm coming from the UK and will be in Universal/Disney/Seaworld for to weeks from the 5th November.

Will I miss dualing dragons...?

Thanks

I think so mate :( shame because you're missing two great coasters. You never know they may still be open? :animwink:

mbsolutions

Shame

Thats a pity, I was there in 1999 and thought it was a great coaster, this year we are going with some florida "virgins" so wanted to show all the rides off to them. It's a shame when you plan the whole year to go away - I guess we were lucky lasttime as nothing was down...!

Matt

emmagata

That stinks!!!!

Our whole family will be there in early December and my 11 (soon to be 12) nephew was looking forward to going on DD.

He just got up the nerve 2 weeks ago to go on The Great Bear at Hershey!

Oh, well, we'll just have do to the Hulk and Spiderman a few extra times!!

ukcoasterfreak

Original Poster
I know everyone has there opinions but you can't sit around and moan about DD rehab as its got to be done sometime. Anyway get your nephew on Hulk (my personal favourite ahead of DD). It has just the best feature on a coaster how it accelerates up the lift and out of the tunnel into zero-g roll 100ft up!! My god its heaven!!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom