DTD Restaurant?

DreamAurora

So I'm heading back home in january with dh. He hasn't been very often and I thought I'd get us both a great christmas present, tickets to see la nouba. We've never been and I've heard it's amazing. I'm going to surprise him when we're there but we're going to the 9pm show.

I figured we'd head to DTD and grab dinner/do some shopping before the show. I've never hung out around DTD for dinner. Does anyone have an recommendations for a nice fun dinner for the two of us in DTD?

NiarrNDisney

Honestly I'm not a big fan of the restaurants in DTD, unless it's for lunch or we have a big group and are not interested in spending a ton. If you would like something a little more upscale with a nice atmosphere Portobello Yacht Club has a great menu, or there's Fultons.
I would also suggest maybe taking a short boat ride to Saratoga Springs and have dinner at the Turf Club Bar and Grill, they have beautiful views and great food as well.
ENJOY:slurp:

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

We are going to see La Nouba on our upcoming trip (6:00 show) and we have reservations at the House of Blues for after the show. We ate at Fultons a few times and it was pretty good. Have fun!!

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

Are you on the dining plan? If so, only two restaurants in 2009 are currently honoring the dining plan. If not on the dining plan, how much are you willing to spend? The only DTD restaurant we like is Fulton's--but it is very expensive. We went in September for our special 25th anniversary dinner and had an outstanding meal with super service.

Upvote 0

Disneyfanman

How about Raglan Road? I have been there several times and enjoyed the experience. Not terribly pricey, but the food is VERY Irish. Fun atmosphere too. About a 10 minute walk to Cirque.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Are you on the dining plan? If so, only two restaurants in 2009 are currently honoring the dining plan. If not on the dining plan, how much are you willing to spend? The only DTD restaurant we like is Fulton's--but it is very expensive. We went in September for our special 25th anniversary dinner and had an outstanding meal with super service.

I don't have the 2009 list handy, but Wolfgang Puck Express is one of the best values for a Quick Service credit at WDW. Compared to most other places in WDW, you can get some relatively upscale entrees.

-Rob

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Fun - Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex or Planet Hollywood. A lot of people don't care for Rainforest, but I've always liked it. Food's OK, and it has a great and fun, if a bit loud, atmosphere.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For food quality, consistency, and a great atmosphere Raglan Rd can not be beat. I have ordered almost every dish on their menu and have never had a bad meal. I refer to it as a "dart board restaurant". That meaning throw darts at the menu and whatever you land on you will be happy with. It is one of the few restaurants where I completely safe telling the waiter to surprise me. Service can be up and down but that is really true for any place. Price is not cheap but not highway robbery either.

What I would recommend it doing the early show (6:00 PM) and hit Raglan Rd after so you can catch the house band Tusker Rock.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom