DTD plans?

DsnyGrl719

Original Poster
Does anyone know anything about plans for DTD? We went last night and there were walls up all around t-rex, portobello, and fulton's. And also what about PI? :shrug:

Any insight??

Disneyfanman

You can find quite a few threads, along with quite a bit of squabbling, by doing a search. At the end of the day, nobody really knows what's happening. The general impression is that Disney closed down the clubs at PI assuming that there would be quite a demand for that premium space. Their reasons for the closure vary depending on who you listen to. Then the economy tanked. So now everyone is waiting to see what happens.

This all personally reminds me of River Country closing, except that this is in the middle of an extremely popular and well visited area of the resort. Disney has to eventually do SOMETHING.

rangerbob

I was there last weekend and there were no wall up around T-Rex. They are next to it where the McDonalds was. It is becomming a spanish or mexican restraunt. I was also near Portabellos too and don't remember any walls near their either. Fulton's did have walls up. The paint looked quite bad so maybe they closed temp to fix the boat and re-paint it.

DsnyGrl719

Original Poster
Oh no there were walls up all around that area... like pretty much blocking the entire view and just leaving little paths to the restaraunts. Hmmmmmmm...... interesting =) lol

Next Big Thing

There has been rumblings of late that a few of the clubs may return to Pleasure Island. The Adventurers Club wouldn't be one of them however from what i've heard. Mannequins would likely be one of the ones returning. For more info on this, go to savepleasureisland.blogspot.com. You may have to go to some of their older posts, but just scroll through and you should see some posts on this topic.

Mouse Detective

Does anyone know anything about plans for DTD? We went last night and there were walls up all around t-rex, portobello, and fulton's. And also what about PI? Any insight??

On one side of T-Rex there are walls around the former McDonald's as they renovate and turn it into a Pollo Camero Latin Chicken fast-food restaurant.

On the other side of T-Rex there is bridge construction. The east side of the bridge was just finished and is now open. The west side of the bridge now has walls around it as they redbuild it. Details at:
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2010/10/pi-update-island-hopping.html

Closer to Portobello, there are walls around the area where some niche musical performances usually take place and the botanical area around it. It is being rehabilitated.

Pleasure Island itself is now simply a vast wasteland. There is a whole thread dedicated to it and the above mentioned website.

Figment1986

On one side of T-Rex there are walls around the former McDonald's as they renovate and turn it into a Pollo Camero Latin Chicken fast-food restaurant.

On the other side of T-Rex there is bridge construction. The east side of the bridge was just finished and is now open. The west side of the bridge now has walls around it as they redbuild it. Details at:
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2010/10/pi-update-island-hopping.html

Closer to Portobello, there are walls around the area where some niche musical performances usually take place and the botanical area around it. It is being rehabilitated.

Pleasure Island itself is now simply a vast wasteland. There is a whole thread dedicated to it and the above mentioned website.

Daylight:
1030444780_NJhRQ-M.jpg

1030445045_uY83i-M.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom