Dsiney World's Best Kept Secret

freaklarm

Yes, I'm refering to Disney's Wide World of Sports, and while the All Star Cafe has a really good menu, I'm talking about the buffalo chicken sandwich at the consession stands inside the baseball stadium and the milk house.

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by cuteypatooty78
Has anyone ever had "the kitchen sink" sundae? I saw Samantha Brown eating one at the "Beaches and Cream" on "Great Hotels!" That looked SOOOOO yummy!!! :)

I've tried it with 3 other friend and we cover 3/4ths of it. We were absolutely stuffed after that! We had to cancel our PS at the biergarten cause we were so full and high on sugar. :lol: It's hilarious, they flickered the lights on and off and annouced it to everyone in the place, we even got people taking pictures of it. :lol:

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Sherm00

actually if you want to see the fireworks from the castle get an 8:15 reservation and request a window. I had made 9:30 reservations for the castle for me and my wife to see the fireworks and we didn't get in till 10:45. it was our honeymoon:( we missed the fireworks we were the last ones in the resturant and the waiter says ti us that they give honeymooners champaign glasses but we went through our allot ment for the day so we don't have any to give you. so when we left (the food was good) but we were really bummed. so we went down to guest services the next day and they called the manager over at the castle. we told him what happened and he made reservations for 8:15 for us on another day. ok so we went they gave us the best seat in the house, they changed the menu so we had something diffrent to order we got our glasses, they made sure we got to see the fireworks. then the manager came out and gave us our meal on the house. now that is disney service for you. just make sure if you want to see the fireworks from the castle get reservations eairly.

What a nice story. I am gald Disney put it right for you, restores some of my faith in magic. :sohappy:

disneydudette

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000

I've tried it with 3 other friend and we cover 3/4ths of it. We were absolutely stuffed after that! We had to cancel our PS at the biergarten cause we were so full and high on sugar. :lol: It's hilarious, they flickered the lights on and off and annouced it to everyone in the place, we even got people taking pictures of it. :lol:

:lol: :lol: whats in it...:veryconfu

bearboysnc

Re: Re: The Pause That Refreshes.

Originally posted by jmarc63
The Ice Station Cool is an off-shoot of the drink testing area that they have at World of Coke in Atlanta.They have more selections there andthey also have beverly there and a friend I was with Tasted it and almost lost it after drinking it.

They have nearly 50 beverages to sample! VERY COOL museum

kevinwyld

One of the best 'secret' places is the garden at the back of the UK pavilion at Epcot. I know it isn't really secret when the Beatles impersonators are on stage, but when they're off, it's a nice place to calm down and eat the Harry Ramsden's fish and chips:slurp:

ToWeroFTerRor67

Take the monorail to GF and go to the little arcade/ice cream shop and sit outside and watch the fireworks. It's a nice way to end or begin a Disney vacation.

This post shows that there still is lots of magic left in Disney World. We just have to look a little harder for it.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Oh yeah...you're welcome!

hahaha, sorry to side track, but that reminded me of Nick Burns, your company's computer guy! Jimmy Fallon cracks me up! :lol:

My favorite thing isn't really a secret, but to have a picnic on the grass outside on the hill next to JIYI. You can just sit back and relax, unless it's summer... then I fight to get inside the AC!

dwldzm9

Originally posted by ToWeroFTerRor67
This post shows that there still is lots of magic left in Disney World. We just have to look a little harder for it.

Well put... I was thinking that myself. In all our rush to focus on the big attractions and news, we tend to overlook the small things that make WDW what it is. It is one of the only places in the world where you can have a memory of an event, and go back and have everything almost exactly as it was the first time. Maybe this is why we get so upset when they close something??
<br>
Alas, things sometimes must be closed to make way for future memories, which are often better than the past.

AndyP

about that beverly stuff, i did the same to my brother, he nearly threw up, my favourite is that China one, erm, watermelon i think, but its lovely!

DisneyCP2000

It's got everything imaginable! two scoops of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and another flavor. As for toppings, brownies, fudge, butterscotch, pineapple, cherry, banana, caramel, wafers, cherries, and a whole lot more. Whatever you usually eat with icecream tack it on!

Check out this thread for an image...click

christopher

The view of the MK fireworks from the beach at he Polynesian is great for your first night. Especially if you are staying at the Poly. You can hear the music and There are even lawn chair with covers to really make it feel like your own private little place.

Attachments

• poly_18_p.jpg
    poly_18_p.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 141

SnowWhite5669

I love the bookstore/coffee shop that is attached to the Sci-Fi Cafe. It's quiet especially in the morning. You can grab an iced Capuccino and a pastry and just relax for a few minutes!! Plus they have some really cool books and CDs.
:)

Worldphile

Lockers

I think one of the best kept secrets is that if you rent a locker in one park, you can transfer your rental to the other parks that same day.

I'm not sure why, but it always amazes me that Disney has this policy.

It seems like they would jump at the opporunity to squeeze you for another couple of bucks each time you park hop by charging you to rent each locker, but, for some reason they don't.

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Has anyone been to Juan and Only?? It's a Mexican Restaurant in the Swan (it may be in the Dolphin). Anyway the food is Great!

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by JungleJim
Has anyone been to Juan and Only?? It's a Mexican Restaurant in the Swan (it may be in the Dolphin). Anyway the food is Great!

Guess it was allright..it has been closed for quite sometime now though

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
IT'S GONE!!! No way! Well at least the Snow White ride is still there!:animwink:

Has anyone been to Max's Cafe at Celebration?? They have great food too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom