Dsiney and Warner Bros.

bgraham34

Original Poster
Now I have heard a few rumors here and their about this. Is it true. They are teaming up to put WB in the MGM name at the Studios. Say it aint so.

bgraham34

Original Poster
I heard this is 2 Dinsey Stores over the weekend and toys R us. Not sure how things like this start.

speck76

I would find that very unlikely. Esp since WB is Time Warner, merged with Turner, and then AOL....too much competition from all aspects of the business. Also, Six Flags (once owned by WB) is still using the charactors, and although when WB sold to premier, they (WB) retained the rights to the charactors in Florida, it would not make sense.

I really think MGM will become Disney-ABC Studios, look at all of the ABC stuff they have up already.

bgraham34

Original Poster
I dont like that name do you. And ABC is not something yo would consider a studio but I see where you are coming from.

speck76

I don't care for it, but it make sense.

From a branding aspect, currently Disney, in keeping with the Disney-MGM name, is helping to promote MGM studios, which is a direct competitor.

Sticking with Disney brands, the following would make logical sense, although they might not sound so great.

Disney-ABC Studios
Disney-ABC Family Studios
Disney-Touchstone Studios
Disney-Miramax Studios (that will never happen)
Disney-ESPN Studios
Disney-Soap Net Studios
Disney-Buena Vista Studios

Of those listed above, I believe Disney-ABC or Disney-Touchstone make the most sense.

Of course, they would just go with "Walt Disney Studios"

ToTBellHop

oh my gosh...you people need to work on your spelling and grammar in this thread. It was an almost painful read. There is no relationship b/t Disney and Warner Bros. They bought the rights to show Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and that is all, just like they bought the rights to The Twilight Zone from CBS to build the Tower of Terror attractions. When and if MGM leaves, the park will be renamed the Walt Disney Studios Florida to match up with it's much less impressive sister park in Paris.

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
oh my gosh...you people need to work on your spelling and grammar in this thread. It was an almost painful read. There is no relationship b/t Disney and Universal. They bought the rights to show Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and that is all, just like they bought the rights to The Twilight Zone from CBS to build the Tower of Terror attractions. When and if MGM leaves, the park will be renamed the Walt Disney Studios Florida to match up with it's much less impressive sister park in Paris.

What the devil does Universal have to do with anything in this thread?:confused:

As for WB, it all fits into the Potter Attraction theory.:hammer:

speck76

speaking of said theory....I can not find anything where Disney has the rights to Harry Potter, except that ABC has the rights to the air the movies. (and I think only the first or second movie at that)

Can anyone point to anything online that states Disney has secured rights to develop a Harry Potter attraction? I would really like to see it.

Bill

Account Suspended
You will not find it. No such evidence exists. Other then my word I guess. LOL Well, the Universal Exec said Disney had Harry Potter "all wraped up." I guess we'll see what happens. :)

aimster

Originally posted by speck76
speaking of said theory....I can not find anything where Disney has the rights to Harry Potter, except that ABC has the rights to the air the movies. (and I think only the first or second movie at that)

Well, ABC aired the first Harry Potter movie last night, so they obviously have the rights to air the movies.

As for renaming MGM, I have to admit I like the sound of Disney-Buena Vista Studios. It overall makes sense tying it back to the old-school Disney days.

speck76

Maybe ppl are reading too much into what the Universal Exec said.

Also, maybe Disney was able to get a non-compete clause in paying for the TV rights (like...you can't go see theme park rights to our competition, this $140 million has to be good for something!)

Bill

Account Suspended
No, the universal exec was only someone who confirmed what I heard first hand. Mark my words, somewhere, there is an HP attraction in development.

DisneyFan 2000

Well they could've done "Disney Animation Studio" but that's too late! :brick: My best idea is to call it: "Disney's Adventure Studio" and give it that way a more general theme like it already has!

TheOneVader

Actually, Disney-Buena Vista Studios sounds good. BTW, is it pronounced "Bway-nuh" or "Bue-nuh"? I thoguht it was "Bway-nuh", but I could be wrong ;) :lol:

And I have one thing to say to aimster: "We were on a break!"

lol

Lennyg512

A Harry Potter attraction would not make any sense in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. It has nothing to do with Disney. But, like the Twilight Zone, it could make sense in the movie theme park, Disney-MGM Studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom