Driving on 95

psdisney

Hi Everyone,

We will be driving from MA to WDW in April. We usually drive straight thru but were are thinking of stopping for the night in either SC or GA. Does anyone who has done this have any suggestions for a reasonably priced/safe hotel right off of 95 in either SC or GA.

Thanks!!

Gregger

How far down in GA.? I always stay in Kingsland, Ga. at the Holiday Inn Express....Just renovated 2 yrs ago and it has a great free breakfast and next to 95.We stayed there the past 3 yrs. It's 3 hrs from there to Disney....Hope this helps.....

Upvote 0

GoCamels

Can't say enough about the Best Western Santee Inn, Santee SC...perfect stop, VERY nice rooms renovated in '08...great breakfast too...perfect stop in SC.

Upvote 0

valleyfan

We do this every year once or more, we always drive straight through on the way down from the Berkshires of Mass but always stop on the way home. We ALWAYS stay at either a Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn, they are always nice and clean and safe. Don't stay anywhere that you access your room from the outside, only stay where the rooms doors are on the inside of the building.

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

GA! thats far! we normally stop in the carolinas we have only ever made it to GA once and that was becasue we left MA around 2am. In the Carolina's, we normally stop a few miles after south of the boarder. The Holiday Inns around there are nice and affordable.
We'll also be making the same drive this april:)

Upvote 0

Tim S.

We do this every year once or more, we always drive straight through on the way down from the Berkshires of Mass but always stop on the way home. We ALWAYS stay at either a Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn, they are always nice and clean and safe. Don't stay anywhere that you access your room from the outside, only stay where the rooms doors are on the inside of the building.

Totally agree...the Hampton Inns and Hilton Garden Inns are generally a nice, clean, and safe place to stay. We used them exclusively on our trip over the holidays. The free breakfast is a great perk also.

Upvote 0
What I would do if I were you is contact AAA that is if you have an account with them.
I would stay close to I95 though and not go way off the road there.
I have stayed in Georgia on time myself and I can not for the life of me remember if it was a Days Inn?
Be careful also Driving through Georgia there are speed traps there as well as Virginia ok. Especially right by the bridge area.
Enjoy your time in the World! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

We like to find Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites. Generally these places are very nice, have refrigerators in the room, free breakfast - usually much more than your continental doughnuts. We have been able to find rooms for under $100.00 a night. I would suggest going to Choice/Comfort Inn site and putting in your route and viewing the available options. We only found one place in SC or GA and it was a Quality Inn that we weren't that impressed with. Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

njDizFan

when driving from NJ, we like to stop in Savannah. It's a beautiful city and only leaves a 4-4 1/2 hour drive to WDW in the morning.

many decent hotels in the area

Upvote 0

dizzney

We've stayed numerous times in the Comfort Inn in south carolina just before the georgia border, 5 hours to the world the next day, clean, free breakfast and well maintained.

Upvote 0

dX927

It's amazing to see Santee mentioned so many times here. I think I've stayed in that town at least 3 times. Can't really remember anything about those times so they couldn't have been bad.

Upvote 0

fredrickr

Recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brunswick, GA (exit 38). The Inn is just off the interstate with several restaurants nearby. This hotel has outside entrances on the first floor and interior corridors on the second and third. It is also pet friendly. The breakfast features make-it-yourself waffles, omelets, cereals, yogurt and pastries.

Upvote 0

micknminnie

The past two years we stayed at the Wingate at Savannah, GA. It was right off of 95 at the Savannah airport exit. The hotel is a couple of years old and they offer continental breakfast. We drive down from PA and it took us a good 12 hours so this might be a bit far of a drive to stop for you.

Upvote 0

micknminnie

Hope my wife doesn't read this. She's been trying to get me to drive instead of fly. Just don't know if I have it in me to drive.

LOL. We flew once down once and our last two times drove. We love the drive. It's a lot of fun for us, even with three kids under 6. It's exciting crossing each state, knowing we are getting closer. We thought it would be a drag but I don't think we would fly ever again.

Upvote 0

lbrad

We stop in Savannah, GA every trip we make to WDW -

Last summer we stayed at Best Western Savannah Gateway.
Easy on/off I 95; continental breakfast; nice pool; close to
historic downtown Savannah!!!! Approx. 4 to 4.5 hour drive to WDW.
We love Savannah...I use to live there....it is beautiful:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom