Driving from resort to resort

Rob Sarraille

Original Poster
We will be driving to DW this year and staying at AKV-Kidani Village. I know if I don't want to wait for the busses, I can drive to parks at no cost for parking. My question is can I drive from resort to resort and park? I know each resort has security gates and guards, so would they let me in if I'm not staying at that particular resort. My real reason is driving to the Contemporary, parking there, and then walking to MK for the rope drop, that way, I don't have to park at the TTT and wait for monorail or boat and potentially missing it. I can also leave and go to another park if I want also.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
No, you cannot leave your car in the Contemporary lot (or the Poly or the GF) and go to the MK. Monorail resorts are very STRICT about parking.

R W B

You can drive to each resort and they'll let you and direct you to vistor parking but they always say theirs a time limit. Now how true that is idk but I'd imagine at the monorail resorts they're pretty strict. Only time I've been turned away from a resort I wasn't staying at is when they had someone "famous" there and I was told the lot was full and to come back the following night which I did.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
They will check and see if you have a reservation. And if you say you are coming to visit and you are let in, you are given a timed parking pass (usually a couple hours. ) Security is always patrolling the lot. I would not risk a tow.

DisneyPrincess5

We will be driving to DW this year and staying at AKV-Kidani Village. I know if I don't want to wait for the busses, I can drive to parks at no cost for parking. My question is can I drive from resort to resort and park? I know each resort has security gates and guards, so would they let me in if I'm not staying at that particular resort. My real reason is driving to the Contemporary, parking there, and then walking to MK for the rope drop, that way, I don't have to park at the TTT and wait for monorail or boat and potentially missing it. I can also leave and go to another park if I want also.
My husband and I were in your shoes this week! We didn't want to take the buses from AKL so we drove. We got to MK early enough to park close to the TTC and not need the tram. We took the express monorail which was fast. Quick tip: if the express monorail is down, you can take the resort one and it'll drop off at MK while Everyone else is crowding into a ferry. I wouldn't gamble with parking at a resort. While I've never been given a time limit like another poster mentioned, I've been asked for reservation info. All around, it's not good practice. Plus if you lie and say you have a reservation, they may check your name or confirmation number in the system and then you're busted. Good luck-if you get there early enough you'll be fine. Have fun!

epcotisbest

Why would parking at TTC make you miss rope drop?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They will check and see if you have a reservation. And if you say you are coming to visit and you are let in, you are given a timed parking pass (usually a couple hours. ) Security is always patrolling the lot. I would not risk a tow.
This is definitely true. On my last stay at BLT my father-in-law (who lives locally) came to visit us and for dinner. We called down and had them add him to the list for parking. When he got there they gave him a 4 hour timed parking pass. The pass had an expiration time written on it in marker by the guard. He left before the 4 hours were up so I don't know if the time is enforced or not, but it's not worth the risk IMHO.

I also think that the answer you get will depend on time of day and how crowded the resort is. If you go first thing in the morning for rope drop it's a red flag that you may be looking to park for the day and visit the park. If you show up for dinner (or even lunch) and the resort lot isn't packed with cars they are much more likely to let you in. If you are already staying on property and have an out of state plate you have a better shot of "getting away with it". I think they are mostly trying to crack down on locals who don't have the upgraded AP that includes parking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom