Driving from Canada

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I drove from Ottawa and I honestly don't remember. I paid a toll crossing the bridge to the U.S. [$2.75] and then I don't believe there were any tolls the rest of the way there.

Upvote 0

mickeymomnorth

We drove down from Hamilton through Buffalo and went through three or four tolls...if you contact CAA they will send you a detailed map telling you exactly where the tolls are, how much the toll is and if there is any construction along the route. Best thing we did for the trip down!

The tolls weren't that much...just make sure you have American coins in the car.

Have fun!:wave:

Upvote 0

Goofycanuck

Current toll at the Ambassador Bridge in Windsor/Detroit is $4.75 Canadian and roughly a dollar less in $U.S. Last time I drove down ( aprox. 5 years ago ) I-75 was toll free all the way and the only toll was when turned onto the Florida Turnpyke, which was less than $5 U.S.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

You could always drive to lofton Va. and take the auto train down to fla. we are going that route this year and then driving back. We have driven before both ways but we want to take it easy, the only reason we're driving back is there are a few places to stop along the way where we can get oranges and pecans, and a few other things.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

No more than $5-7 total. It all depends what route you take when you get down to Florida and finally have to get off the 75. We have taken this newer road, the Western Beltway or something like that, the last two trips and there are toll booths every so many miles, unless you have a Florida Sun Pass. The tolls are usually only a dollar or fifty cents in most cases and you only hit a few before WDW.

I live in Sarnia, Ontario (an hour north of Detroit - 2 hour drive from Windsor) and we cross our bridge (Bluewater Bridge) to get over to Michigan where we head down 1-94 til Detroit, where we get on the 75 south for the rest of the trip. Our toll here is $2.75 Canadian for cars.

P.S. We LOVE the drive down and never even think of flying. Only have to fill our van up 3 or 4 times the whole way down and 3 or 4 more the way back! Have fun and have a safe drive down! :wave:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I drove from Ottawa and I honestly don't remember. I paid a toll crossing the bridge to the U.S. [$2.75] and then I don't believe there were any tolls the rest of the way there.

You must have scooted through my hometown then Monty! I am pretty sure we are the only bridge still that cheap. Of course if you have to go over the bridge twice a day like my wife (she's American and works over in Michigan), it's not cheap enough and adds up in a hurry! Thank goodness for the tokens! :p

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You must have scooted through my hometown then Monty! I am pretty sure we are the only bridge still that cheap. Of course if you have to go over the bridge twice a day like my wife (she's American and works over in Michigan), it's not cheap enough and adds up in a hurry! Thank goodness for the tokens! :p
The Hill Island Bridge connects to the northern end of I-81 [Highway 137 from the 401 becomes I-81]. So unless your hometown is different from where you live now, they have 'as cheap' bridges elsewhere... :animwink:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

The Hill Island Bridge connects to the northern end of I-81 [Highway 137 from the 401 becomes I-81]. So unless your hometown is different from where you live now, they have 'as cheap' bridges elsewhere... :animwink:

Oh...sorry! Wrong bridge then! Our local politicians always tell us how our bridge rate is supposedly the lowest around every couple of years to justify an increase in toll. POLITICIANS - jeesh! :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom